Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 554430 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1710 on: April 09, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
LOL
I think anyone here can sleep at night because there is no news about 13.Sure it's a bit frustrating that some of us don't have access to the game but it will come out eventually in 1-2-3-4 years who cares - we can't do anything about it so why bother.Just preordered my mk 9 and i got a sweet deal from a friend to buy mvc 3 with 20$ so these games will keep me occupied for a while, also i might get Ah3 if it has a good price and i am done for this year :)

PS: Shiranui i think Luther Blissett is Nona trolling =))

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 09, 2011, 03:13:40 PM »
I worked for Arc System Works for the spanish translation of the new Arc System Works vs SNK: Generation of Fighters, but they decided to cancel the game after they realized that they couldn't afford to create 30 new sprites and fired me in the process

Seriously, if I worked in SNKP, I would have told those news in a more mainstream place like Kotaku or destructoid, not a random forum of SNK

Ummm BUMP!?  HOW IS NO ONE COMMENTING ON THIS!?!?!?  YOU WERE GONNA WORK ON WHAT NOW!?!?!?  THAT GAME WOULD BE OFF THE FUCKING CHAIN!!!!!!

He was just feeling smart completely not understanding that i was not pretending to work for SNKP ( gob forbid that...i wonder if they even PAY employees monthly) when i just said i worked for them but not as an intern ( can't go into details or its totally obvious who i am).

He probably felt he was the brightest crayon in the box!

Luther, this is your final warning. It's partly due to the baseless rumors and trolling but mostly sue to the lack of respect you show to other community members. If this happens again, I'll ban you.

If you want us to take you seriously, add to the conversation without spreading rumors. And, if you're telling us something factual, post the source.

As far as I'm concerned, there is more than enough proof to suggest that XIII is on the way to home consoles. Shane Bettenhausen said in an interview with Siliconera that KOF XII was one of Ignition's money makers and that they are in talks with SNKP regarding future projects. Add to that the fact that Play Asia has KOF XIII listed as announced and coming soon and that gives me tons more proof than anything you've said here.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 09, 2011, 03:29:10 PM »
Maybe he's Shen Bettenhausen, and maybe Ignition will announce that they bought KOF rights. If it's this and XIII doesn't come to console, then I'm going to blame Ignition and Shen.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:33:29 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 09, 2011, 04:49:24 PM »
I probably will post one last time.

Neogeo Station, live and other projects were started before the president swap.

They are going to finish Arcade 0 and probably trouble witches. Neogeo station will get another update by the end of March and that will be it.

The new president and the few who remained in the company have a very BIG interest in games , but they simply can't afford the division.

April won't bring good news. I can't and won't say anything anymore, you just read it here first.

You know, you sure post a lot for a person who was planning to post just once or twice.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1714 on: April 09, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »
pretty good podcast :)

Official NeoEmpire podcast EP5: Where the hell is KOF 13?

http://www.neoempire.com/?p=7915

GoldenGlove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 09, 2011, 05:35:40 PM »
Maybe he's Shen Bettenhausen, and maybe Ignition will announce that they bought KOF rights. If it's this and XIII doesn't come to console, then I'm going to blame Ignition and Shen.

No way, Shane Bettenhausen is one of the coolest men alive.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 09, 2011, 06:28:09 PM »
I've been KOF fan for short time. Don't care about NeoGeo KOF's that much, but when I first saw video of XIII, I was like "Wow, this is how modern 2D-fighter should be made!" and I started to wait for console version. I even said to one gamestore guy that "I buy PS3 when KOF XIII is released". Well, haven't seen it yet.

But I'm not angry. I respect SNK for that they make their 2D fighters in 2D. But I guess that they first polish the game to perfection and then release to consoles to avoid "Character X is so cheap"-syndrome. But we'll see what they do with Raiden...
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 09, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »
wait a second IGNITION MADE MONEY WITH XII?

Waifu Material

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 09, 2011, 07:41:56 PM »
Kof is not SF but still has a fan base. KoFXII was a big deception, but still was the first KoF of the new era.  I'm sure several kofers buy it just for that and to test it, even knowing it wasn't a complete game. And Ignition made a pretty decent promo, even without Mai lol
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:34:53 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 09, 2011, 08:48:42 PM »
wait a second IGNITION MADE MONEY WITH XII?

They did.

But, other games may not have had the same commercial success. From a business standpoint, how can you fund these games?
I think the games I worked closely on since I came here, King of Fighters XII, Muramasa, and Deadly Premonition, most of all. Those games have done well for us. I think I’ve proven that a decent game, a good game, if handled correctly, if brought to market in the right way, and you let people know what’s good about it these games can be successful and be profitable. A lot of the other games that we brought over haven’t been profitable and sometimes they haven’t been good. My belief is if we keep choosing good games and bring them over the right way they can make money.

It's from this Siliconera interview: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/28/ignition-entertainment-on-the-state-of-selling-niche-japanese-games/

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 09, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
Lol, watching how the relations with SNKP where very bad at some point, plus all the hate that even SNKP seems to had with XII, Im impressed that Ignition made some money

Weird, since after samurai shodown changed his publisher from ignition to xseed I though that Ignition was done with SNKP

Waifu Material

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 09, 2011, 10:02:33 PM »
Maybe Ignition knew SS Sen was going to suck so they decide not to mess with it.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 10, 2011, 12:40:41 AM »
mmm, that hasn't stopped ignition before though

Waifu Material

samirerre

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 10, 2011, 01:05:45 AM »
hello ,im new here :)
im 100% pure snk fan
i cant wait for 13 to come

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #1724 on: April 10, 2011, 04:08:28 AM »
Not sure who this Luther guy is, but if he worked in SNKP then there's a very good chance he knows me. All the info I have gotten from my sources (in SNKP) have been in English (spoken and written) and has always been 100% accurate.

As for Ignition, I don't know if the people who mod the forums are on Ignitions payroll, but they sure as hell bashed SNKP and KOFXII right after its release. I don't see why SNKP would go back with them if they were to outsource the game unless its just for covinience