Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323643 times)

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #540 on: September 06, 2011, 04:44:35 AM »
Fixel: I like your Shen setups and keep working on that Takuma man, I think it's safe to say we'll see you in the grand finals real soon!GG and very entertaining as usual.

Thanks man, I've been trying out the proper Shen mid-screen combo you mentioned, but still not comfortable enough to use it in the tourney yet because I kept missing the qcf+D, pause, qcb+A juggle, I really need to work on the timing, any tips?

But yea, it's great to see these guys are progressing quickly. I hope we can catch up with you guys in a few months to come. GGs to everyone who played this week!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 06, 2011, 05:01:56 AM »
Fixel: I like your Shen setups and keep working on that Takuma man, I think it's safe to say we'll see you in the grand finals real soon!GG and very entertaining as usual.

Thanks man, I've been trying out the proper Shen mid-screen combo you mentioned, but still not comfortable enough to use it in the tourney yet because I kept missing the qcf+D, pause, qcb+A juggle, I really need to work on the timing, any tips?

But yea, it's great to see these guys are progressing quickly. I hope we can catch up with you guys in a few months to come. GGs to everyone who played this week!

Isaiah does it in the first post stream/tourney video that n4us posted IIRC.  There's no real trick to it but practice: I cancel the qcf D fast as possible, then I pause for half a sec then go for the hammer...

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 06, 2011, 05:07:39 AM »
Current results this week for Southtown Arcade Ranking battles Summer Season.

September 4th Ranking Battles:
1. BBZ (Elizabeth, Shen, K'): 10
2. Jose (Iori, Robert, Terry): 7
3. Fixel (Ryo, Shen, Ralf): 5
4. Fatacon (Duolon, King, Leona, Andy): 3
5. DemoNinja (Kyo, Andy, Kula): 2
5. Christian (Yuri, Kula, Athena): 2
7. Haunts (K', Kyo, Kim): 1
7. RogerDodger (Shen, Mai, Kim): 1

Current Standings:
1. Geo.YUC = 30
2. CharREX = 14
2. Isaiah = 14
4. Fixel= 13
5. Fatacon = 11
6. CMD.DUC = 10
6. BBZ = 10
6. DemoNinja = 10
9. Renzo = 8
10. Kane317 = 7
11. Reiki = 4
12. Hotpockets = 3
12. Haunts = 3
14. Paul = 2
14. Christian = 2
14. 4leaf = 2
14. N4US = 2
18. D' = 1
18. TastyLumpia = 1
18. RogerDodger = 1

Next week is the last ranking battle of the season. After that, Fall season begins.

I'll post a new thread in the tournament section next week. The pot will decrease, but so will the entry fee to $5.

The RanBat seemed very interesting!
I was especially following Jose as he is the player I did few games during my trip in SF.

When is the fall season starting by the way?
I just hope I won't miss too many sessions before I am in the area...

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 06, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »
We have a double week. One this sunday and the sunday after that which starts a new season
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:59:59 AM by Reiki.Kito »

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 06, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »
We have a double week. One this sunday and the sunday after that which starts a new season

You are killing me.
I gonna miss half the season lol.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:34:07 PM by MichelS »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 06, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
Hey, thanks for the compliment Kane! I definitely feel like Raiden is starting to actually hold me back considering I have not played him during casuals at all. I'm also not as patient as I need to be to play him. That's partially why I stuck with the team I used through out the tournament. I don't see me going back to using Raiden anytime soon considering how many characters I want to try out.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 06, 2011, 04:45:53 PM »
Well, hello again,  Norcal. Due to some epic BS in my life atm, I'm coming back to California to fix somethings. During my time there, I'm going back to STA, to get my mind off somethings. I'll show up Thursday which is the day I hope to arrive in Cali. If not, I hit the place Friday and Saturday at some time.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 06, 2011, 06:52:50 PM »

You are killing me.
I gonna miss half the season lol.

