Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547741 times)

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #660 on: October 10, 2010, 10:53:23 AM »

The regulars all have a hush hush guideline that if we're playing someone new, we try our best to make the match close so they'll be encourage to keep playing.

nice

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 10, 2010, 11:25:29 PM »

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 11, 2010, 06:13:32 AM »
I agree with the hush hush policy.  If somebody who's new to the scene/doesn't handle losing very well goes to an arcade and gets bodied for an hour straight, they will probably get discouraged or get into the mindset that they will only play when X player isn't there/playing. 

I think that with those situations, if you see somebody that you think is new, ask if they've played before and offer to teach them and whatnot.  That way, you show that you are willing to accept people into the community/teach people.  On top of that, you will most likely make a new friend :)

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 11, 2010, 08:14:03 AM »
I agree with the hush hush policy.  If somebody who's new to the scene/doesn't handle losing very well goes to an arcade and gets bodied for an hour straight, they will probably get discouraged or get into the mindset that they will only play when X player isn't there/playing. 

I think that with those situations, if you see somebody that you think is new, ask if they've played before and offer to teach them and whatnot.  That way, you show that you are willing to accept people into the community/teach people.  On top of that, you will most likely make a new friend :)
For me if I see that someone I'm playing is new to the game I'll coach that person as we are playing like tell him to start using this move or that move and explaining basic setups etc...
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 11, 2010, 10:23:36 AM »
So I headed to my local arcade today, all eager to see if they'd updated their KOF XIII machine. And indeed they had!

Buuuut, for some reason, the game no longer prompts you to choose your button layout (A-type or B-type). It just defaults to A. I'm sure this isn't because of the patch, since I'm sure someone would have mentioned it. It's probably some kind of option the arcade owner turned off. Still, it sucks for me since I've been playing B-type since the start. A-type feels really awkward to me, and messed up several of my combos.

I felt I just had to complain about this.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 11, 2010, 10:44:15 AM »
So I headed to my local arcade today, all eager to see if they'd updated their KOF XIII machine. And indeed they had!

Buuuut, for some reason, the game no longer prompts you to choose your button layout (A-type or B-type). It just defaults to A. I'm sure this isn't because of the patch, since I'm sure someone would have mentioned it. It's probably some kind of option the arcade owner turned off. Still, it sucks for me since I've been playing B-type since the start. A-type feels really awkward to me, and messed up several of my combos.

I felt I just had to complain about this.

It's just an option. Ask him to turn it back on.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 11, 2010, 11:02:38 AM »
It's just an option. Ask him to turn it back on.
I would if I thought my broken Japanese would be able to get the message across.

krazykone123

« Reply #667 on: October 11, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »

If you're gonna sit at an arcade machine and get bodied for an hour I think you should start asking the guy whose beating you down for tips

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 11, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
I sometimes prefer to lose one hour straight that think that I'm doing well in a game

At least 6 months ago I has been totally raped on KOF 98 UM and RBF2, without winning any rounds and sometimes with perfects

After that time, I'm still not better than most of them, but at least now I could get more wins everyday, pulling stuff that I could never think that I could pull, and being less afraid of fighting characters that I feel were super strong

If somebody really wants to learn a game, and really likes, a losing streak shouldn't discourage them

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 11, 2010, 09:52:59 PM »
rb2 is pretty much the best ff game out there. if only tickthrows where addesd so it wouldnt become such a turtle fest on higher levels. snkp needs to rerelease this on psn and live, and add tickthrows. this game is beast.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 11, 2010, 10:21:21 PM »
yep, totally agree, IMO is the only game that needs another release together with KOF XI, and maybe MIRA, but that one I don't care

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 12, 2010, 01:22:02 AM »
Not big news, but KOF XIII is still in 7th place in Japanese Arcades, according to Arcadia.

Image is too big to post (apparently the forum doesn't resize it), so just copy and paste link:
Code: [Select]
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_N40H14oImOA/TLL2yW-kq_I/AAAAAAAAA6o/R__2jk8assY/s1600/IMG_0895.JPG-Taken from http://www.kof-uk.blogspot.com/

All credits to KusoGaki :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:27:18 PM by Delta »

KusoGaki

• Rising Dragon
  • King of Fighters [UK]
    • View Profile
    • King of Fighters [UK]
« Reply #672 on: October 12, 2010, 02:27:29 AM »
Not big news, but KOF XIII is still in 7th place in Japanese Arcades, according to Arcadia.

Image is too big to post (apparently the forum doesn't resize it), so just copy and paste link:
Code: [Select]
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_N40H14oImOA/TLL2yW-kq_I/AAAAAAAAA6o/R__2jk8assY/s1600/IMG_0895.JPG
I hope more people play it, now that the update is done.

Nice to know people actually don't bother reading what i say on my blog:

Just one last thing, is that i have noticed and been told that people are using my photos of Arcadia on other sites without asking or linking back to my blog.

I don't mind if people want to use my photos, just as long as you link back to my blog or at the very least mention it.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 12, 2010, 04:17:46 AM »
I agree with the hush hush policy.  If somebody who's new to the scene/doesn't handle losing very well goes to an arcade and gets bodied for an hour straight, they will probably get discouraged or get into the mindset that they will only play when X player isn't there/playing.

If you're gonna sit at an arcade machine and get bodied for an hour I think you should start asking the guy whose beating you down for tips

That is what they should do, but they don't for whatever reason (maybe pride?) Hence, the hush hush rule to ensure they stick around. So far, it's worked well.

@delta, please modify your post to include the correct credit to KusoGaki please :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:20:54 AM by Kane317 »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 12, 2010, 07:28:40 PM »
@KusoGaki

Sorry man, i really didn't read that part :( , post edited.