Author Topic: Top 5 kof 13 players of all time..  (Read 11681 times)

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Top 5 kof 13 players of all time..
« on: September 22, 2015, 06:49:46 AM »
As kof 13 is near the end of time with kof 14 just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to have a healthy discussion about who the top 5 kof 13 players are of all time..
Its only for a bit of fun and banter..

Top 5 in no order:

MADKOF - has won 4 international tournaments.

1st - EVO 2012 (Not only did he had to come from Losers but he also had to over come the rowdy crowd who were clearly against him)
1st - Seasons Beatings 2012
1st - WGC 2013
1st - Canada Cup 2013
1st - Yacheng Cup 4 (Literally Owning EVO champ XiaoHai)

Also in 2013 Korea and Japan had a 5 v 5, Madkof came to the table with Korea down 4-1. He won 4 straight to win it for Korea 5-4, defeating some of Japan's best in the process ^^

BALA - In 2012 he was virtually unstopable ^^.

2nd - EVO 2012
1st - MLG Columbus 2012
1st - MLG Anaheim 2012
1st - SCR 2011
1st - King of fridays @ UCI 1.1 (Not a big tournament, added for the fact that Bala came from losers to defeat MrKOF 6-0)
1st - FINAL ROUND XV
1st - CEO 2012
1st - ATLUS Fighting Championships
1st - NEC 13
1st - THE KOF CHALLENGE (Bala had to come from losers, and in Grand finals was 0-2 down after 2 OCVs)
1st - COLISEO Versus 2
1st - REVO 2K
1st - International Video Games Cup 2014
1st - FURIA TICA 2014
1st - GAMECON 2014

TOKIDO - The Murderface has proven himself to be the most clutch KOF player of all time ^^.

2nd - EVO 2014 (In Losers he manages to reset the bracket)
1st - IGT 2014 (In Losers he was 0-2 down and 2 characters down against FOX. He followed that up in Grand Finals with 2 Reversed OCVs in the first 2 games, on his way to a 6-0 over ET)
1st - Treta Armageddon 2012 (Grand Finals against Kléber Yagami was hype)
1st - CROSS COUNTER ASIA 2012
1st - Da Ultimate Crushing 2k13
1st - April Duels II
1st - Northwest Majors VI
1st - SEAM 2K14
1st - Hypespotting 4
1st - STUNFEST 2015 (Defeating the player of the moment Misterio)

XIAO HAI - Possibly the GREATEST KOF Player of all Time ^^.

1st - EVO 2014 (Defeating the Hottest player of the moment TOKIDO)
1st - EVO 2015 (He had to come from Losers to defeat 4 kof champions)
2nd - IGT 2015 (Narrowly losing 3-2 to MISTERIO)
1st - Shadowloo Showdown 2k12
1st - Cannes Winter Clash 2015
1st - FINALROUND XVIII

MISTERIO - The Money Match King ^^.

7th - EVO 2014
1st - IGT 2015 (Defeating the Evo champ 3-2 with a OCV)
1st - Treta Aftermath 2013
1st - Maligno Tournament (In Grand Finals won 3-2 coming from 0-2, but he was in Winners)
1st - MALIGNO CUP 2014
1st - VGM TEC 2014
1st - U.A.F.G (UnionArgentinaFightingGames) (MISTERIO won game 2 in Grand finals reset with 100% full health, lol)
1st - Torneo Fighter 2.1
1st - Meliblipa's Tournament - Endieciochado 2014
1st - Gamerbyte.cl Tournament
1st - Lonestar Admonition II
1st - DKSE 2015

Why is he Money Match King? check out some of his best results below:

