Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323424 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #1080 on: December 05, 2012, 10:32:47 AM »
Dragon Lounge is done at a bar every Monday, 21st Avenue and Taraval in San Francisco.

Starbase has 5 dollar freeplay on Wednesdays in San Rafael.

You've got Takedown Tuesdays looking in the Concord area to do KOF tournaments and MADE Fight Nights in Oakland on the same day.

Hellpockets is looking to do some event at his place, but dunno when he'll do it or when it starts.

I'm up for company after 8PM at my place in SF. So again, there are places to play, but I really don't see people going to the trouble of consistently showing their faces. If we're gonna keep KOF running, we got to show up in force. I know, a lot of the time that's inconvenient or (For most new peeps) they don't like "donating" to top players in tournies. We don't have to run tournies! We could do single character mode Danisen Ranbats, we could do combo challenges, there's lots we can do.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 05, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »
I'm gonna be in Norcal from Dec 27th to Jan 2nd. let's get some games in

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 16, 2012, 07:45:50 AM »
Hey NorCal, if you guys are down, David Kong is in San Jose til Thursday so he wanna get some games in. So please hit him up!

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 16, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
Lets make the most out of it since you guys are only here for such a short time! If u guys need another set up i might be able to bring mine

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 19, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
Hey guys, i know ive said a few times before and havent, but im really tryin to start makin it out there sometime soon. Is wednesday at Starbase the best time to play ($5 8pm-1am? or does that end up as $10?)

What other places are consistent? Reiki mentioned Dragon Lounge, is it 21+ since its at a bar? =x

Someone mentioned gamecenter as well. Is that in Sacramento?

Just meeting up at somebodys place sounds pretty chill too... Im really just trying to show up for casual matches, just have some fun n meet people, train.

I also have a setup too if needed (DLC chars, typical ASUS monitor)

But yeah im pretty sure im the farthest away of all the NorCal players (way up north)... I have a car but its still gonna be pretty rough for me gettin out there n back...

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 20, 2012, 05:47:44 AM »
Nothing's changed at Starbase.

We're working on getting Friday sessions going at GameCenter or someone's place. I'm still up for games any time after 8PM.

Dragon Lounge is a bar and is 21+, but we're looking to do something kind of like DL at a Quickly's or something to make it more free range.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1086 on: December 20, 2012, 08:22:10 PM »
milk tea and KoF? Sick.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 21, 2012, 05:21:53 AM »
For extended casual sessions we're trying to get more KOF players at the Freedomonia meets in El Cerrito.

And when I get back from WA and after SCR I'll probably hit up GC as much as I can for KOF. THat place is great and it needs as much support as it can get.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 21, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »
Could you give me a head count of who you are intending to bring to GC? I want atleast 5 consistent players before I go back to the owner of that arcade and ask for a slot. We have space during GC's Midnight Run with Persona 4 Arena. However, I can't guarantee a suitable amount aside from MAYBE 3 players from SF. If you guys want to do this consistently, just gimme an idea of who and how many.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 26, 2012, 09:04:24 AM »
Hey NorCal, what's up!

I'm trying to get in touch with anyone in the area interested in getting into the rookie tournament. This is open for all unranked players. What that means is if you've never made top 5 at any local tournament or top 16 at any major, you're eligible.

The prize pot is $100+ and the location is Milpitas Golfland. Looking forward to seeing people show up!

Judgemastar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 26, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »
Hey NorCal, what's up!

I'm trying to get in touch with anyone in the area interested in getting into the rookie tournament. This is open for all unranked players. What that means is if you've never made top 5 at any local tournament or top 16 at any major, you're eligible.

The prize pot is $100+ and the location is Milpitas Golfland. Looking forward to seeing people show up!
Date? Time? Entry fee? More info!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 26, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2753.0
Event is up in the Upcoming Tournament section, but the above is a link to the thread.

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 26, 2012, 11:10:11 PM »
There's no way I'm missing this tourney especially since I live so close, so be sure to count me in if you haven't already

Darkguyver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
New to KOF Murphys/Angels Camp/Stockton/Sacramento
« Reply #1093 on: December 27, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
Hello,
I am new to KOF XIII and searching for other KOF XIII players. I live in Forest Meadows/Murphys, CA and may be able to travel to Stockton or Sacramento although it would be nice to find other players closer to home. I am looking forward to joining and meeting people from the KOF XIII fighting community.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 27, 2012, 11:39:44 AM »
Sacramento is pretty far out, close to Davis and maybe even Fairfield. RAMnation's the closest venue of KoF players I know, you'd be best looking at them. In Modesto, which is pretty close to Sacramento, you have Laban, Walkman, and Senor Luiz who are players in that general area.