Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread

Started by krazykone123, July 28, 2010, 06:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmond_kof

Quote from: Shiranui_ninja on April 23, 2011, 04:59:27 AM

Don't you? why? Who do you think frionel was? Yeah, he's just a KOF fan linked to KOF XIII developement team, what's wrong with that?  Man, after hearing this interview, I definitely buy it. Frionel sounds honest and well informed. I will remain confident to his words and will wait for the official annoucement, but now I'm calm.

Yea me too. The interview was cool, and that little Oswald wish was cool to hear, especially after hearing he was on the actual KOF12 disc in the data (as well as some other things).
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

MUSOLINI

i dont think he was, didnt see him in the list when they released that list.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Delta

Yup, he wasn't in that data list from XII, the only names missing from that list IIRC  are "Iori '98" and "Billy".

But also, K', Kula and Maxima weren't in such list.

desmond_kof

Ash

Quote from: JohnCrawley on April 23, 2011, 03:18:55 AM
Quote from: AmedoS310 on April 22, 2011, 11:54:03 PM
Orichinagi Live video with Frionel about KOF XIII: http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/Jw8KMTixKbVz

So Frionel is just a fan of SNKp who has some "links" with SNKp? No tnx I am not buying. It is much easier for SNKp to put a "coming soon" banner on their official website than letting Frionel, whoever is he, spoiling things that we already know. Seriously I am so pissed right now.

Don't you? why? Who do you think frionel was? Yeah, he's just a KOF fan linked to KOF XIII developement team, what's wrong with that?  Man, after hearing this interview, I definitely buy it. Frionel sounds honest and well informed. I will remain confident to his words and will wait for the official annoucement, but now I'm calm.

What he says sounds very plausible, however the thing I'm worried about is how long ago he got that information as things might have changed.

Eripio69

Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on April 23, 2011, 05:12:09 AM

Yea me too. The interview was cool, and that little Oswald wish was cool to hear, especially after hearing he was on the actual KOF12 disc in the data (as well as some other things).

That's my point. The only thing that he really spoiled is that KOF XIII is coming on the consoles, everyting else is just assumptions, personal wishes and thoughts

desmond_kof

^ Whats wrong with that, he's allowed to wish upon a star of what he wants in the game same as everyone else. When the game finally comes out we will know.

marchefelix

MUSOLINI

terry is the dopest, the artist sucks usually. this time though, its one of his better arts. i think at least half of the artwork of this artist sucks, so i find it even more inpressive that they managed to find an awesome work of his (meaning the person who put it there has at least a basic understanding of good art).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rex Dart

Fuck yeah, Terry.

Nona is hit or miss with me, but his SvC artwork was amazing. Extremely dynamic poses, and just plain cool.

Also, my compliments to Nilcam on a great selection of artwork. We had Kula from NeoWave, Orochi Iori from 2002 (I think?), and Yuri from XIII. I look forward to the day when the banners are randomized.

solidshark

Quote from: Rex Dart on April 27, 2011, 07:55:20 PM
Fuck yeah, Terry.

Nona is hit or miss with me, but his SvC artwork was amazing. Extremely dynamic poses, and just plain cool.

Also, my compliments to Nilcam on a great selection of artwork. We had Kula from NeoWave, Orochi Iori from 2002 (I think?), and Yuri from XIII. I look forward to the day when the banners are randomized.

Yes, yes, and hell yes
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Shiranui_ninja

I love SvC art. That Terry is awesome. By the way, nilcam, I guess DC logo is yours? Does the blue shape mean anything? It looks like the aurea of Mature attacks :D
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

nilcam

I did create the Dream Cancel logo. Initially, I used a circle to tie the design into the look of KOF XI so that the name of the site was more linked into the concept. When I decided to redesign, I thought about tilting the circle to make the design more dynamic. After a bit of playing around, I ended up with the shape I used which is similar to the look of Mature and Iori's slash attack. It also lent itself pretty well to all uses.

I actually really like Nona's art and his SVC work is incredible. As for randomization, I've looked into it but have not found a solution yet.

Giby

I don't know if its possible with this forum, but you should try to make the front page banner the forum banner with the same buttons. Easier navigation and it looks much better overall. I did it with older vB forums, but I don't know if it can be done with SMF forums. In addition, you can always make several character banners and have it randomized on the page.
www.snk-capcom.com
www.arcadeshock.com

nilcam

I've looked into that but SMF does not support it as far as I can tell.