Author Topic: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world  (Read 70959 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
So yeah, since XIII already appeared, this is my new DO WANT game for the next year, I hope to see it released soon, did sega put an specific date?
just around the summer as far as i can tell

I believe in August... I'll check to be sure though...

BLACK STAR

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2011, 06:37:13 PM »
yessir, this is MY GAME!!!

SO HYPE!  With VF and KOF, I can play more honest fighting games in tournaments and move away from things like Marvel

My Sarah is going to be so ready for this. :D

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »
yessir, this is MY GAME!!!

SO HYPE!  With VF and KOF, I can play more honest fighting games in tournaments and move away from things like Marvel

My Sarah is going to be so ready for this. :D

She's lookin' mad fancy this time around, too... I've been practicing with her since I've always felt she was a fun and creative character to play with...

But, Jeffry and Lau are gonna do big things when this game drops... I'm pretty sure new tuts should be coming around the corner...

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »
In the opinion of you guys would I be better off tracking down a copy of or ordering 5 online for PS3 since I don't have a 360, or a copy of 4 or 4 Evolution for the PS2, in terms of learning the game system and characters?
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
In the opinion of you guys would I be better off tracking down a copy of or ordering 5 online for PS3 since I don't have a 360, or a copy of 4 or 4 Evolution for the PS2, in terms of learning the game system and characters?

Imo, get 4EVO, and go through the tutorial... Not too much to learn in 5, except Offensive Moves (up or down + PKG), 0-frame throws (which were in VF3), and throw clashing. All of those have been removed in FS from what I remember. The only thing you have to worry about learning is the bounce combos, which were tweaked in VF5R, and eventually balanced out in FS.

I will say though, some characters got beef the hell up, like Brad and Goh, but most of those buffs were from VF4:Final Tuned, which no one outside Japan saw.

Just don't practice the combos too much, since alot of them changed. Some are still possible though, but with 5 there were better options to combo with.

If you do end up getting VF5 for the 360, you can always level up online. VFDC has a steady matchmaking/ggs thread, and I can get matches in with you, since the netcode is actually the most stable for a 3d fighter (DOA comes in 2nd).

Which character(s) are you trying to learn???

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2012, 10:34:29 PM »
Imo, get 4EVO, and go through the tutorial... Not too much to learn in 5, except Offensive Moves (up or down + PKG), 0-frame throws (which were in VF3), and throw clashing. All of those have been removed in FS from what I remember. The only thing you have to worry about learning is the bounce combos, which were tweaked in VF5R, and eventually balanced out in FS.

I will say though, some characters got beef the hell up, like Brad and Goh, but most of those buffs were from VF4:Final Tuned, which no one outside Japan saw.

Just don't practice the combos too much, since alot of them changed. Some are still possible though, but with 5 there were better options to combo with.

If you do end up getting VF5 for the 360, you can always level up online. VFDC has a steady matchmaking/ggs thread, and I can get matches in with you, since the netcode is actually the most stable for a 3d fighter (DOA comes in 2nd).

Okay i'll keep that stuff in mind, and I'm fairly certain the last time I was in my local EB games there was a copy of Evolution available and i'll be sure to pick it up if it's still there. In terms of character selection in my limited experience with the VF series i've almost stuck exclusively with Lion Rafale so i'm probably going to stick with him at least until I get the different mechanics down solid.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2012, 11:21:47 PM »

Okay i'll keep that stuff in mind, and I'm fairly certain the last time I was in my local EB games there was a copy of Evolution available and i'll be sure to pick it up if it's still there. In terms of character selection in my limited experience with the VF series i've almost stuck exclusively with Lion Rafale so i'm probably going to stick with him at least until I get the different mechanics down solid.

Cool... I mained Lion back in VF2 til about VF4, then switched to Lau and Aoi. Lion has been beefed up in FS. I know he had to work a bit hard with mixups and combo damage to get that win. There's quite a bit of info on the VF wiki and the actual Lion thread at virtuafighter.com.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2012, 12:17:13 AM »
How are Aoi and Wolf in the game?

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2012, 06:18:03 AM »
How are Aoi and Wolf in the game?

Aoi is actually fun. She's actually miles better than she was in VF4:EVO. While she lacks a move that produces bounce combos, she has great combos that lead to YinYang stance Oki, and some that provide hard knockdowns for down attacks. I like how she has moves that allow her to move to the side without relying on OM or DM too much. You still have to use them, but I'm just saying when you're applying pressure, moves like 3P+K are great. She has more cancels, too!!! Sadly, imo she needs counter hits to be really effective vs some characters.

Wolf... I play him from time to time, and I'll say his new running command is fun. He has fun combos. I'm not even gonna lie, most times online you'll see cats whore his DM move, because you have to know which way to TE, or have a move that can beat it out altogether. Moderate and higher level play is great though. As a Jeffry player, fighting a Wolf is more scarier, because he has better options to get throws in like Aoi, but he has damaging combos as well, and safe pokes with even more options on hit confirm. He's heavy, but lighter than Jeffry and Taka, so not too many combos can be done on him, but he can still take some damage. Oh yeah, did I mention that near the wall he can combo from his 1P+G and do massive damage!!!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2012, 07:09:29 AM »
I still don't know which one main in F5, oh well

I guess wolf only if he still has the pedigree, my dream is beating fuudo using that move and then spitting water like HHH

Waifu Material

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2012, 02:19:46 AM »
Woot on Febuary 10th VF5 FS is finally coming to NA and big shout outs to Southtown, Iplaywinner and SEGA for making this happen.
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/1/27/sega-southtown-arcade-and-iplaywinner-present-the-first-ever.html

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2012, 03:08:04 AM »
For a second I thought that the game would have been released this february 10th

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2012, 03:39:51 AM »
Good to see Sega is actually repping VF for once.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »
This was posted on VFDC, which they in turn got from the Sega blogs:

"We’re pretty excited to have a series of trailers coming your way all about Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown. Today’s video is a lesson in history straight from Makoto Osaki and Daichi Katagiri of AM2. Sit back and relax as they walk you through the original game to the current version of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown!"

Glad they're finally posting things like this on their English site... Keep it coming Sega!!!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2012, 05:04:41 AM »
http://twitch.tv/iplaywinner

IPW is playing Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown RIGHT now!