Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547749 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #600 on: October 08, 2010, 01:54:36 AM »
At least the glitches and bugs are done, but don't know if SNKP should try to fix the game balance, it could create a shitstorm and a lot of whining.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #601 on: October 08, 2010, 01:42:53 PM »
From Professor of MMCafe:

SNKP hasn't made any public announcements, but so far from what's been reported by players, it's basically just a bug and infinite fix. Things that players have confirmed so far-

-Hwa Jai's outofscreen bug, Vice's throw glitch, and Ralf's NeoMax bugs are fixed. Throw escape bug for Mai is apparently still present.
-Infinites (Mature, Joe) are gone. However, infinites limited to character pairing (Kim vs Takuma, Iori vs Mai) are reportedly still present.
-Meterless EX for Goro and Takuma are fixed.
-Raiden's eats damage when his anti-air throw trades hits.
-Roll HD is gone.
-No character balance changes, meaning Raiden still has his drop kicks and the GCDK is present, K' still has his same Jump D, etcetc.

So basically, it just means that in terms of general gameplay, people will be dropping Mature and continue to use a teamup of K' & Raiden & (Liz-Kula-Kyo-whatever). For the hasstle of an HDD replacement, that's a bit of a pity.

Kane-- Nice Chin combos! Particularly the 1024dmg. You've really been polishing up.

Throw escape bug for Mai is apparently still present.
-Infinites (Mature, Joe) are gone. However, infinites limited to character pairing (Kim vs Takuma, Iori vs Mai) are reportedly still present.
What does it mean?... I never heard or seen these bugs before... Iori can do an infinite to Mai? Can Mai escape from throws or the rest of the cast can escape from Mai's throw?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 02:04:03 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 08, 2010, 01:57:29 PM »
Great going by SNK, so glad they actually did something rather than nothing like before. Most of the glitches are out now so my major complain with the game has been addressed. Yeah not sure what those glitches they left in are, haven't heard of em before.

3rd Strike has its Yuns, Kens and Chun Lis etc. Garou has its Kevin, Kain etc. That doesn't stop them from being some of the best fighters ever made so, yeah, KOFXIII may have its Raiden and K' but at least they are very much beatable. Like mentioned previously, if they were fixed then a few other select characters would become the next go to ppl.

This makes the game say Version 1.1 on the title screen or somewhere so there are still chances of further fixes. They are more expensive then previously thought though since they have to ship new HDDs.

I'm not a fan of HD combos in general aside from them looking cool.  Seems SNK just has to set up a way to do monster damage in KOF.   I don't think it's worse than V-ism though.  Players get guard crushed all the time because of V-Ism.  KOF players hit confirm their HD combos.

No, HD implementation was a good decision on SNK's part. Comeback mechanics are a must in fighters imo.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 02:11:52 PM by Diavle »

krazykone123

« Reply #603 on: October 08, 2010, 02:09:57 PM »
Well as long as all (or most) of the game-breaking glitches and bugs are fixed that's all that matters

another thing, I could never understand the concept of honor when playing fighting games, it always sounded like some over-exaggerated excuse like "low tier pride", need to stop playing for honor and start playing to win

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #604 on: October 08, 2010, 02:18:25 PM »
another thing, I could never understand the concept of honor when playing fighting games, it always sounded like some over-exaggerated excuse like "low tier pride", need to stop playing for honor and start playing to win

I never understood why a pro uses tiers that are broken or dirty things like infinites to win. It's not about honor, it's about being a good player or not.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 08, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »

Listen to this man.

No team should be without K' or Raiden.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #606 on: October 08, 2010, 02:19:41 PM »
Why was Roll HD taken away? Was it that broken?

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #607 on: October 08, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »

Listen to this man.

Bullshit

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 08, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
Why was Roll HD taken away? Was it that broken?

Didn't see anything that would make it come across as broken but SNK prolly saw it as a bug.

Bullshit

I was joking...

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 02:59:30 PM by Diavle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 08, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »

I never understood why a pro uses tiers that are broken or dirty things like infinites to win. It's not about honor, it's about being a good player or not.

...and good players can win with any characters, including the not so commonly used ones.  Scrubs, for a better lack of a term, can only win with characters that have more options available to them than any other characters (e.g, top tiers).

Like I said before, there's a difference between low tier revolutions or whatever you want to call it, and just self-restraint.   I suppose since at AI at least, it's a small group of friends (12-15 Max) that play together so it is what it is.  I guess if you're in Asia and you don't know the opponent, then the everything-goe mentality is easier to sleep at night.

