Author Topic: Battle 4 Mexico 2010 Live Results from Juarez, Mexico as they happen!!  (Read 14244 times)

Dark Geese

Wow!!! All I have to say so far just from the first PRE-day of this tournament is WOW! Kula is THE REAL DEAL, he is nothing short of a monster, he personifies Mr. KOF Mexico without question. He is the most impressive NeoWave player I have seen in person without question, and I saw the others and yes he is strong, but NeoWave impressed me the most, I mean he was Just Defending stuff left and right so much I was calling him "Mexican Daigo", he is just crazy good! From Thursday the first day of recording here are the results and already from the amount of hype Kula brings, the skill level he brings, the controversial interviews with him, Alexis etc about things ranging from Armando from Puebla vs. Kane9999 in KOFXI, South American players Salado, Buchecha, how long he feels it will take to defeat the US players in KOF13, and the skill level of Mr. KOF, to the great matches already recorded and the stuff I have planned, this tournament already just based off Thursday ALONE, is better than Nouveau Defi Prologue.

This tournament is going to be a monster no questions about it, me and Kane9999 feel this tournament is the El Paso one from last year all over again with the hype and Kula is STRONG in KOFXI.

Okay, okay, okay, enough of that time for the results:

KOFXI:

Kira (CD. Juarez, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX) FT10: Kula wins 10-2.  Kula's team is Oswald, Duck King, Ryo!

Disclaimer: Before this unrecorded Kula and Kane9999 did play, Kane9999 won 10-8, but they will officially play today ft10!

KOF NeoWave:

Kula vs. Luis Cha ft3 or 5 I forgot:
Kula wins 3-1 I believe.

KOF 2000:
Alexis vs. Luis Cha ft3: Alexis wins 3-2.

And now...

The Alexis-Kula KOF Challenge:

Not finished entirely yet, but they agreed to play the following games ala Mr. KOF-Alexis last year:
-KOF 98UM
-KOF 2000 Arcade
-KOF NeoWave
-KOF 2002
-KOF 2002 UM

As of now here are the scores for what has been played:

KOF 98UM: Kula wins 5-3.
KOF 2000 Arcade: Kula wins 5-4.
KOF NeoWave: Kula wins 5-3.

Today we are finishing the challenge with 2002 and 2002 UM.

Kula is simply a monster, I know he will represent Mexico well in general when going to other countries, I have no doubt about that whatsoever.

Also today while we are running all the tournaments except 2002 UM Tougeki, KOFXI, and 2002, we are also going to do a SuperTournament of Champions:

Which will be a 5-6 man Select Top player invitational of players that have won tournaments in various games IN MEXICO..

These are the games agreed upon to play:
98UM
KOF NeoWave (Trust me watching Alexis and Kula Orochi Yashiro Mirror matches GETS HYPE!)
KOF 2002 UM Tougeki
KOF 2002
KOFXI

Now this could increase or change today: But the players chosen for this Select Invitational SuperTournament of Champions are the following:

- Kula (obviously HELLO)
- Alexis
- Kane9999 (KOFXI he's won multiple tournaments in this)
- Ivan from Chihuas (Current 2002 UM Champion of the North)
- Zeus
- Luis Cha
- Kensou (if he arrives in time when we do it)

The OVERALL Winner is the Mexican KING OF FIGHTERS, now give or take some have their specializations such as Ivan in 2002 UM, but gotta add people like him to stir the pot up some more.

This will all be Round Robin, so everyone will get to play each other. The two with the best records in the end play for Grand Finals.

Okay thats enough of an update for now more live updates coming later we start back up in like a few hours!

Also to the guy that said about the 2000 Arcade and Console tournament, there are differences, Kula and Alexis noticed it immediately, so much I can say for now that the PS2 port of 2000 is about 85% arcade perfect...some timings are different on the port and some things don't work in the console like you can do in the arcade..

-DG
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:57:16 PM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

Re: Battle 4 Mexico 2010 Live Results from Juarez, Mexico as they happen!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 06:35:22 PM »
Official Day 1 Results: I gotta say it again guys- WOW. This Kula guy is amazing, I can't say it enough, he truly is Mexican Daigo that is what I believe. And after playing him in 98UM, KOFXI, NeoWave yesterday I hate to say it, but I believe what he said about winning against the guys in California, I mean guys I haven't played anyone that strong ever in my life...he's ridiculously good in 98UM, NeoWave, KOFXI etc.

