Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 139085 times)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2010, 06:48:33 AM »
I see no reaosn why Sony would not have wanted MvC2 on their PSN service. The game was guaranteed to make money. I didn't know about the PS1 version of 99 since I only cared about the DC version of it. But it will be interesting to see if 2k2UM does get a release on the PSN, although from previous attempts, petitions don't really seem to work. Good luck to em though!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2010, 07:49:57 AM »
MvC2 is a capcom game and they tweaked it up a little bit for you can play it widescreen. Plus, the 360 has had SNKP titles since last year, and PSN has 0, so it tells you what side SNKP has the deal with. I hope the petition gets some kind of notice and if it doesn't hopefully there is a clear reason why.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

phoenix

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »
Autoblock in kof2002

I continue my research on the engine of kof2002, and I thought I'd tell you all something about autoblock.

As you all might know, if you're stuck in a frametight blockstring with no gaps you do not need to keep holding down-back or back to continue blocking. This is fairly normal and happens in more than enough other FG's. What is odd though about kof2002, is that you can continue autoblocking AFTER leaving blockstun.

After blockstun there's an 11 frame window in which you are out of blockstun, but as long as you don't press anything you will continue to block anyway.

I recorded a little video to illustrate this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ljVp5RvGYk

First you can see Kyo doing cl.C qcf.D,D repeat, there's gap of 10 frames (you can make it 11 too, shorter than 10 frame gap and cl.C won't come out, longer than 11 frames and autoblock won't work). As you can see K' continues to block despite having left blockstun for some time. All the way at the end of the video you can see K' easily interrupting the blockstring with a standing A.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2010, 06:55:21 PM »
To be fair, KOF 99 is the PSX version, which are considered ''retro games'', and MVC 2 is MVC 2, and also was ''upgraded'' to HD, even though the HD in that game is lame as hell

But still, there is also MK2, so I think that maybe we could see something, at least I think that the problem is more than SNKP and Sony doesn't had a good relationship, even though KOF XII was in the highlights of the Sony conference in the E3 last year, I don't know

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2010, 02:01:46 AM »
Found a ratio/point list for KOF 2002UM Tougeki, of course this list may/will vary depending on the metagame of the people who take it into account

【5】
K', Nameless, Kasumi

【4】
King, Kula, Andy, EX Robert, Orochi Chris, Benimaru, Yuri, Hinako, Heidern

【3】
Bao, Jhun, Mature, Lin, Chris, Ryo, Kusanagi, Foxy, Daimon

【2】
Iori, Orochi Shermie, Choi, Yamazaki, EX Takuma, Mai, Seth, Leona, Clark, Kyo, Terry, B. Mary, Kyo-2, Kim, Xiangfei, Joe

【1】
Shingo, Kensou, EX Kensou, Takuma, Ralf, Robert, Billy, Yashiro, Orochi Yashiro, Chin, Angel, Shermie, Vice, Athena, Ramon, Whip 

【0】
May Lee, Maxima, Kyo-1, Vanessa

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2010, 06:10:42 AM »
Yea I was pretty curious what was the ratio list after you post the vids in the video thread. The max points must be 7 I see.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:12:41 AM by PureYeti »

krazykone123

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2010, 05:21:10 PM »
Yea I was pretty curious what was the ratio list after you post the vids in the video thread. The max points must be 7 I see.

Yeah most places seem to default 7 points per person

snip

Good stuff, and before I forget to ask what bios are you using for that FBA-RR emulator?

because it's refusing to read mine
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 05:23:28 PM by krazykone123 »

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2010, 12:55:31 AM »
FBA-RR simply refuses to work for a lot of people, crashing all the time using a variety of bios and kof rom files. It's not as user friendly, but I'd recommend MAMR-RR if you can't get it to work.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2010, 09:05:49 PM »
I noticed in some combo videos that Xiangfei can start her A+C DM with the shoulder ram. How is this possible?

Also, why is Vanessa a "0" on the list?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:09:50 PM by Gravelneed »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2010, 10:46:57 PM »
lol chang is not even listed in that list... poor fatty
my team is sth like 3 points lol (clark+ralf),since i guess chang would be 0 or 1, i really have a dangerous team... lol

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2010, 11:01:45 PM »
Shit, screw top tier whoring, K' has been mcter in almost every game that he appears, but sadly, the only character that I use with ratio 1 is Athena, maybe takuma : (

Waifu Material

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2010, 08:54:54 AM »
I noticed in some combo videos that Xiangfei can start her A+C DM with the shoulder ram. How is this possible?

Also, why is Vanessa a "0" on the list?

I'm pretty sure they just whiff the first two parts of the DM incredibly fast to get to the shoulder as fast as possible. There's basically no minimum time to cancel into the next part of the DM.

Vanessa is low-tier because she got nerfed really hard from OG2k2 while pretty much every other char got buffed (and she wasn't exactly high-tier in that). No teleport cancel from hcf+P (kills her infinite/strongest combos), c.D not cancellable, increased recovery on dp+A and b~f+P (limits combo and reset options).

btw, where is your avatar from?

Ash2k4

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »
For you guys who have xbox live iam getting this day one so lets some games in Gt : MBN Yatchinator hope to see play some of you guys online ^.^
SNK WE ARE THE FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »
For you guys who have xbox live iam getting this day one so lets some games in Gt : MBN Yatchinator hope to see play some of you guys online ^.^

I've started a players compendium for XBLA 2K2UM players. If you guys report that the netcode is good, I'll buy a 360 just to play this game.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »
If you guys report that the netcode is good, I'll buy a 360 just to play this game.

I'm about do the same...