Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343255 times)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #2025 on: July 18, 2016, 11:52:37 PM »
Alright, was not expecting most of those characters for the demo. I mean Kyo, Iori, and Mai seem kind of obvious, but King of Dinosaurs and that guest character from P4: Arena? I'm really fucking stoked for this demo now. Though I do cry for no Terry. He's the one character I play every KOF (Blue Mary would be the other one if she was in every KOF *sigh*).

Wait there's a guest character from P4? Who is it cause I missed that part completely.
I think he refers to Sylvie.
That is incorrect. I was cracking a joke about Shun'ei. Turn him into an anime sprite and he would fit right into that game.

Actually, SNK should loan them that character. And in return, they could let us have Akihiko in this game and we can just scrap Nelson. Not hating on Nelson, but Akihiko is such a badass.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2026 on: July 18, 2016, 11:55:51 PM »
We have a character section up now. More character sections will be up soon. If you want to help, let me know.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=116.0
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 19, 2016, 12:04:23 AM »
That is incorrect. I was cracking a joke about Shun'ei. Turn him into an anime sprite and he would fit right into that game.

I agree and i also think that pillowkid looks like he belongs in Kingdom Hearts. I think someone from SNK said that a younger member of the development team was allowed to create a new character and thus Shun'ei came about.

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 19, 2016, 12:27:42 AM »
For some reason I though CD only caused a wall splat on counter hit but it always does it. Also I like how the character portrait flashes when you are about to get stunned.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 19, 2016, 03:31:14 AM »
Argh!!! I don't want to have to wait till after work tomorrow to play the demo. I'm all ready fantasizing about what team I'll be playing with first. I think I'll start with King of Dinosaurs(I pray that he has an alt skin as Tizoc at some point), Shun'ei, and Iori.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 19, 2016, 05:19:23 AM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 19, 2016, 08:09:22 AM »
That was entertaining.

Xanadu looked funny, too bad exchibition didn't show potential he has.

Meitenkun was more intresting than I thought. I guess he is charge character taken to the next level.

Mature look like her XIII counterpart, which I'm fine with. Never liked her old school version that much.

Mian seems hard character to use, really short range. Air dashing reminds me of Choi....

Ramon looked fun, I've always liked him.

Zarina seemed fun, excited to try her out. She still farts flowers, but oh well...

Kensou looks more competent than I thought, but never really liked him.

Love Heart's style seemed slightly underwhelming, but I still want to try her out.

Angel seems tricky as usual. Not my cup of tea, but I can see my annoyance levels rising.

Gang-Il seemed to my character more than Kim. He had funny running animation and some jiggle in his muscles.

Alice looked fun, I liked how fumbling animations she had. Annoying voice though. She seems to be rich, considering how much coins she drops.

Geese looks dangerous, considering he now has super counter move. Overall, good and fresh desing.

So the next episode is in early August, so few weeks and we have new episode.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 19, 2016, 11:30:04 AM »
I'm really disapointed with Mai.

Is bad, really bad. People say she's better than in XIII. I disagree. She can connect anything. Nor Advanced Cancels, nor Climax Cancels. She suffered a lot the removal of drive cancel system. She can no longer finish her combos with air grab. It wasn't big thing but it was fun to do it. Musasabi charge can not be canceled anymore in the air. Now is only for escape and is very slow. Ryuenbu's hitboxes are even worst than in XIII, Musasabi Mai in air is useless, bad strings... So, yeah basically Mai is useful for spamm Kachosens and punish jumps with Climax. Nothing more. SNK just didn't put any kind of effort in Mai. Only in her breasts jiggling.

PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: July 19, 2016, 03:39:10 PM »
I understand that you are disappointed at how she works now. But isn't day one of the demo a little early to say she is bad? We have afterall seen people do well with her.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 19, 2016, 04:06:05 PM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 19, 2016, 04:10:12 PM »
Played some demo.

It certainly looked better in person than on video. Good use of color, in action looked smooth and effects looked fantastic. While raw graphical prowess isn't better than SFV, GGXrd or upcoming Tekken 7, style makes up a lot. This might be good thing, PlayStation 4 doesn't have to work that much to push graphics.

Musics sounded good. I've only heard these on videos while usually someone is talking over them. The themes I've heard already trumps over XIII soundtrack in my opinion. So far my favorite is K' team's theme. Might've been television speakers, but I couldn't hear character voices that well.

What about the gameplay? I'm liking the concepts and they certainly require more excecution than you think, but not XIII levels fortunately, I think. I would've liked, if SNK included some combo trials, so I can get some hints what character could do.

Game felt responsive and smoother than XIII. I could actually do the whole tutorial with arcade stick, but that could be because I've played DOA5LR with it, so I'm better with it. XIII was first game I tried stick with :) Jump in attacks felt easier to do compared previous entries, so maybe timings aren't so strict?

Some UI things could be better though. Getting to command list was kinda hassle. It usually has been Select button, but PS4 has Share button instead of that :( Now I have to press start, select command list, then slect character I want to look at and then go back. Touch pad reset was nice though. I'd like if I could select three characters for training mode and switch between them, so I don't have to spend so much time on menus, but that's exclusive to 2003 and XI sadly.

Overall, game felt promising. I can see me spending time learning stuff and maybe even playing against real people. I hope there's lots of unlockables and that netcode is good. Promised online features sound good on paper, so I hope SNK can deliver.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 19, 2016, 04:18:58 PM »
I can't practice meaty set-ups with 1-guard-jump in this game. The cpu now auto-guard in standing and crouch position when it is set to 1 guard-jump.

Anyone else noticed the KOF XIII Menu background as the KOF XIV random stage select image?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:38:28 PM by Amedø310 »

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 19, 2016, 05:55:00 PM »
How to download the 7-character demo? D=

EDIT: Nevermind.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:14:08 PM by YoungsterYasakani »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 19, 2016, 06:26:16 PM »
I understand that you are disappointed at how she works now. But isn't day one of the demo a little early to say she is bad? We have afterall seen people do well with her.

Maybe you are right. Is a first impression. Now i have to get used to this new Mai and try to be effective with what she has, but to resume my first impression: Mai was better in XIII and I always thought that in XIII she was pretty bad. Of course, if you are a good KOF player, you can be a pain in the ass with Mai or any other character you play. I guess i just have to stop getting obsessed with combos and play her in a more bitching/zonner way.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 19, 2016, 07:48:29 PM »
https://youtu.be/0qT-Hc2SuW0

Team China trailer. That came out of nowhere.