Also Kensou is here and I saw his Ramon, Kensou, Athena team in 2002 and dude he is crazy, best Ramon and Kensou I have personally ever seen...

Okay Official Day 1 Results:

I tried to see who wanted to enter a lot of the other tournaments but no one waned to enter so I said okay fine we are going to just do a bunch of high quality matches. Alexis came for a little bit but then had to leave so he didnt play all day, neither did Lalo or Esteban, they play today (Saturday) at Central Park when we do the official 2002 UM, KOFXI, and 2002 tournaments. Kula is SERIOUS about learning KOF13, very very serious about it.

Okay results:

KOFXII  Grand Finals are:

Dark Geese vs. Kane9999, I will record this Grand Final today

KOFXI:

Dark Geese (USA/CD. Juarez, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX): Kula wins 10-3.

Kane9999 (CD. Juarez, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX): KULA WINS 10-5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kula adjusts and learns too fast I'm telling you! Kane9999 still thinks Mr. KOF would beat him in KOFXI, But I am not too sure about that, both learn SUPER FAST, so I think it would be a very interesting match.

KOF NeoWave:

Dark Geese (USA/CD. Juarez, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX): Kula wins 10-1. Guys he uses Guard Break mode too good, his Vice, Orochi Yashiro in GB Mode are just nasty, he is SUPER patient, waits to JD something then BAM, instant combo thats how the match went, I did ask him to play as Angel at the end too and he did!

KOF 98UM:

Dark Geese (USA/CD. Juarez, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX) Part 1: Kula wins 7-2.

Part 2 with me asking Kula to play as if the winner got $4,000 or for money: Kula wins 3-0.

MY God in heaven his real team when he beat me 3-0 is TOOO SICK, it is almost impossible to do anything against his Krauser he plays him that well, so well you gotta just sit there, ridiculous, his Heavy D is very very good. So is his Orochi Chris,it's super good, but I am going to play him again today (Saturday) in like all of this and we are still going to do the SuperTournament of Champions to which I think Kula is going to be the Mexican KING OF FIGHTERS.

KOF 2002 UM:

Zeus (CD. Juarez, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX): Kula wins 5-1.
Ivan (Chihuas, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX): KULA WINS DECISIVELY 10-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what is the biggest shocker of the day, Kula beating Kane9999 10-5 in KOFXI, or beating Ivan decisively 10-2 in 2002 UM GOING THROUGH THE ENTIRE CAST.

Now Ivan didnt use his main characters the whole time, but in the interview etc after the matches he told me that he is not sure if he is going to win this tournament because Kula SUPER STRONG. Kulais super strong in 2002 UM from just 2002 he hasnt played 2002 UM that much but that is HOW STRONG HE IS, Strong enough to use everyone BUT HIS MAIN CHARACTERS and defeat Ivan 10-2...

Wow I know..just wow.... All the matches were filmed on the Projector from Friday which does not have black lines so you get the background noise too and we are going to experiment with the MacBook and the Laptop for rematches etc depends on how good the projector looks because I thought it looked pretty good and picked up the background matches so the projector and the MacBook ...so yes me vs. Kula part 2, also playing him in 2002 UM today, Alexis playing vs. Kula, Round 1 of KOF 2002 happening today, KOFXI tournament full all of that a lot more to come from what I think is already the best tournament of the year, yes better than JuareZ WarZone AND Game of Death COMBINED...

Kula has specifically said he will travel with me to country to country to take out the top players, and after what I have said I truly believe he can do it...he has said he will go to EVO to represent the Mexican National Team in KOF...

More updates coming later...

-DG
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:41:01 PM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 09:20:09 PM »
Day Three Update:

KOF 2002 UM Grand Finals:

Ivan (Chihuas, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX): Kula wins 10-1. Kula is the new 2002 UM Bi-National Champion of the US and Mexico. Mr. KOF if you want to prove your worth you have to defeat Kula and Ivan!

KOFXI Grand Finals:

Kane9999 (CD. Juarez, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX) happens today after 2002 finishes.

Some updates from 2002:

1.Bonus Matches Ivan vs. Kula in 2002 UM:

Kula wins 5-3.

2.Kane9999 vs. Kula 2002 UM:

Kula wins 5-1.

