Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77370 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
mmm, actually, I believe that if you purchased those characters for vainilla, you could use them in UMVC3. Same with the custome pack from the game

I wonder if those customes will be compatible with vainilla, I'm sure than no lol

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:30 PM »
there is a lot of shit i want to say right now but if i do ill get banned

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »
It's funny how Ghost Rider is in. He was a highly anticipated character by fans, but the devs said they wouldn't be able to program his head (even though Dorm is practically the same), chains, or his bike. I'm curious as far as rebalance goes. Can you ever really balance Marvel and still keep it... Marvel..?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2011, 07:39:00 PM »
mmm, actually, I believe that if you purchased those characters for vainilla, you could use them in UMVC3. Same with the custome pack from the game

I wonder if those customes will be compatible with vainilla, I'm sure than no lol

I beg you please don't use the term vanilla, I so sick and tired of people saying that. Just say mvc3 or ULTIMATE we'll understand.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2011, 07:41:23 PM »

I beg you please don't use the term vanilla, I so sick and tired of people saying that. Just say mvc3 or ULTIMATE we'll understand.

How about if we call Ultimate, "Chocolate"? ;)

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »
I'm curious as far as rebalance goes. Can you ever really balance Marvel and still keep it... Marvel..?
You can't balance / bugfix Marvel and keep it Marvel. Marvel is unbalanced and glitchy. That's why it's Marvel.

I doubt purchase of the characters in vanilla will transfer to UMvC. Capcom wouldn't miss an opportunity to milk their fans of another $10 / $20.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2011, 08:09:53 PM »
I have to applause capcom because (not been sarcastic) they are one of a couple companies that can get you to buy a game even if you never touch the genre. Man I wish snkp had that kind a leverage over its fans, getting knew players who weren't interest because everybody was getting they got it too. SNKP could have being the Capcom of today's console generation. In all seriousness you have to be a shark in this industry to survive and capcom is clearly one along with activision and ea.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2011, 08:39:21 PM »

In before speculation, we already had the other 8 chars

Waifu Material

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
It's a good deal.extra stages and 12 (for now) new characters for 39.99$.I will buy it when it's around 30.With this title on the way and the price tag for XIII in europe (~64 euros).XIII will sell shit here for sure

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2011, 08:54:10 PM »

How about if we call Ultimate, "Chocolate"? ;)

I'd prefer Strawberry. Failing that Neapolitan.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

jedpossum

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »

MvC3 616

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2011, 09:03:58 PM »
>Rocket Raccoon and NOva

Welp that's a buy

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Who getting MVC 3?
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2011, 09:26:01 PM »
I'm surprised this even made it on World Star Hip-Hop. That's really not a good look for the Marvel community or the fighting game community for that matter. Never thought I would see someone actually fight over a game.
This was bound to happen because of the attitude that trash talking is a part of it all. No matter how much some dish out they really just can't handle getting shit back. And yeah, if the audio track isn't edited then the commentators are being really stupid in this video. But it MUST have been edited because only a moron would repeatedly shout "It's marvel baby" when people start an actual fight..

Marvel and infighting between nerds are two completely different things.

With the exception of the music, the rest wasn't edited unfortunately. I believe they took the full version of the video down.

The only victim in this is the Samba De Amingo machine RIP ;_;.

<pulls old reply out off the cryogenic capsule>

Of course this type of stuff would end up on WSHH... HipHop and the MvC community do the same things in terms of battling, beefin' and talking smack... Cats can't take it, they pull out some whackness by hitting dudes in the back of the head 'cause they got mad... Remember this joint from a few years ago???

http://youtu.be/3n5WMBZh9jE

Anyway, I'm mad at these new characters... The only one that looks dope imo is Doc Strange, and that's 'cause he was dope in MUA1... A raccoon?!?!?! Man, Capcom could've done better... I mean I would've love to see Soki make a comeback... Nova's aight I guess, but Iron Fist needs a new makeover, or swap him with Luke Cage... West was low tier in TvC, but fans wanted him, Vergil, and Phoenix Wright, so whatever with that-- that's 3 wasted-- err 2 wasted slots... Nah, I was right, 3 wasted slots, and that's if Vergil isn't Dante+Wesker or something else dumb... Capcom, can we have more diversity on both the Capcom and Marvel sides???? I mean you should've just called it "Resident Evil+DMC VS The Avengers+Some Random X-men"... I mean it would've been dope if Spidey 2099 was in it instead of Spectacular Spidey... Throw X-man, Random, Shatterstar, Havoc, Sandman, Kang, Talban, Hauser, Ingrid, and some SF1 rejects in there for good measure... That's diverse!!!

The game itself doesn't have much depth outside of team picking, and even that still has to follow some sort of "holy trinity" like MMO parties... Hopefully, this "new add-on" will "fix" things up and make it more "competitive"...

Cats been calling older game versions "vanilla" before the "SF4 generation", like VF5 (which has a million versions but only 2 in America), and it's used even outside of games... It just doesn't apply to most games though... Plus, its easier to say, -err type...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:46:13 PM by jinxhand »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2011, 09:27:23 PM »
A fucking Raccoon?!?!?!?! are you kidding me?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

jedpossum

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »