Author Topic: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world  (Read 71134 times)

diztron

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world
« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2012, 02:12:52 AM »
is this game good havnt played one since the first one

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2012, 02:53:44 PM »
Game is so good, netcode is sooooooooo awesome.

XIII's netcode plays fine for me but the moment anyone starts using the internet for anything outside of basic browsing my connection goes to hell. With VF5FS I can play great even when they are streaming videos continuously.

Jean is such a badass, he animates so damn well. The animation overall in this game is so impressive.

Haven't played XIII since getting it, mainly because my family is always doing something on the net and with this game I don't have to wait for them to stop or be a dick and ask them to get off.

Been a while since I've learned a fighting game from the ground up almost (only VF I've played is some single player of VF4EVO on PS2), feels good. Most online are new and learning as well so its great fun.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:56:08 PM by Diavle »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #197 on: June 07, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »
Oh silly ignorance.  Xbox having better servers?  NO Xbox games have severs.  Their entire infastructure is based on p2p.  The PS3 actually does use servers for games though.

Also the reason for "better" gaming on 360 is due to almost everyone being wired there while everyone on the PS3 is on shitty lagtastic packet dropping wireless.

Umm, p2p pertains to fighters, but as far as other games go, yeah they actually have servers... Last I checked, MMO's don't use p2p servers. Same goes for MW and all of those other shooters...

Also, fighters might be p2p, but the connection from one end has to go through something to connect the 1st p to the 2nd p... Just sayin'...

Shoutouts to DarKaoz. GGs!!! I'm diggin' that Jean you've got... This your first time playing VF??
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:49:14 PM by jinxhand »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »
quick question to anyone who got all the costume packs

i got one pack yesterday and the download was near two gigs  and me and a friend were planing on each spliting the cost of the bundle packs but what i want to know is would i have to download another 2 gigs for the bundle pack or have i already got all the costumes on my hard drive since i only got one pack and they are both the same size

also anyone wanna play some tonight dunno much about vf so trying to learn a bit

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2012, 06:38:39 PM »
Oh silly ignorance.  Xbox having better servers?  NO Xbox games have severs.  Their entire infastructure is based on p2p.  The PS3 actually does use servers for games though.

Also the reason for "better" gaming on 360 is due to almost everyone being wired there while everyone on the PS3 is on shitty lagtastic packet dropping wireless.

Umm, p2p pertains to fighters, but as far as other games go, yeah they actually have servers... Last I checked, MMO's don't use p2p servers. Same goes for MW and all of those other shooters...

Also, fighters might be p2p, but the connection from one end has to go through something to connect the 1st p to the 2nd p... Just sayin'...

Shoutouts to DarKaoz. GGs!!! I'm diggin' that Jean you've got... This your first time playing VF??

You're wrong in this point.  Granted MMOs do NOT use p2p servers, BUT all the shooters on XBL use p2p.  This was a requirement Microsoft set in so games don't go down abruptly.  There's some exceptions to the rule like EA where they told Microsoft let us use our own servers or NONE of our games will be online on the 360 so they caved there.  But all shooting games like COD, Gears, Halo, Tom Clancy and all that other stuff on 360?  That's all p2p.  Hell most of them on the PS3 are p2p too though a lot of games have severs there, Warhawk, MAG, Socom come to mind.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2012, 08:08:12 PM »
It's definitely a good game so far and I'm surprised at the sheer amount of customization options. I don't see where people have been having netcode problems. Had butter smooth connection, besides one drop with Xxenace. Guess that's what you get for playing on the LameStation 3. :P

I think my only issue is that in the interim, I think I've come to prefer Tekken over Virtua Fighter now, in terms of play style. I'll see if I keep messing around with characters to change my mind.

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2012, 08:58:40 PM »
quick question to anyone who got all the costume packs

i got one pack yesterday and the download was near two gigs  and me and a friend were planing on each spliting the cost of the bundle packs but what i want to know is would i have to download another 2 gigs for the bundle pack or have i already got all the costumes on my hard drive since i only got one pack and they are both the same size

also anyone wanna play some tonight dunno much about vf so trying to learn a bit

From what I understand the first pack downloads all the stuff for every character.  When you buy the next one it'll unlock the rest with out having to download it.

I'm having a lot of fun with the game since I'm actually able to play it online.  I've been using Sarah, and I'm doing pretty well with her.  I'm not able to really take advantage of openings though.  So far the most damage I can get without a wall is 65.  Each time I play I find something else I can do to get some more damage though.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2012, 01:06:20 AM »
It's definitely a good game so far and I'm surprised at the sheer amount of customization options. I don't see where people have been having netcode problems. Had butter smooth connection, besides one drop with Xxenace. Guess that's what you get for playing on the LameStation 3. :P

I think my only issue is that in the interim, I think I've come to prefer Tekken over Virtua Fighter now, in terms of play style. I'll see if I keep messing around with characters to change my mind.

Hey.  Nobody plays on 360.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2012, 01:16:25 AM »
All but one of the people i played today had green bars and everything was smooth. The odd one, i don't recall even seeing a color code for, but it was lame, though nowhere near as horrible as for example MK9 could get. Thus far the netcode does seem really solid for me.

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2012, 02:56:43 AM »
The netcode is solid.  Most of the one bars I've played on have been very good, almost flawless.  Compared to KoF XIII which I can't play online, it's a breath of fresh air.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2012, 04:32:20 AM »

Tell that to VFDC. >_>

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2012, 04:48:31 AM »

Tell that to VFDC. >_>

Then stop complaining about the people here playing it on PS3.  Whoops, 360 red ringed again.  That's the 10th one this month!

But in all seriousness, Broken 360s are my third most profitable piece.  So many broken systems around.  3/4ths of them have the service date on them. 

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2012, 07:33:38 AM »
Shoutouts to jinxhand, we had a great series of matches from a netcode perspective, he stiill bodied me to death, but oh well

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »
AYO DONT PLAY WITH PROTO HE RAGE QUITS IF YOU BEAT ON HIM TO MUCH :3

diztron

• New Challenger
    • View Profile