KOF 2002:

1st round News:
Kensou defeats Alexis 2-1.
Severo defeats Kensou 2-0.
Kula defeats everyone in his pool 4-0 including Esteban and Lalo.

I have about 4 interviews with Kula, interviews with Esteban, Lalo, Hugo, Kane9999, Zeus, Luis Cha, El Combos, am going to interview Lecter, Kensou, Alexis today.

Dark Geese

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 11:05:13 PM »
Final Day Results:

If you thought the stuff I posted earlier was a surprise, the biggest shocker happened in 2002....

Let me give you guys some background info, Kula hasn't lost a tournament ALL YEAR IN 2002, everywhere he's gone this entire year he has won 2002 tournaments, that is..UNTIL NOW...

Kula was eliminated in the 3rd round of the KOF 2002 tournament by Zeus 5-4 in what was a very very crazy scene that I am glad I got with the HD Camera recording the Projector because it was soo crazy everyone took a break.

The Top 6 for KOF 2002 are:

1st: Zeus (CD. Juarez, MEX)- Current 2010 KOF 2002 Bi-National Champion: Angel-Whip-Athena
2nd: Lalo (CD. Juarez, MEX)- Kula, Vanessa, Athena
3rd: Luis Cha (D.F., MEX)- Angel, Kim, May Lee

4th: Kula (Puebla, MEX) : Angel, Billy, Iori, Robert
5th: Kensou (D.F., MEX): Ramon, Kensou, Athena
6th: Hugo (CD. Juarez, MEX): Andy, Terry, Joe

Yes these are the same top 3 from JuareZ WarField, yes you are seeing that right, different people like Kensou and Kula, same top three.

The North vs. South Part II also was great, The South won 21-18, they were basically even the whole time.

KOFXI Rematch: Kira (CD. Juarez, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX): Kula wins 5-0.

KOFXI Grand Finals:

Kane9999 (CD. Juarez, MEX) vs. Kula (Puebla, MEX): Kula shocks everyone with a decisive 10-2 win over Kane9999. So much that now Kane believes me when I say I believe that Kula can beat Mr. KOF in KOFXI, He now believes me.

This makes Kula the current KOFXI Bi-National Champion (That's right the USA and Mexico), so until otherwise noted, he is the man to beat in both 2002 UM and KOFXI.

I am here in Phoenix Airport awaiting to go home and gonna finish uploading Absolute Battle videos before I tackle the monstrosity that is this tournament. I have so many videos that it filled up my 80 GB HD HDD Camcorder, and almost filled up my second one!

Also just forget about the Game of Death 2010 videos, just don't even worry about it anymore, we are just gonna move forward with everything else.

If Ciudad Juarez didn't have the respect before in regards to their skill, they have it now no questions asked, so much you gotta seriously ask yourself whether Juarez right now is the best city for KOF 2002 IN MEXICO..The South said that they feel they are even with them, so you have the debate for the best city in KOF 2002 right now:

D.F. or Juarez, Mexico...

Okay guys that's all I can think about right now it's bittersweet to say I'm back home, I probably won't get to play someone of such high caliber as Kula until the next tournament so that is quite bittersweet, I get spoiled by the high level play in Mexico so much that I come back here and it's nothing but dissappointment after dissapointment... =(

-DG
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:05:43 PM by Dark Geese »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 05:13:19 AM »
Damn Kula killed it. Does he just practice and play a lot more than everyone down there to be so good???
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 04:41:04 AM »
I can't wait to see these videos and Kula sounds like a really scary player. Can't wait to see those matches with him and Kane in KOFXI.

And now you got my hyped up about Hammer coming to a tournament next year cause I remember you guys saying he is a top player in Japan. Any chances of any other Japanese players joining Hammer and making the same trip that weekend? That would be a pretty cool scene. Any chances or China's top players ever coming to Mexico?

Can't wait for that weekend and hell, I may just make it my duty to go down there and just be there for all the crazy stuff that will go down!

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 06:41:15 PM »
Damn Kula killed it. Does he just practice and play a lot more than everyone down there to be so good???

Well hell even Abraham told us that Kula is just on another level and he truly is on another level, I dont know man he just knows and is too good seriously.  But I have heard at times he will practice sometimes for 10 hours a day..and if that is the case well..it shows!!! He truly is the Mexican Daigo (KOF)!

