Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343812 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #780 on: March 25, 2016, 08:16:13 AM »
@solidshark you forgot Rob Python from Bukiri One. But then again, everyone forgets Bukiri One.

Thanks, shouldn't have forgotten him.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 25, 2016, 08:29:32 AM »
We've only seen one kyokugen character so far? Or have i missed something? It would be cool if they snuck a surprise Butt in there.
I was more thinking about how Kyokugen characters have got moveset updates over years. Robert has always been the one with huge wardrobe, but I would welcome if Ryo and Yuri got new outfits. Butt would be nice addition someday, but I highly doubt that. It's like SNK is holding Garou characters for something else, eh?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 25, 2016, 08:35:50 AM »
I was more thinking about how Kyokugen characters have got moveset updates over years. Robert has always been the one with huge wardrobe, but I would welcome if Ryo and Yuri got new outfits. Butt would be nice addition someday, but I highly doubt that. It's like SNK is holding Garou characters for something else, eh?

I'd expect Yuri to get a wardrobe change before Ryo, though if the reveal pic is totally right, they'll be ther usual selves (here's hoping they bring back is wider '98 stance back). I'm just waiting for the time Ryo takes over as his version of bearded Mr. Karate. However if they save that for a potential Garou 2, I can wait.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 25, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »
Well with all the talk of alt costumes I'd be ok with ryo getting this

or they could class ryo's alt up and base it off of this:

Of course this is when/if we even get alternate costumes.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 25, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »
Well, Nelson and Luong are probably going to get at least some playtime from most players, including me. As a Jhun player, I hope Luong is a good stance character. And while I like Vanessa and Heavy D! like seemingly everybody else, I very much welcome Nelson in the line of SNK boxers. Love what I see so far, and one of the best designs I've seen for a FG boxer (tire tracks on his gloves). One day will get a good pugilisim team (Vanessa/Heavy D!/Nelson/Michael Max/Rick Stroud/Franco Bash/Axel Hawk/Rob Python - any combination of this will due for me).

Athena's looking ok to me. I definitely got the Frieza vibe from her big fireball too. If we get DLC costumes for the characters, I wonder how many Athena will have.

I think Nelsons boxing style hasn't been seen before in the SNK universe. Being that his stature isn't to big, he relies on speed and technicality to confuse opponents like a swarmer style. I'm aware that we only seen alittle gameplay of him so I could be wrong. The speed of his punches makes me think he is going to have a movelist like Angel or something similar. They showed so much of his movements and they didn't seem chopy at all, his punch attacks were fluid like chain combos. Also having a position switch will lead to confusion especially if his position switch is EX able for plus frames maybe. Anyway he reminds me of Steve fox off tekken.

SNK are off to a good start with two very interesting personalities and let's hope their fight style matches.

@Custle Ryo would benefit alot from having a costume with slightly more flare than his regular GI. That buriki one costume is sweet.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:45:51 AM by shinefist »

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 25, 2016, 12:53:10 PM »
@solidshark you forgot Rob Python from Bukiri One. But then again, everyone forgets Bukiri One.

Micky Rogers from AOF!!! You forget him!!!

...so many boxers...

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 25, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
I have the feeling that SNKP is putting more love and efforts into new characters than in classic ones. Kyo looks terrible, and Andy, Athena, Kim and some others look a bit off. While new characters look pretty well done. That's not fair :/
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 25, 2016, 02:14:09 PM »
I have the feeling that SNKP is putting more love and efforts into new characters than in classic ones. Kyo looks terrible, and Andy, Athena, Kim and some others look a bit off. While new characters look pretty well done. That's not fair :/

I said something like that on a previous post, about snk working more on the new characters than the old, with the old cast they have a reference from past games go draw from.

They are putting alot into this game, new story, 2 bosses, 18 new characters new to kof,  entheses on ballance, new and updated game systems. They can bring out character personality in the story mode.

They are tweaking the colour shaders all the time as it's been seen already. We have to hope the final old cast designs are up to par with what people expect. Personally I like them as they are. I'm more concerned with the gameplay at this point.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 25, 2016, 05:39:50 PM »

Micky Rogers from AOF!!! You forget him!!!

...so many boxers...
And all of us forgot Shishio (King Lion), but then again having some kick attacks and a sword will make folks forget that you're a boxer. lol.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 25, 2016, 10:01:02 PM »
I cannot think of any boxers so this link will help, I'm suprised Nelson has already been added.

http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Boxers

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 26, 2016, 03:17:42 AM »
I know ottomatic conceded already, but I still feel like I have to post this:

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 26, 2016, 03:51:14 AM »
The comparisons will probably wane after she gets more exposure ... if they aren't similar. Maybe she can get red focus as SDM. lol.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 26, 2016, 08:30:41 AM »
There's always been characters that are inspired by some other character, so I don't care that much. I've only played SFIV for five minutes and seen only trailers and pictures of KOF XIV, so I don't even dare to speculate how similar they are going to be.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 26, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »
@marchefelix

The snk version looks better

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 29, 2016, 08:03:46 AM »
So guys, it seems that the flurry of teasers we've gotten this month have all been released exactly within a week of each other (I checked the dates on their Twitter page). I don't know if this is enough to confirm a pattern but I do think it's enough to consider it.

If we get a trailer on the 31st, then I would confidently say that they intend to do weekly reveals from now on. Of course, if we do get another teaser, we probably won't know about it until mere hours before it comes out; that's how it's been for these past couple of teasers.