Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 552827 times)

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1440 on: February 08, 2011, 01:56:46 AM »
oogosho must be happy that ralph is low tier, lol. even with other ratios both maxima and ralph are bottom tier (damn, if thats low tier) so he can pretty much use any combination.
IIRC, ratio points usually go by character usage, not  by tiers.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 08, 2011, 04:51:36 AM »
When you random select in this game, do you get random characters each match? The reason I ask is because I noticed some people where random picking and they always got different characters for every new team they fought. Now I also did notice they were holding either the stick and some other buttons before the match started. I used to see this happen in OG2k2 as well and this and that game are the only two I've ever seen it happen in.

So is there a trick to it or does the game just random for you everytime by itself?

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1442 on: February 09, 2011, 11:14:26 AM »
Yeah. The random roulette feature is back to what it was prior 2003, that is, you get random characters each time a new match begins. It was only because of the shift system of 2003 and XI that the roulette was gone though the reason behind it, I'm not sure.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 10, 2011, 12:47:18 PM »
Can someone emulate the arcade version for me? I cannot wait any moar!!!!!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 10, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »
Can someone emulate the arcade version for me? I cannot wait any moar!!!!!

Looks like it's impossible. Some others have tried without succes...  We have to wait, like or not :(
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 10, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »
I heard that in Mexico they were able to hack it. Who knows.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 10, 2011, 06:26:27 PM »

If one actually gets around, don't forget to buy an official copy somehow, unless that's the last new KoF you want.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 10, 2011, 10:44:26 PM »

If one actually gets around, don't forget to buy an official copy somehow, unless that's the last new KoF you want.

if they stop making kof, i'm importing a cab, no matter what.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 11, 2011, 05:27:13 AM »
Yeah according to Dark Geese, some places in Mexico already have access and are currently playing hacked versions of KOF13.

And I don't know about you guys, but I'm just feeling so damn down that SNK is not announcing anything. :( I know I'm one of the lucky few who has access to the game(CTF), but I just wish some kind of news would come out. I mean hell, even saying something like "Console version is in the works as we speak" would give everyone a lot more hope than there is now.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 11, 2011, 05:29:37 AM »
After all our hype, I will lol'd hard if XIII gets the ''Samurai Shodown Sen'' Treatement

Would, better than nothing I guess

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 11, 2011, 06:57:37 AM »
man that would be some bs, especially considering sss sucks and xiii doesnt.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 11, 2011, 06:26:47 PM »
Well, the ''SSS treatement'' was getting the rom with the same generic interface that SNK puts on their arcade games, a versus, survival and training mode, and that's it, no balances, extra characters or anything, oh, and I forgot to mention that the game will be released 2-3 years after his original appearence

If that happens, I will be happy, I will get the game, but that will not fill our initial hype

Waifu Material

Capt_of_the_ssDD

• New Challenger
  • Look behind you!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Devsites
« Reply #1452 on: February 11, 2011, 11:45:33 PM »
Well, the ''SSS treatement'' was getting the rom with the same generic interface that SNK puts on their arcade games, a versus, survival and training mode, and that's it, no balances, extra characters or anything, oh, and I forgot to mention that the game will be released 2-3 years after his original appearence

If that happens, I will be happy, I will get the game, but that will not fill our initial hype
Yea we'd have it (a great thing). But It would be 12 all over again: A Good FG but no one to play with for a lot of ppl. At best 13 gets the GGac/Melty treatment: a lot of local streams, tourneys but the majority of the fanbase still cant play eachother.
In NA release, good Netplay is just a fact of life.  I still feel if 12 had good/excellent online, ppl would not hate it as much as they do.
SPOILER ALERT: RAWGNA and JEEN are brothers. Tell your friends.
http://www.teraissa.deviantart.com

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 14, 2011, 10:56:02 PM »
KOF XIII being  release is good news but seriously this game needs to get a 9 or better to give people a reason to care and to buy it. Since a lot of gamers look at scores as the most import thing before getting the game, it does not matter if the game is port perfect if it cant get that a good score, SNKP is screwed. So much is riding on this game they just cannot half ass it. As much as we like the game and knows it's good means shit, this game needs excellent reviews.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1454 on: February 15, 2011, 02:53:39 AM »
@Ashspiralingblood

I haven't seen any news regarding the release of kof XIII and little by little i doubt they will release it anytime soon (especially if the net code ain't fix)... playmore is too busy "making money" with neo geo compilations, ps3 themes and phone games  ;)

Also i am a bit curious why KOF XIII didn't made it to Nesica x Live, and why KOF XIII is not in the main games played at SBO this year, and why arcade operators in japan are taking the game out of the cabs....aaaaaaaaaaaaa  forget it
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:00:57 AM by KBlackNoah »