Cyber- Me and Bata have been talking and yes there is a chance tops could be coming, and Hummer is not a top player in Japan, if you mean by top top 100 thats what Hummer is.... China is a bridge we will cross later...

Vids with Kula a lot of them are already up on my youtube channel but there remains to be seen a lot more..

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 12:04:36 AM »
ah ok. I was under the impression that Hummer was a top player in 2002 because I remember back in SRK in a convo you were having with emil, that he was one of the best players in 2k2 on GGPO and offline. I mainly remember this because he aparently does not play 2k2UM much because of the Angel and May Lee fixes.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 01:04:59 PM »
KOF 13 is NOW! There is no glory beating me while i am not in my prime. So this is my challenge,  Beat TEAM DEADLY DUO for retirement or for money in 13 . We can have dinner matches too! Forget EVO and come to AI! I'd love for a japanese player to come too. Ever heard of 2pac? ME AGAINST THE WORLD!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Dark Geese

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 05:21:01 PM »
KOF 13 is NOW! There is no glory beating me while i am not in my prime. So this is my challenge,  Beat TEAM DEADLY DUO for retirement or for money in 13 . We can have dinner matches too! Forget EVO and come to AI! I'd love for a japanese player to come too. Ever heard of 2pac? ME AGAINST THE WORLD!

But isn't AI closing? Also Kula needs 2 months he says to get ready to play you guys in KOF13, so I want to give him that, but by that time he has that for console, where will you guys be playing KOF13?

Also if we are gonna do this stuff at AI then I can go back to my original plan of taking top Mexican players to California, remember? Kula was supposed to be a part of that plan to!!!

So then we can go back to doing that, because Kula says he will come to California and he said as I say on the interview that he thinks he can beat any of you in any KOF, and he only needs 2 months to get ready in 13..
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:24:27 PM by Dark Geese »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
A.I. may close. but we have another KOF 13 spot for arcade play. Come when you're ready.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Dark Geese

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 06:24:53 PM »
A.I. may close. but we have another KOF 13 spot for arcade play. Come when you're ready.

Really? Hmmm then I need to get a hold of Oscar so we can start planning...

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 07:15:36 PM »
Thanks for uploading footage from the event; matches, casuals, and the interviews are interesting to watch. I think all of that footage would've added to 10+dvds, lol.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 09:44:18 PM »
Thanks for uploading footage from the event; matches, casuals, and the interviews are interesting to watch. I think all of that footage would've added to 10+dvds, lol.

Yeah exactly I think with all the footage it would've easily eclipsed 10 DVDs. And thing is I am STILL not done uploading footage, I have probably the rest of this week and I'll be finished..then I'll do a final video like I always do doing shoutouts and talking about the STREAM issue.

Mr. KOF is right KOF 13 IS NOW..and KULA IS PLAYING IT NOW..he has a bootleg version of it for the arcade but HE IS PLAYING IT NOW..this is word I heard from a very reliable bird LAST NIGHT..so practice up AI...Kula is getting ready for YOU.

Now when I finish all the vids I am going to post ONE link..one link to my playlist so you can watch them all or whatever you want to watch at your own pace and leisure, it is just not worth me posting all 400 videos here..not worth the time esp when I do have a life you know...

But for now here are some vids to hold you all over...it's a mix of documentary footage, Grand Finals, 2k2UM, KOFXI, 98UM..

There that is to me enough for now, next time I post up something it will be the Battle 4 Mexico 2010 official playlist.

edit- Also Cibernetico- Hummer actually has started playing 2k2UM, and the game continues to grow in Mexico, more and more are playing it, and 98UM ironically is getting a boost too, more are playing that as well, and 13, well that's gonna be obvious...

-DG
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:50:41 PM by Dark Geese »

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 07:54:54 AM »
I loved how Kula played Oswald in KOFXI. Also, very cool to see some more 98UM played. Great stuff overall.

Man I feel so outta the loop. I haven't played XIII yet with the A.I. guys and I don't have anyone who really cares about KOF in my area like MEX. I really want to be a frequent tournament member for XIII and other KOFs.

I'm so fucking sick of asking people in my area if they play KOF and getting responses like:

''lol I don't play that shit."
"No way. It's all inifnites and bugs"
"I don't speak Spanish, *****. "
"You mean that game with the *** in it?"

You get my point. I will make it to Mexico. I have to.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:13:14 AM by Gravelneed »