Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323438 times)

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #450 on: August 10, 2011, 01:49:56 AM »
Anyone want to come over for one of my mini-sessions? Will host KOF2002UM, KOF98UM, Garou, KOFXI, and Real Bout 2.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 10, 2011, 02:21:04 AM »
Yeah I definitely don't know when I can punish Iori's specials so I'll put some work into that. I'll figure some stuff out tomorrow since I plan to head to the arcade.

For Clark I definitely should hit more buttons. My Raiden faired a lot better since I was forcing him to block a lot of st/d C's. I'll try more poking with st.D and st.C when I'm using Shen. More careful poking can't really hurt me either. I also need to remember to start doing qcf+C cancels after a blocked target combo.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 10, 2011, 03:12:16 AM »
For Clark I definitely should hit more buttons. My Raiden faired a lot better since I was forcing him to block a lot of st/d C's. I'll try more poking with st.D and st.C when I'm using Shen. More careful poking can't really hurt me either. I also need to remember to start doing qcf+C cancels after a blocked target combo.

Been trying to do that on blocked combos with Terry. My mind just does not process it fast enough yet to do it when I'm supposed to. You did really good this week and soon you'll be hitting top 3 all the time!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 10, 2011, 04:45:57 AM »
Yeah for sure. I made sure not to underestimate anyone and to play my seriously lame style against everyone regardless of whether or not i know i could beat them. I gotta work on that Iori and Clark match. Clark is more specific to reading the high low pattern that Charles likes to do though. I'll just get Charles to spam Iori's moves and see what I can punish with next time we're both there.

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 10, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »
I just watched your match with Charex.  First of all, Charex is a strong player

I don't know man, I think you're overestimating my skills. If you watch my match against Geo, he made me look like a joke.

I'll just get Charles to spam Iori's moves and see what I can punish with next time we're both there.

I'll be at SF State this Saturday to take a test. We can practice there if you want but I don't know if the arcade is open since it was close last (whole) Saturday.
Undefeated online KOF player.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 10, 2011, 07:43:25 AM »
I just watched your match with Charex.  First of all, Charex is a strong player

I don't know man, I think you're overestimating my skills. If you watch my match against Geo, he made me look like a joke.

I think you're underestimating your abilities. I know I've ever seen anyone play like Geovanni. You're learning how to beat someone you've probably never had experience with. You do very well with analyzing and exploiting weaknesses, but it's not easy to stop Geo when he's playing.

Once you can do the same thing you do with other players, analyze and exploit his weaknesses, you'll do much better against him. I sat patiently and watched the entire tournament, I wrote down the results. You were developing your own way of exploiting his weaknesses by jumping a lot. It's not like he can combo you if you're in the air. Humility is good, but he's not a terrible player and neither are you. I really feel the greatest problem in fighting Geovanni is getting in for the damage.  Trading with his hops with jabs is cool and all, blocking his combos are also nice, but it's punishing him for it and getting those important strings in. You might even consider changing your order and picking up a serious HD combo, Rex. If you can capitalize on the openings he has and do an HD combo, you'll get rid of the character no problem. You want to just make every combo you get in hurt or every counter worthwhile.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 10, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »
Hey, everyone!!

I'm seriously considering opening up an arcade in Cupertino.  It'd be a pay for the hour type thing with XBOX 360s and HDTVs.  I'd have all the current FGs and streaming there.  Eventually in a year or more when KoF XIV comes out I will buy the cabinet day one.  Is this sounding good to anyone??  I just wanna see overall interest.

Thanks!!

cupertino probably has a good number of closet players, but it's also close enough to both sj and the peninsula to attract people that live there.

i'd try to get it as close to de anza as possible.

THANKS, MAN!!  Yeah, I want it to be in the Cupertino Marketplace (across from Vallco mall) so it'd be a hop, skip, and a jump away from De Anza!!

EDIT: There is now a Facebook group about it!! http://www.facebook.com/groups/257792427573245/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:18:34 PM by JTSNOW6 »

tsubasa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 11, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »
Hi guys.  A few of you know me.  I was at the second XIII ranbat at Southtown.  I'll probably go to more, but in the meantime, something piqued my interest.

I'm seriously considering opening up an arcade in Cupertino.  It'd be a pay for the hour type thing with XBOX 360s and HDTVs.  I'd have all the current FGs and streaming there.  Eventually in a year or more when KoF XIV comes out I will buy the cabinet day one.  Is this sounding good to anyone??  I just wanna see overall interest.

I'm interested in this.  If you can get this off the ground, I would definitely head out there.  I live in SJ, so it'd be nice to have a place to go that's not all the way up the peninsula.

Would you be cool with hosting a few tourneys there for games that are not the hottest current FGs?  I am involved in the NorCal Melty Blood/Guilty Gear/Arcana Heart/Blazblue communities and it is possible that we might need a venue for some tourneys in the future.

As it is each setup will cost around $700 (21-23" Acer HDTV, $200 4GB XBOX 360, and two fightsticks).  I already have two consoles and fightsticks so I'd only have to add six TVs and four systems.

I know 360s are way cheaper, but I think you should probably consider picking up a PS3 or two while you're at it.  There are some games that people prefer to play on PS3 for one reason or another.  The two biggest ones I can think of are T6 and BB.  It also just makes your setups more accessible to everyone.  I know people who only have PS3 sticks.

Oh, and we need more rhythm game places, but that's not important.

I'm gonna recommend not going the music game route.  SVGL has that on lock in NorCal and they're literally 10 mins away from the proposed location.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2011, 02:53:51 AM »
DUDE!!!!!!  OF COURSE I'D BE DOWN TO HOST TOURNEYS OF SMALLER FIGHTING GAMES!!!!!!  I FRICKEN LOVE BLAZBLUE, AM DOWN TO GET INTO ARCANA, AND WHEN I PLAYED MELTY BLOOD I FRICKEN LOVED USING NERO (don't know how to spell it correctly since it's like Njszxfr lol) CHAOS!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice about the PS3s btw, I have one that would be there and I'd definitely spring for another one or MAAAYBE two to accommodate people's preferences (and also have multiple NeoGeo station setups perhaps :) )

I'll definitely be keeping you posted on the journey of getting this started!!  As of now the people of Cupertino Marketplace have given me a floor plan and I have let them know that I am interested in starting an arcade there.  If you could help out and join the Facebook group and vote / bump my post on SRK's Pacific North regional matchmaking, that'd be swell too!!  This way I can get someone to invest in this.

Kaori Manabe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 12, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »
i dunno who i was playing today, ggs though i wish i could get to southtown easier

arcade in Cupertino sounds hella good i go to school there, ill look @ that facebook thing

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 12, 2011, 06:00:30 PM »
At least I'm here for sometime, but yeah I wanna know which arcade location in Cupertino has KOFXIII cabinet.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2011, 10:03:25 PM »
SWEET, KAORI, THANKS!!!!!!

And Gamerboy, there isn't an arcade with KoF XIII YET, but there will be!! ;)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 13, 2011, 09:14:53 AM »
Lot of good games today at Southtown Arcade. Haunts and RogerDodger came in today and did really good. What took the cake is Fixel's gameplay. Everyone is getting better really fast.

I definitely need to do so too.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 15, 2011, 11:13:36 PM »
urgh I'm a hermit from real life this week so I'll be in Wednesday up until the ranbat.

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 16, 2011, 12:07:40 AM »
Hiya,

Little question for you.
I am visiting SF for 10 days and was wondering when is the best time to pop in the arcade and play some KoF XIII players?

:-)
Thanks