Author Topic: Bandeiras Hattori  (Read 10561 times)

sketchspace

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Bandeiras Hattori
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 12:46:14 PM »
Definitely be cautious when using his counter special. Can whiff many attacks/crouching opponents and is super punishable on block. Kind of sad at this realization.

I've noticed this too, have had this happen most during jumpins.  I think the counter is best used when your opponent tries to counterpoke, for example if you're doing standing B to keep the opponent in check. 

As you said it's not a reliable reversal.  That means the only options when under pressure are to block or to escape.  I think ultimately that's what's going to keep Bandeiras from being top.

Jon Slayton

• New Challenger
  • Duo Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 09:24:29 PM »

That means the only options when under pressure are to block or to escape.  I think ultimately that's what's going to keep Bandeiras from being top.
[/quote]

His neutral is also not very good and his jump ins don't hit at the best angles for his floaty jump arc. I'm not really sure how this character gets in. Once you get going he's great but a lot of the time I feel like I just die trying to get in, feels kinda like playing ninja zangeif or something.

sketchspace

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 05:27:25 AM »
His neutral is also not very good and his jump ins don't hit at the best angles for his floaty jump arc. I'm not really sure how this character gets in. Once you get going he's great but a lot of the time I feel like I just die trying to get in, feels kinda like playing ninja zangeif or something.

I don't think he's a get in and pressure character.  His jump D and stand B are really strong to annoy the enemy.  Rather than try to rush down, I recommend just poking away with different attacks and forcing the opponent to make a mistake and capitalize.

I'm stuck trying to get more damage out of this character.  For now I'm just playing Benimaru, similar kicks, but does way more damage for meter.  I get 400 damage off of 1 meter with Beni, plus it's much easier to HD confirm off lights with him.

Jon Slayton

• New Challenger
  • Duo Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 01:06:52 AM »
Tested his ground pound super a bit today. Turns out it's even on block and invincible so uhhh.. apply liberally lol

https://youtu.be/88eJIhN8WYs

FreggKreugerMD

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 04:42:43 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPzh_xcUgM You can OS for rolls with Bandeiras by holding a charge and doing cr.B upA+B f.A, the nice thing about it is that since it's a flash kick motion if someone were to roll behind you they still get grabbed

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 01:16:58 PM »
Bandeiras combo exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxPXDA2-sjg
Enjoy!

Smoke

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 07:13:58 PM »
Thought I'd share some Bandeiras combos and tech that I discovered awhile back. Most of these setups require Bandeiras in the leader position. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/zOtfhcHJ-9k

https://youtu.be/LAJi_X3CwIo

KrsJin

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 08:49:20 PM »
I like the thinking behind some of those counter setups a lot. I just wish his dang counter were better, would make those really threatening.

Smoke

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:39 PM »
I like the thinking behind some of those counter setups a lot. I just wish his dang counter were better, would make those really threatening.

His counter is best used against opponents who know their frame data and like to attack when they feel it's their turn. I wouldn't recommend using his counter unless in situations when you know your opponent will attack. There's other setups that involve using his EX Shining Ninja Arts on block or his light version  of Kawarimi on block or even a blocked overhead.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »
Man these mixups are hot fire. Holy crap! I didn't even think of applying his teleports this way. I've just been doing heavy teleport into command grab. How foolish of me!

KrsJin

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 01:48:20 AM »

His counter is best used against opponents who know their frame data and like to attack when they feel it's their turn. I wouldn't recommend using his counter unless in situations when you know your opponent will attack. There's other setups that involve using his EX Shining Ninja Arts on block or his light version  of Kawarimi on block or even a blocked overhead.
I think the real problem I have is that if they attack with a light attack, they're often safe. Or depending on which attack they throw out, the angle may not line up and it will whiff entirely. If it's not a guarantee'd hit, he definitely should not be punishable on a successful counter, I feel.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 03:37:33 AM »

I think the real problem I have is that if they attack with a light attack, they're often safe. Or depending on which attack they throw out, the angle may not line up and it will whiff entirely. If it's not a guarantee'd hit, he definitely should not be punishable on a successful counter, I feel.

You both make really good points. My take? His counter is not the best, but it's not useless. That being said, maximizing the usefulness of the tools we are provided is why we lab it up in fighting games, right? There are gonna be choice places to throw out that counter (jump-ins, frame traps, blockstrings, resets) and we can condition our opponents a particular way to fight them.

For example, I do his cross under reset all the time. I'll do cl.C, f+A, heavy knee, teleport. After that string, people are blocking or poking to avoid the command grab. Throwing out a counter would be a nice read or going for the hop reset/cross up.

Smoke

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 01:10:33 AM »

You both make really good points. My take? His counter is not the best, but it's not useless. That being said, maximizing the usefulness of the tools we are provided is why we lab it up in fighting games, right? There are gonna be choice places to throw out that counter (jump-ins, frame traps, blockstrings, resets) and we can condition our opponents a particular way to fight them.

For example, I do his cross under reset all the time. I'll do cl.C, f+A, heavy knee, teleport. After that string, people are blocking or poking to avoid the command grab. Throwing out a counter would be a nice read or going for the hop reset/cross up.

That's pretty much the jest of it. Though they need to change the properties of the counter to also counter low attacks or at least the EX version. Seems to be a real risk and no reward when using it.

Been labbing it up and I think I found a really good setup for command grab using MC. Using cl. A which is +1 on block. Then canceling cr. A into command grab gives you an OS of sorts. The cr. A whiffs and the command grab will connect. If they press a button they will get hit by the cr. A and still get grab. Might be a good way to close out a match if the opponent is low on life.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 04:24:42 AM »
Mid NCR after getting knocked out of the tourney I came up with the following setup:

cr.A (whiff), df.D, hcf+BCD, then

on hit qcf+C, explosion super, etc. etc.

on block cr.B, cr.A, then

on hit qcf+C etc. etc.

on block (f+A), hcf+BD etc. etc

The on hit follow up is fairly self explanatory, the on block is what's important. hcf+BD is +1 on block, cr.B is 4 frames start up, so a three frame trap which goes back into itself as a guard crush string (without f+A it's not a true guard string but sometimes the pushback is too far for it to connect). Also the whiff cr.A at the beginning is to make sure the slide doesn't knock down.