Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343294 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #690 on: March 17, 2016, 09:33:13 PM »
Nice for Kim and Kyo to finally look different again.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 17, 2016, 09:48:28 PM »
I hope Benimaru doesn't go full-on creep on Sylvie....
[spoiler]     Benimaru: "Ten, no, let's make that five more years... You're way too young..."
    Kula: "What? What are you talking about? Are you talking about me?"
    Benimaru: "Man, if only I could have first met you five years in the future. That would've been so much better."
    Kula: "Better? How come? What's supposed to happen in five years? Come on, tell me, tell me!"
    Benimaru: "Nope, just forget what I said! I'm a horrible person for mentioning it, so please forgive me and never bring this up!" [/spoiler]

I'm also slightly bothered about Sylvie's name. You see, in Finland, there is woman's name Sylvi (pronounced about the same way you would probably say Sylvie). At least in my mind, Sylvi is name of a old woman.... Not a major thing, but still looking forward to at least try Sylvie.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 18, 2016, 12:30:31 AM »

It's easy to do when Kyo changes with every new teaser trailer.

But in seriousness, I like this new teaser. I would've preferred if most of it was dedicated to showing off Syliva, Vice, and Kim, but I like the new added details some of the characters got (the bend of Billy's staff during his dp, K.O.D's glass ceiling breaking DM).

I know for sure Kim will be a main, I like Vice's redesign (not as nice as her secretary suit, but I like it) and how she seems implemented into XIV. Sylvie...I don't hate her. Like people have talked about with Chloe in Tekken 7, that's definitely the kind of character someone would use to troll on another (like with Mignon in MI, I might too). Outfitting isn't my style, but I know the inspiration at least, and her electricity seems more magnetic, set apart from Beni's, so I'm interested to see what she's like altogether.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 18, 2016, 12:37:23 AM »
Well.. Two complaints. 1. Kim looks as Custle said, unfinished. His flow is off. 2. Sylvie looks like puke. Like a megaman clown.

The game is looking good all in all though and while i'm confident that kim will be looking better further down the line i have to hope that i won't be finding Sylvie annoying. My immediate reaction to her was one of disgust but i'll probably get over it.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 18, 2016, 01:29:38 AM »

It's easy to do when Kyo changes with every new teaser trailer.

But in seriousness, I like this new teaser. I would've preferred if most of it was dedicated to showing off Syliva, Vice, and Kim, but I like the new added details some of the characters got (the bend of Billy's staff during his dp, K.O.D's glass ceiling breaking DM).

I know for sure Kim will be a main, I like Vice's redesign (not as nice as her secretary suit, but I like it) and how she seems implemented into XIV. Sylvie...I don't hate her. Like people have talked about with Chloe in Tekken 7, that's definitely the kind of character someone would use to troll on another (like with Mignon in MI, I might too). Outfitting isn't my style, but I know the inspiration at least, and her electricity seems more magnetic, set apart from Beni's, so I'm interested to see what she's like altogether.

I'm mostly talking about the fact that KOFXIII Kim, Kyo, and Kensou had the same hair style. I thought their edit ending was playing on that fact.

As for Sylvia, I love her lolita style. I know women who dress like that in real life so I don't find her attire abnormal. Some people even consider to play her for the fact that she is based off Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

Some part of me hopes that Vice got Orochi Yashiro's command grab dm.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 18, 2016, 02:51:31 AM »
They should polish Kim's face.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 18, 2016, 05:23:50 AM »
They should polish Kim's face.

I don't doubt he's still being polished. But the more I look at that trailer, the more I'm surprised in how detailed Sylvie's face already looks. As wild as her design looks, and assuming she's closed to finished, it probably would've been worse to show a more unfinished version.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:32:18 AM by solidshark »
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 18, 2016, 09:08:19 AM »
Is Sylvie some sort of robot/android/cyborg? At 0:55 mark when she is hit by electricity, you can hear beebing sound.