Case and point.  One of the regulars here recently mastered Mature's infinite--you don't know how quickly unpopular he is now among his closest friends.  Whereas, Reynald, who destroys the competition with his Yuri and Vice is still very much respected still.

I guess it's very subjective, but that's how I personally see it over here--I don't speak for everyone though.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 08, 2010, 04:43:13 PM »
From Professor of MMCafe:

SNKP hasn't made any public announcements, but so far from what's been reported by players, it's basically just a bug and infinite fix. Things that players have confirmed so far-

-Hwa Jai's outofscreen bug, Vice's throw glitch, and Ralf's NeoMax bugs are fixed. Throw escape bug for Mai is apparently still present.
-Meterless EX for Goro and Takuma are fixed.
-Raiden's eats damage when his anti-air throw trades hits.
-Roll HD is gone.
-No character balance changes, meaning Raiden still has his drop kicks and the GCDK is present, K' still has his same Jump D, etcetc.

So basically, it just means that in terms of general gameplay, people will be dropping Mature and continue to use a teamup of K' & Raiden & (Liz-Kula-Kyo-whatever). For the hasstle of an HDD replacement, that's a bit of a pity.

Kane-- Nice Chin combos! Particularly the 1024dmg. You've really been polishing up.

Throw escape bug for Mai is apparently still present.
What does it mean?... I never heard or seen these bugs before... Iori can do an infinite to Mai? Can Mai escape from throws or the rest of the cast can escape from Mai's throw?

So pretty much this update is to "BUFF" Raiden?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #611 on: October 08, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »

Have you ever played a game in a tourney with a cash prize or a money match? What I'm saying is these pros are playing with their money on the line so they don't give a fuck about whom thinks they aren't a good player because they resort to play top-tier or using broken/dirty tactics. You gotta do what you gotta do to win, who care what people think, especially when you have your hard earned money on the line.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

krazykone123

« Reply #612 on: October 08, 2010, 05:06:51 PM »
Listen to this man.

Not exactly what I meant but yeah, if you want to win you might as well go with your best hand right?

...and good players can win with any characters, including the not so commonly used ones.

true, but when you're fighting people around the same level as you your options get limited

Scrubs, for a better lack of a term, can only win with characters that have more options available to them than any other characters (e.g, top tiers).

A lot of scrubs can't win with top tiers either

Like I said before, there's a difference between low tier revolutions or whatever you want to call it, and just self-restraint.

Self-restraint is fine I guess, when Dune's crew stopped using KMR they came to a unanimous decision that the top 3 are messed up

- K' is already good enough but that GCR and jump-in hitbox problem pushes him over the edge
- Mature had her infinite with over 25 variants (with or without drive cancels)
- Raiden suffers from the same problems K' does, he was already good enough but then you throw in that nasty EX tackle juggle then he becomes a massive threat, his 16 second dropkicks while powerful can be baited so that's not the main issue

Have you ever played a game in a tourney with a cash prize or a money match? What I'm saying is these pros are playing with their money on the line so they don't give a fuck about whom thinks they aren't a good player because they resort to play top-tier or using broken/dirty tactics. You gotta do what you gotta do to win, who care what people think, especially when you have your hard earned money on the line.

Real talk.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:10:09 PM by krazykone123 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 08, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »

True
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 08, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »
Case and point.  One of the regulars here recently mastered Mature's infinite--you don't know how quickly unpopular he is now among his closest friends.  Whereas, Reynald, who destroys the competition with his Yuri and Vice is still very much respected still.

I guess it's very subjective, but that's how I personally see it over here--I don't speak for everyone though.
you mean ramond(romance)?well we dont hate the fact that hes using mature if thats what you mean.he can use any character for all i care.jaja although i think hes gonna be heartbroken when he hears that mature's infinite is gone.but we certainly respect each other.

reynald has a unique style in my opinion,i really like the way he uses every hit and move each character has.he mixes everything the character has to offer and this makes him unpredictable.

hey the other day you got me thinking about the question you asked...whos the best out of all of us.well to be honest no one is the best.jaja you see,its like a cycle.if i come in and beat chris,then realkim comes in and beats me,then ramond comes in and beats kim.right now ramond is the one that has practiced the most out of all of us and i think thats why he's more competitive.but eventually when the game comes out on console then the team will balance out and the cycle will start again.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:38:54 PM by Kane317 »