Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Arcade Version)  (Read 41944 times)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 03:21:29 PM »
He does look fun, I might even give him a go too.  Shame there's not third drinking character or else I'd have a drinking team. =)
You're in luck! There's even a special ending for a Chin / Hwa / King team. The Master Guide even calls it the Alcohol Team.

It's a small detail, but Drink Pink also changes Hwa's idle animation. He starts lolling his tongue out as some liquid drips down his chin. One of his alternates makes this liquid blood-red, and it seriously makes Hwa look like someone Yamazaki would be scared of.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 10:08:45 PM »
He does look fun, I might even give him a go too.  Shame there's not third drinking character or else I'd have a drinking team. =)
You're in luck! There's even a special ending for a Chin / Hwa / King team. The Master Guide even calls it the Alcohol Team.

It's a small detail, but Drink Pink also changes Hwa's idle animation. He starts lolling his tongue out as some liquid drips down his chin. One of his alternates makes this liquid blood-red, and it seriously makes Hwa look like someone Yamazaki would be scared of.

Hmmm heheh...that would make an excellent team, one for functional purposes (she's a great battery), and the other as I use to use her. 

To stay OT, is there anything else that Drink Pink does?

YMK

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 01:18:08 AM »
To stay OT, is there anything else that Drink Pink does?

look to my older post.

Drink Pink, what's it do?

10% damage increase, adds another hit to his back breaker super, and hes even MORE crazy during his neomax.

oh, does anyone know what the deal with his non-cinematic version of his Neomax is? Its like a 7 or 8 hit B dragon kick for less damage. Ive seen the normal version hit during combos, so I dunno what it changes it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:23:48 AM by YMK »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 02:56:16 AM »
you can juggle after this one.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
Drink Pink, what's it do?

10% damage increase, adds another hit to his back breaker super, and hes even MORE crazy during his neomax.

Correction, 15% increase.  His Dragon Kick (dp+K) supposedly gains more invincibility and his Dragon Tail (qcb+K) gains speed (I dunno if they meant recovery or startup) according to the BBS.  Decided I'm going to learn him.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010, 08:15:57 AM »
Oh looks like AI's gonna be givin hwa a lot of love good thing I've studying him so I don't get worked lol
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:32:13 AM by Kane317 »
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2010, 10:31:44 AM »
-Tidbits from the Mook: j.B and j.D are his crossups

-j.C and j.A are cancelable (follow up with air.qcb+B)

-Ex Dragon Tail (qcb+BD) Guard Crashes easily (I might be reading this wrong but), supposedly takes of 60% of the opponent's guard gauge.

-Ex Dragon Kick and Air.Ex Dragon Kick are both anywhere juggles, and of course like Choi you can follow up twice, any of the six directions (except up and down).

-j.C, air.qcb B, s.B, df.B, into whatever (I dunno how that'll connect but that's what the mook says)

-(Corner) s.C, df.B, Ex qcf+P, [DC] qcb+D, s.C, qcb+BD

-Kelvindj2008's (All gauges, 971dmg): (Corner) j.C, s.C, df.B, HD, s.C, df.B, dp+D [2hits], [HDC] air.dp+B, dp+B, [HDC] air.qcb+D, dash dp+B, [HDC] air.qcb+D, dash qcb+D, dp+B, [HDC] air.qcb+D, qcf~hcb+BD NM, qcf x2+BD

kelvindj2008 has a lot more combos on his youtube page for Hwa Jai, at least 5-6 of them, one of them being 100%.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:16:48 AM by Kane317 »

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 05:26:09 AM »
Cool vids homie, Hwa is my main interest in 13, can hardly wait for the console!

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2010, 12:50:38 AM »
In the videos posted on the front page the 2nd combo is insane. That's a lot of damage without having to do any cancels. You guys seen anything like that or knew of it when you played? I was until now under the impression that he was pretty much the same as Joe but clearly they have their distinctions.

Another question is I saw Jai combo out of his slide, can Joe do that or only the step kick?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2010, 01:42:54 AM »
In the videos posted on the front page the 2nd combo is insane. That's a lot of damage without having to do any cancels. You guys seen anything like that or knew of it when you played? I was until now under the impression that he was pretty much the same as Joe but clearly they have their distinctions.

Another question is I saw Jai combo out of his slide, can Joe do that or only the step kick?

Joe can only combo off his f+B whereas Hwa Jai only has one command attack, his slide.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »
I've seen Hwa Jai dodge projectiles when he used Drink Pink. I think he dodged the Haoh Shokoken but my memory is hazy. Anyway, he dodges it from startup til jumping. Those are a lot of invincibility frames. 'course, he's vulnerable once he lands and starts drinking and I don't know if he's still invincible when he lands.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 05:15:27 AM »
Needs more Hwa Jai

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 05:50:31 AM »
Well, I'll try and contribute a question, then:
Do any of his normals have different properties than Joes? Such as better hitboxes/priority, faster/slower startup, cancels, etc?

EX Dragon Kick having anywhere juggle properties is cool. Love the fact he can juggle with it after a sweep, as see in the Tech ref. I'd imagine he could do some pretty mean things in the corner, off sweeps and jumping  ;c ;d , with such an ability.

For style points, does this mean he could actual Hyper drive cancel his crouching D into an HD combo?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:52:10 AM by SAB-CA »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 06:15:28 AM »
Well, I'll try and contribute a question, then:
Do any of his normals have different properties than Joes? Such as better hitboxes/priority, faster/slower startup, cancels, etc?

From the short time I've messed around with him, he doesn't seem any different.  Course he has a cancelable slide versus Joe has a f.B.  I'll need to play Joe too in order to make a fair comparison.  So far, Mature and Vice have differences, even Clark and Ralf have differences in priorities (even though the animation is the same etc) so I don't see why he would be an exception but who knows.

EX Dragon Kick having anywhere juggle properties is cool. Love the fact he can juggle with it after a sweep, as see in the Tech ref. I'd imagine he could do some pretty mean things in the corner, off sweeps and jumping  ;c ;d , with such an ability.

For style points, does this mean he could actual Hyper drive cancel his crouching D into an HD combo?

Hmm the mechanics of XIII should allow it, I don't see why not.  d.D into dp+BCD should work.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Hey guys a question for you. Now that the game has been out a considerable amount of time, has there been any conversations on Joe vs. Hwa Jai over who the better characters is? Or are they different enough that they can't be played the same?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:10:30 PM by Kane317 »