I also think it is nice touch to hear Choi's claw's clanking whe he is attacking.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 18, 2016, 09:13:46 AM »
Is Sylvie some sort of robot/android/cyborg? At 0:55 mark when she is hit by electricity, you can hear beebing sound.

I was going to say no, and that she's probably imitating one like the sounds she made in the beginning. But after watching it again, maybe....?
-Terry Bogard, 1995

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 18, 2016, 11:33:19 AM »
Well then let's put together the info compiled as of yet; She supposedly has something to do with NESTS who are responsible for Maxima and Candy, she's some kind of idol, she uses electricity to fight ... So NESTS is now so defunct and broke they've repurposed old battle cyborgs to be idols to gather money lol. I hope that isn't her story for real ... but I'd laugh really hard if it were the case.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 18, 2016, 11:38:12 AM »
I would like to think they have already polished and created the new characters more so than the veterans. The old cast can be created quickly as they have previous games for a reference.

Vice looked very good. What Amedø310 said about maybe having yashiros hcf,hcf+k DM, it does look alike. That's the power of 3d graphics, you can have more expression on a character as a whole.

Terry's A burn knuckle is a super cancel.

Kim didn't look cool, they showed him to soon. Actually the only problem with kim was his ranbu finish with the flash kick. He started the first flash kick to low to the floor I felt.

I feel they are showing work from last year. That's cool because I don't want them to rush this game.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:35:39 PM by shinefist »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 18, 2016, 01:49:04 PM »
Well then let's put together the info compiled as of yet; She supposedly has something to do with NESTS who are responsible for Maxima and Candy, she's some kind of idol, she uses electricity to fight ... So NESTS is now so defunct and broke they've repurposed old battle cyborgs to be idols to gather money lol. I hope that isn't her story for real ... but I'd laugh really hard if it were the case.
NESTS-Saga 2: Electric Boogaloo is happening!! :)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 18, 2016, 02:29:20 PM »
I liked the new trailer.
Sylvie is not my type of a character, but she looks hilarious and funny, and maybe more like a little crazy witch than a cute young moe girl. And it looks like she is a paradoy of Kyray Pamyu Pamyu. Somehow, I thinks she's interesting.
Some info regarding her. Not sure if this was posted. I'm sorry if it was.
Sylvie

A remaining survivor from the Nests cartel who can control electromagnetic power at will.

NESTS treated Sylvie as completely useless member since she couldn't bring out her potential back when the cartel was around, but she later woke up to her power after the organization had demolished and started making use of it in the underground fighting scene.

From there, she was scouted by the tournament organizer of the KOF tournament.
source: http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10138.html

And some images
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201603180004/

Vice looks great. More evil than ever. Not sure about new outfit mixing her new and old outfits, but well, is just a detail. Kim looks unfinished and too young, but still is nice to see a veteran like Kim getting back. Kyo looks terribly awful. SNKP does really need serious help to fix Kyo. He's getting worst and worst at every trailer.

I loved new stages shown. Opera palace is great. Desert gas station is a very staple one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:33:15 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Mrkarate23

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 18, 2016, 04:58:30 PM »
I disagree about kyo looking worse and worse, the first few trailers kyo looked lifeless. His facial expressions were static, with the recent iteration to his face he stands out more than other characters such as Andy who still need work done on his face and hair. Terry appeared later than Andy, his facial expressions are leauge better than Andy.  I can tell that terry is in his mid twenties with Andy I cant. Current kyo looks his age of being in is late teens and early twenties. The mojority of the characters don't look like their 2d  art.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 18, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »
I figured NESTS would get another chance at the spotlight one of these days. Lorewise they've done a lot to the universe that their legacy won't just go away after being defeated. If this game marks the start of the Dragon Spirit saga, something that was mentioned during the NESTS saga, then it would make sense for remnants of NESTS to emerge.