Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Arcade Version)  (Read 42282 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: Hwa Jai
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2011, 01:00:32 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, that combo only worked in v1.1 if activated Drink Pink DM first.

Cool, (better late than never!) so I wonder if this means he's even BETTER under the Drink Pink now, of if they've just adjusted some conditions?

Really hope the SNKP blog goes into a changelog at some point; while I love discovering things on my own, I also enjoy getting to see the developers reasoning behind their decisions.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2011, 06:15:47 AM »
Thank you for the pics SAB! hope to see you at evo this coming year for hwa mirrors :P

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »
Haha, you're the second to suggest I come to Evo next year... Crossing the entire US, SURE, why not! ;) Hope to make the battle come true!

----

Vid in question: http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/4CcrRVONyVsD

On the Day 4 Gamescon stream, at 4 hours, 43 min, 23 seconds in (04:43:27), Frionel starts unleashing some pretty solid console Hwas style gameplay! There's some decent stuff a match back as well, but he really starts showing off the varieties of Dragon Breaker (such as using the ;c variety's invincibility to go right through King's Venom Strike), and the safer rushdown, at this point.

Quite a joy to watch!

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2011, 12:53:17 AM »
Does Hwa Jai have a corner HD combo that doesn't require dashing in it and leaves him in the corner at the end so he can get a neo max for the full hit?

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »
Does Hwa Jai have a corner HD combo that doesn't require dashing in it and leaves him in the corner at the end so he can get a neo max for the full hit?

i doubt it only cause on almost ever move he has he really gets pushed back on hit but on the other hand i havnt really experimented with using HD

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2011, 03:31:07 AM »
i dont know if its just me but i think hwa is really lacking he dosnt seem to have a real safe bnb on block during the  df B to qcb C i keep gettin a uppercut on his start up with qcb C

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2011, 03:32:46 AM »
Well...at least in a couple of months we get a safe blockstring...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 03:36:18 AM »
Well...at least in a couple of months we get a safe blockstring...

they gave him a chain combo or something

Hwa Jai
- All frames on Drink super have been changed (apparently, its recovery is faster)
* Ground CD has changed. Moves forward and has invincibility to low attacks
* Fierce Dragon Tail has faster recovery; can be connected to a normal move after it hits
* Weak Dragon Backbreaker is now a 1F throw instead of a leaping throw
- Weak Dragon Tail comes out faster and connects from a fierce
- EX Air Dragon Kick now hits 3 times like its ground version and does 154 damage.
- EX Dragon Tail chips less guard meter

dont kno if there are any hwa players here but i do have to say he has some really good buffs and i kno his dragon tail should be better the joes
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:46:36 AM by bigvador »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2011, 06:27:35 AM »
Fist page has been updated with the console changes.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2011, 07:05:40 AM »
Could D Dragon Tail always cross up on crouchers?  I just noticed it on the stream for the console version and that was just straight filthy (especially since now we can do a combo afterwards).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2011, 08:21:02 PM »
Could D Dragon Tail always cross up on crouchers?  I just noticed it on the stream for the console version and that was just straight filthy (especially since now we can do a combo afterwards).
u was always able 2 cross up with that its just hard 2 pull off

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »
Hwa can just be straight scary now.  Actual block strings, and then frame traps into free combos with D Dragon Tail or just walk up and A Dragon Backbreaker.  Only one that can scare me more right now is Saiki.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2011, 12:40:19 AM »
yea now hes scary in console but in arcade he wasnt solid no good blockstring the frame trap 4 his air dragon tail was hard to time and u wasnt able 2 relie on that much with him

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2011, 01:07:11 AM »
I'm quite looking forward to unleashing him on consoles. Combos into Drink Pink are too awesome! Wonder if he can Drink.P into Dragon Breaker somehow... it's final hit damage increase is quite meaty.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2011, 01:15:49 AM »
Uh...idk how you'd go from Drink Pink into Dragon Backbreaker...any ideas on how that would work?