10-6     XiaoHai        (Double EVO Champion)
10-8     Tokido        (IGT 2015 Champion)
10-0     Khannibalito  (SCR 2014 Champion and 2nd at EVO 2015)
10-0     Lacid           (Cafeid WE LOVE KOF Champion and 5th at EVO 2012)
10-0     Frionel        (Game of Rhône Champion)
15-7     Reynald        (EVO 2013 Champion)
15-12  ET           (The KOF Challenge II Champion)
10-7     Luis Cha        (NEC VX Champion) - Misterio started the set 0-6
10-2     WHIP        (Torneo de Fin Da Ano Champion)
10-0    VFM Ichisim  (Top player in Morocco)
10-0     FOX        (Shoryugame Champion and 7th EVO 2013)
10-1     Tom Saywer  (Top player in France)
10-1     Freezer        (Top player in Morocco)
10-1     MAO        (Top player in Japan)
10-4     Tinty           (top player in Argentina)
10-2     Ssong        (Top player in Korea)
10-2     Canno        (Top player in Argentina)
6-0     Realkim        (KIM expert)
6-0     Mario E        (Frosty Faustings VI Champion)
6-1     Pedro        (KingsofCO leader)
5-0     Verna        (3rd EVO 2012 and 7th EVO 2013)
5-1     777           (The KIM Master)
5-1     Chriskof       (NCR 2012 Champion and 5th EVO 2015)
5-2     SangeTencho(Leona Master)
5-0     Salim        (Stunfest 2014 Champion)
5-0     Atma        (Strong player from UK)
5-0     LaziFredy        (Dreamcancel mod)

So theres my Top 5.. It was actually a TOSS UP between Reynald and Misterio.. both deserve that top 5.
But because Misterio won the money match 15-7 I edged it to Misterio.. but truthfully Reynald prob would be in it.

Knocking on the door of the top 5 would be Kula.. I think he is very very strong player, but is unproven internationally, which is why he cannot be in it..
But Mexico-wise he is clearly in a league of his own at the moment..

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 kof 13 players of all time..
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 01:42:12 PM »
None of those players except maybe Madkof. You just basically picked popular household names that went to Evo. Kof has many many international players BUT the game is not big enough for companies to want to sponsor players. The result is that almost none of the best players are able to actually attend tournaments outside of their own country, due to large travel costs and low tournament prizes.

My top 5 kof13 players in no particular order:

Madkof, Koukou, Haregoro, Picnic, Tenkawa...it's hard to choose because there are many other strong players. Madkof might not even be top 5, as good as he is. Woo is a toss up, as well as Kaoru...and possibly Misterio can be added in there, he is much stronger than I anticipated.

As much as I love Tokido, you have to realize that he hadn't played kof for very long - he was getting trained by the true grandmasters in Japan, players like Dune, Koukou, Haregoro, etc. It's hard to call him top 5 because of that.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:49:26 PM by Emil_kof »

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 02:52:23 AM »
Dude, who cares? This is his list, make your own.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 05:59:23 PM »
Dude, who cares? This is his list, make your own.

He did give his own personal top 5 in his post:

Madkof, Koukou, Haregoro, Picnic, Tenkawa...
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »
Ah ok, I didn't see that. I haven't seen the latest KOF XIII Nishinippori videos, so I didn't see them. Haregoro is... ok. Misterio is definitely one of my choice favorites.

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 02:56:01 AM »
No I wasnt asking for a top 5.

The list I gave is who I think ARE THE BEST 5 EVER..

And its up to u guys to debate it and agree to disagree, lol

Emil_kof : U say I pick popular house hold names, but it just so happens that these
house hold names win competitions..

u say "Kof has many many international players BUT the game is not big enough
for companies to want to sponsor players. The result is that almost none of the
best players are able to actually attend tournaments outside of their own country,
due to large travel costs and low tournament prizes"

Yes kof has many good international players, but not good enough to be in a Top 5 of all time.

U say "Madkof, Koukou, Haregoro, Picnic, Tenkawa...it's hard to choose because there
are many other strong players. Madkof might not even be top 5,
as good as he is. Woo is a toss up, as well as Kaoru...and possibly Misterio
can be added in there, he is much stronger than I anticipated."

KouKou - Very good player, no question the best KIM in existence.. but take Kim out and
he becomes not as strong..
Entered Evo 2013 and failed to get into Top 8, Entered IGT 2014 and lost to Tokido,
entered a Tournament in France and finished 4th I believe.

Haregore - Another very good player, best Joe no doubt, but again prob relies on Joe to much,
take him out and he's pretty much done..
Entered Evo 2013 and didnt make Top 8 entered IGT 2015 and lost 3-0 to Xiaohai in the first round.
Had a Money match before IGT with Misterio first to 3, and lost 3-0..

