Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113036 times)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #435 on: August 25, 2012, 04:00:34 AM »
Yea I'll go sunday also. Get some games in and hope all the counter strike GO I've been playing hasn't affected my game :)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 26, 2012, 02:29:16 AM »
Wow so something has come up sunday night so looks like I actually can't make CO tomorrow.

Hopefully we can meet up during the week or next weekend sorry guys.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #437 on: August 29, 2012, 03:12:50 AM »
Who's bringing setups for TTF???

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 29, 2012, 03:48:13 AM »
I will have my setup at TTF.
PSN: jasemac

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 29, 2012, 03:55:49 AM »
fuck... work triumphs... will be down for co on sat though... in parking lot msging because i cant get on site at work and cant use phones at work either...

shit is ridiculous.,..

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
Its cool jinx hopefully co host a game night Saturday see you then!

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 03, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
What are your guys schedule looking like this week?

Don't think I can do tuesday at TTF but I can do friday night ttf and saturday CO again next week. Are you guys able to make it to those days or wanna get together on a different night somewhere else?

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 04, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »
TTF on Friday looks good for me. And I'm still considering Tuesday night, as well.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 06, 2012, 05:51:56 AM »
Thursday night (tomorrow) my garage will be open for matches and such in whatever game... I have 2 tvs and depending on what game(s) you cats wanna play it will be two setups... If you wanna bring a setup, that's cool... Lemme know what's up...

It goes down at 730pm... Might have TRB streaming when that joint comes on...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:56:35 AM by jinxhand »

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 08, 2012, 12:17:41 AM »
Good shit, Jinx. That SFEX2 is the truth.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 10, 2012, 07:32:04 AM »
Good shit, Jinx. That SFEX2 is the truth.

Word up!!! I told you man.. Cats keep sleeping on this game... Dictator is actually a CvS2 style threat in that game; Guile has decent combos. etc... Every character in that game is damn good imo... Even low tiered ass Pullum has some crazy stuff I was showing off a bit... My only beef with the game is that they needed to add the original arcade soundtrack, Gouki, Blair and (most importantly) Allen Snyder needed to be in the game also...

Speaking of sleeping, I'm sleeping on that Kensou combo I need to start working on that stuns... I missed some punishes with Mature fighting Leona... I'm starting to get her down now...

I plan on hosting sometime next week... I'll keep you cats posted as far as when I'll be doing that...

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 10, 2012, 07:14:52 PM »
Never understood why people hate on the sfex series. 

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 13, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »
Never understood why people hate on the sfex series. 

For starters, cats hated on the game because it was in 3d, which is a no-no for 2d purists, even though the game played on a 2d plane.

Another reason the game is hated on is because of the extra characters that Arika designed (some where in a game called Fighting Layer which is another fun game). Personally, Arika's characters looked way better than Capcom's (I only felt that Dictator, Claw, and Blanka were creatively designed), and when you think about it, any Capcom fanboy or VF hater can't argue that SF characters are more or less "attractive" than VF character designs, because quite honestly they're on the same level imo; Capcom just happened to design theirs first...

The fighting system was alittle unorthodox in the first EX to be honest. You had the ability to cancel specials with another special, and you could do super cancels into other supers... That's how Ken got his shoryuken~roll~shinryuken combo originally, not CvS2... Plus there were certain conditions in where you could juggle the opponent to a certain degree... EX2 took advantage of that with the excel combo system...

Honestly, anyone who calls himself/herself a SF4 player or has ever played the game needs to get on EX2+... Capcom literally stripped this game, and put it on an engine similar to Battle Fantasia (which SF4 got its inspiration from [Ono said it!!!]); Battle Fantasia is faster than SF4 though... EX2 has meteor supers which they basically turned into Ultras without the risk of losing all of your meter. Guard break became Focus Attack (Saving Attack in Japan), except in SF4 you have a way of canceling the move if you're not the "dedicated" type and are afraid of getting your unblockable beaten by something like a mashed out shoryu (damn 09ers lol j/k)... Then Capcom added some of the good features of SF3 and put it in SF4...

Anyway, the game is great imo... Sure there's some broken things like Chun's infinite (which is actually hard to do), and Rosso has a 3 meter combo that takes out a grip of life, but even that takes some serious practicing to do, the game should've gotten more love... Maybe an HD remake would help that...

Straight up, I feel the same way about EX2+ as I do with KOFXI... The game was ridiculously great, and is the 3rd game in the great debate of the best KOF, but 98 players, 02 players, and everyone else that falls in between kinda keep it from getting any shine... Same with KOFNW...

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 13, 2012, 11:04:05 PM »
This week went by slow as hell for me, so I'm glad it's coming to an end. You guys trying to session, or what?

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 14, 2012, 06:12:36 AM »
Don't think I'll be able to do any sort of sessions since I am kind of hurting for money right now. Yea broke enough where 2-3 bucks kinda matters. :(

CO isn't doing anything this week either I believe.
If jinxs still is planning on hosting something again in his garage next week without the charge I can hit you guys up there I guess.

And jinx wow going in-depth there with the sfex knowledge bomb. :)