Author Topic: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world  (Read 70230 times)

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world
« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2012, 09:28:28 PM »
Just got the VF5:FS, does anyone still play?

You're too slow!!

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 10, 2012, 06:09:18 AM »
I kinda stopped playing since almost everyone I could find had bad/questionable connections, new games that have come out or are about to come out ie: P4A and TTT2, additionally i'm not very good at the game and without anyone to play with regularly I kinda just moved on, though if you got it for PS3 I'd be willing to play you.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2012, 12:49:06 AM »
I still play it, just not online for a few reasons.  One my connection isn't good so it messes up my offline play.  When I get a good connection the players are just bad.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2012, 02:30:28 AM »
This is the other fighter I'm currently maining, but I'm on PS3. Would like to fight some of y'all, but not sure who I can fight.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2012, 04:18:00 AM »
For me it's touch and go really.  There are times when the connection is good no matter what it says.  As I got better at the game though I really started to feel it though.  For casual play or teaching it's okay generally though.  If I had a strong connection I'd be on that game all the time.

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2012, 11:53:57 AM »
I still play if anyone wants to go a few rounds. Just look for "Emperor Paine" on 360. I have about 4 or so other friends that play often as well.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2012, 05:09:39 PM »
Who's still playing this on the regular on PSN? Looking to test my skills against some DC members sometime.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #262 on: October 18, 2012, 07:51:39 PM »
Me. I play Pai and Lion.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »
Still playing low tier Jeffry... Akira seems much more fun this time around...

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »
I'm still sticking it out with Brad, despite distractions from Tekken.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »
I'm still playing vanilla VF5, to this day the graphics look really good, Akira is hard to use I can't really combo well with him, Sarah is really fun and does good damage and love her options out of the flamigo stance, El Blaze is a little gimmicky

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2012, 08:20:01 AM »
I'm still playing vanilla VF5, to this day the graphics look really good, Akira is hard to use I can't really combo well with him, Sarah is really fun and does good damage and love her options out of the flamigo stance, El Blaze is a little gimmicky

Akira has been toned down significantly since VF5 Vanilla... Honestly, if you're gonna learn Akira, I wouldn't even worry about his K+G:G knee if that's one thing you're sweating... His SPoD (Stun Palm of Doom) should only be difficult when it comes to knowing which direction to press on the 2nd and 3rd inputs... I can't honestly thing of anything else that would be difficult imo... Once you learn how to buffer directional inputs to do certain moves (like pressing 33 or 11 to do moves from crouching), things become really easy with him... What specifically are you having troubles with???

As for combos, from most of his launchers you can do 6KP, K+GK and that's easy damage. It's not his strongest, but it's a start, and you don't have to any of his multiple button strings... In Vanilla, after a launch, while holding 6 you could P,P,P,PK and that did some ok damage, but with the major system overhaul that was done in VF5R, and VF5FS, Akira can do those classic combos anymore...

Once you get some of those "nuisances" down, he'll become fairly easy to play with...

Sarah has gotten ridiculously better since VF5 Vanilla... She doesn't have to work to get in damage much as she did before. She has more options, albeit risky-- well, I guess not all of them are as risky as they seem once you look at frame data...

I hate El Blaze... He's like the new-age Pai in terms of annoyance to me... Still somewhat of a fun character, I just hate fighting him... 

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2012, 12:28:32 PM »
Speaking of Pai just played with a friend that was using her tonight, I took quite a beating from her until I started remembering to use Brad's P+K more, then rush her shit down.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »
Pai has a ton of safe pokes like 2P+K, and even from her bokutai stance, she can do P or PP and still be relatively safe. Some of her options dwindle depending on what move she uses, but at the very least she can fuzzy guard. I have to pay attention and not try to attack out of disadvantage... Sometimes throwing Jeffry's 6K works, but its still a huge risk... I'm actually trying to learn Pai, so if you have any questions or whatever, hit me up... There's always VFDC also...

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 23, 2012, 06:52:43 AM »
Dec 18 - Jan 8, PSN version of the game is available for $9.99 or $6.99 for PSN+ subscribers
Dec 19 -Dec 31, XBL version of the game is available for 600 MSP

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/ios-vf5fs-guide-app-and-discount-on-xbl-psn-vf5fs-game.17231/

Sega also release a strategy guide app on the iPhones and iPads from the iTunes store

"SEGA, in collaboration with VFDC, has put together this OFFICIAL Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Guide with situational strategy tips and a comprehensive move list for each of the game's 19 characters. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, this app has the tools to take your game to the next level!

STRATEGY GUIDE
Learn about everything from basic movement to advanced wall attacks within the strategy section of the VF5 FS Guide. Topics include movement, character positioning, ground maneuvers, attacks, defensive actions, wall strategy, combos, frames, and character selection.

MOVE LISTS
Once you've mastered general gameplay strategy, head to your favorite character's move list to enhance your game. Each move list contains over 100 moves with detailed frame and damage statistics that enable you to prepare for the highest level of competition."