Woo - A very good player very solid, and getting 2nd at EVO 2013 is no fluke.. but lets be
honest.. he should have won it.. Up 2-0 in Grand finals in the winners side, and he goes
and loses 6 games in a row.. this means he panicked, didnt have the winning mentality
to get over the line. Placed 5th in Evo 2014 losing to Tokido, and entered IGT 2015
but didnt get into top 4..

Picnic and Tenkawa I dont really know much about, so I wont comment..

U say "As much as I love Tokido, you have to realize that he hadn't played kof for very
long - he was getting trained by the true grandmasters in Japan, players like Dune,
 Koukou, Haregoro, etc. It's hard to call him top 5 because of that."

Kof 13 came out in console at the end of 2011, I know Tokido was playing it in 2012, and has
been playing ever since so not sure where u getting ur info from?
Yes he was trained by the best in Japan, and u know wot, he got better than them..

To be known as a great u have to go outside ur comfort ZONE and prove u can WIN..

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 01:52:24 AM »
Emil_kof : U say I pick popular house hold names, but it just so happens that these
house hold names win competitions..

The question is, WHICH competitions.

Quote from: KLSADAKO
KouKou - Very good player, no question the best KIM in existence.. but take Kim out and
he becomes not as strong..
Entered Evo 2013 and failed to get into Top 8, Entered IGT 2014 and lost to Tokido,
entered a Tournament in France and finished 4th I believe.

Well like I said, you are just listing results of popular tournaments while completely disregarding what happens in Japan, where there is the highest concentration of top kof13 players. Koukou also has probably the best Claw Iori and one of the best Mr Karates.

Haregore - Another very good player, best Joe no doubt, but again prob relies on Joe to much, take him out and he's pretty much done..
Entered Evo 2013 and didnt make Top 8 entered IGT 2015 and lost 3-0 to Xiaohai in the first round.
Had a Money match before IGT with Misterio first to 3, and lost 3-0..

Haregoro is actually considered the best Shen and one of the best Hwajai.

Woo - A very good player very solid, and getting 2nd at EVO 2013 is no fluke.. but lets be
honest.. he should have won it.. Up 2-0 in Grand finals in the winners side, and he goes
and loses 6 games in a row.. this means he panicked, didnt have the winning mentality
to get over the line. Placed 5th in Evo 2014 losing to Tokido, and entered IGT 2015
but didnt get into top 4..

The winning mentality...it was his first time outside of Japan. The crowd was against him. Yes perhaps he panicked, it makes sense why. Reynald himself knows Woo is better than him.

Kof 13 came out in console at the end of 2011, I know Tokido was playing it in 2012, and has
been playing ever since so not sure where u getting ur info from?
Yes he was trained by the best in Japan, and u know wot, he got better than them..

Tokido's level increased dramatically and he's a top player now but no he didn't get better than them. He's about same level, maybe below.

Anyway your results are missing multiple japanese tournaments that have the biggest concentration of top players. when multiple korean teams went to V-1 Finals, KCE Cup, they got top 4, top 8, etc. Team cafeid were not even able to qualify for the duelling the kof final tournament because, they got taken out by Kyappu/Ponzaman/Akira. You are missing the duelling the kof results, the most stacked kof tournament in the world.

Tournament results the way you are using them, can be very misleading. Depending on who players run into, they can get really poor tournament results like last place, but it's not really accurate to evaluate that placing without looking at who they ran into. For example, Koukou finishing 4th at Stunfest...he lost to frionel (not sure how this happened...frionel has stated many times that Koukou is on a much higher level than him) and then lost to Kyabetsu (Japanese player that ended up winning stunfest...who I also don't think is as  strong as Koukou). Tournament results aren't really as indicative of overall level of players. Daigo is considered by almost everyone to be the best SF4 player in the world and his results are all over the place. If we looked at his tournament results, we can say he isn't top 5.

I'm sorry but if you don't know who players like Picnic, Tenkawa, Rinomoto, etc are, then you aren't aware of the kof13 top players. Just so you know, Tenkawa got I think, 10+ win streak against team cafeid(which included three wins against madkof). Shoki got a 9 win streak against team korea in the korea vs japan team tournament. These players are absolute monsters, they just don't travel and they shouldn't even have to. The arcade competition in Japan is extreme, far beyond going to a tournament in US or France.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:16:15 AM by Emil_kof »

kessy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »
Dude, who cares? This is his list, make your own. tank trouble
Don't you share your list with us?