No no, that's not what I meant. What I am trying to say is that the summer season is ending next week. We're going to start a NEW koF season the week after. You're most likely going to miss 2-3 sessions, but it's a constant stream of tournaments. We're likely to have tournaments going on as long as there are participants and interest :-)

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 08, 2011, 01:15:25 AM »
Looks like I won't be able to attend any future events. Life has inconveniently decided that for me. I'll continue to support from the stream chat though, so keep putting on a good show!

I'd like to commend NorCal for their XIII scene. To be honest, before moving back up here, I was very hesitant and even doubtful that people would show up. However, on a continual basis, people have been showing up to ranbats and even at the latest tournaments, we continue to see new faces. Whatever people say about your skill level, it's to be expected. You guys haven't had the game that long, and those who haven't played it are just yelling from the sidelines. It doesn't mean you guys haven't been improving. Looking forward to seeing continual improvement, console release and beyond. Overall, you guys are a friendly community and thanks for allowing me to be involved with commentary and participating. Hope to see some of you in the future.

Shoutouts to SouthTown Arcade, IPW, Haunts, and RogerDodger for helping us put the game out there and giving NorCal KOF a proverbial home. Keep rockin' it guys.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 08, 2011, 02:53:17 AM »
FataCon Rules!!!!!!
" you fight well in the old style"

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 08, 2011, 04:37:13 AM »
Looks like I won't be able to attend any future events. Life has inconveniently decided that for me. I'll continue to support from the stream chat though, so keep putting on a good show!

I'd like to commend NorCal for their XIII scene. To be honest, before moving back up here, I was very hesitant and even doubtful that people would show up. However, on a continual basis, people have been showing up to ranbats and even at the latest tournaments, we continue to see new faces. Whatever people say about your skill level, it's to be expected. You guys haven't had the game that long, and those who haven't played it are just yelling from the sidelines. It doesn't mean you guys haven't been improving. Looking forward to seeing continual improvement, console release and beyond. Overall, you guys are a friendly community and thanks for allowing me to be involved with commentary and participating. Hope to see some of you in the future.

Shoutouts to SouthTown Arcade, IPW, Haunts, and RogerDodger for helping us put the game out there and giving NorCal KOF a proverbial home. Keep rockin' it guys.

Dude.... :( for real? Who's gonna bust my balls now?!

Kidding aside, you were one of the best co-commentators I've ever had and while my career in the field is still pretty new it's just not gonna be the same without you. Hopefully you run across our path sometime in the future man.

Sidenote: GGs to Fixel Jose and Gio today.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 08, 2011, 04:46:32 AM »
I hope Chris been winning or he might drown himself in alcohol. Good luck to whatever you're doing FC.

I maybe will go this Sunday. I have family stuff over the weekend, but I'm looking forward to doing fraudulent real drive combos.

EDIT: '98 Iori and Saiki look sick. Glad that Saiki isn't charge like Ash. I hope one of them is broken so I can replace Raiden.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:52:58 AM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 08, 2011, 09:06:59 AM »

Awww really? that sucks, I didn't even get the chance to fight you last week, anyway good luck in everything you do man! and Good job on commentating for the last few weeks.

Sidenote: HotPockets is not free today. he did a great job beating Geo and Jose this afternoon, too bad I didn't record those matches.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 08, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »
Too bad I am ;-;

I've also found out something pretty funny. Off of a counter hit in the air, Maxima can do some really silly stuff. For example, if I hit someone on counterhit, I can do his DP+k air grab (M19 Blitz Cannon). That's about 20-25% from just an anti-air. Even a counterhit standing A I can do it. If I counterhit blowback in the air, I can still do it.

It's pretty dumb what he can do with this move.

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 08, 2011, 04:56:58 PM »
Sidenote: HotPockets is not free today. he did a great job beating Geo and Jose this afternoon, too bad I didn't record those matches.

Should've recorded, it's like a bigfoot sighting.
twitter @tasty_lumpia