Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547846 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #675 on: October 12, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »
Glad XIII didn't lose its place in the list prior to the release of the patch, good chances it will make it to next month's list as well then.

3rd Strike still fighting the good fight I see, guess SF4 isn't as popular there as it is in NA, unless they ditched the arcades for the console SSF4 or are waiting for the arcade edition.

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 12, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »
Good news on the arcade list top ten.  KOF XIII seems to be redeeming it self..it's doing better than 2002 UM.  I personally like 98 UM more but 2002 UM seemed like the most popular one.

I'm glad the 2D SF is doing better than 3D SF, hope things like this come to the notice of Capcom management...

Question to the AI regulars:  when you apply the unspoken rule..do new players notice something fishy or are they shocked at when you guys play each other? haha

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 12, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »
I think that SF IV will be at top again after the realease of arcade edition

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 13, 2010, 12:01:54 AM »
Question to the AI regulars:  when you apply the unspoken rule..do new players notice something fishy or are they shocked at when you guys play each other? haha

I'd like to think I make it the most convincing since there's very little acting involved with me haha; among the regulars I probably need the most work if you know what I mean.  For me, it's more like character selection (they usually won't see my Chin/Shen unless I'm playing the regulars).  When I play random, I'm kinda clueless too so it looks normal heh.  

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 13, 2010, 05:06:40 AM »
I think that SF IV will be at top again after the realease of arcade edition

has sf4 even been top? gundam, t6br & bb & ggac have pretty much remained top 4 for as long as i can remember.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 13, 2010, 06:17:29 AM »
I was speaking of the TOP 10 : P

I think that the best thaT sf iv did was third or fourth place by the first months when was released

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 13, 2010, 06:20:57 AM »
Good news on the arcade list top ten.  KOF XIII seems to be redeeming it self..it's doing better than 2002 UM.  I personally like 98 UM more but 2002 UM seemed like the most popular one.

I'm glad the 2D SF is doing better than 3D SF, hope things like this come to the notice of Capcom management...

Wonderful news. Agreed about SF 2D as well. Arcade edition may become popular again, but I bet 3S will still outlast. Can't wait to see the numbers for XIII grow.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #682 on: October 13, 2010, 10:38:16 AM »
Interesting note coming from MMCafe's Professor (japan):

Amongst players that are still playing KOFXIII, things are starting to take the same path as they did back with the awfully unbalanced arcade version of KOFXI. That is, the players are proposing ratio styled matches for tournaments, meaning that if you pick the stronger characters, you'll need to chose the weaker characters for the rest of your team. The latest proposal for the ratios via Shitarababbs was this. It probably needs some more tuning though.

Alloted Maximum Ratio = 5

Ratio / Character
5 K', Raiden
4 Kyo, Elisabeth, Takuma
3 Andy, Iori, Shen, Kula
2 Robert, Chin, Yuri, Maxima, Leona, Ash, Benimaru, Kim
1 Duolon, Goro, Terry, Clark, Hwa, King
0 Joe, Kensou, Athena, Ralf, Ryo, Mai, Mature, Vice

So, is Mature low tier now?......

What do you think? If the game is really so bad balanced I think ratio matches could be a good solution. I mean, even the game should include this ratio matches for a next patch or for the console version. Ratio match mode in CVS, for example, was a nice way to have a balanced team. I think this game mode for console version could be cool (at least as alternative game mode).

P.D: Oh, no. My main team is between 1-0 ratio  O_o  I'm going to suffer with this game...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:48:12 AM by Shiranui_ninja »

JeremyH

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 13, 2010, 11:40:03 AM »
It's not a bad idea, assuming the balance is that bad, but I think further testing would be needed to decide ratios for each character

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 13, 2010, 11:54:28 AM »
Far to early to call that, game has only had one major tournament showing and it still isn't that old yet really.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 13, 2010, 01:23:31 PM »
Guess that's a sign that there will not be a balanced patch coming?  Oh well.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 13, 2010, 01:33:12 PM »
Far to early to call that, game has only had one major tournament showing and it still isn't that old yet really.

I think it's just about time (3 months), the ratios can adjust over time but they're not going to change that much.  I agree with most of the tiering except maybe Mature should be at the 3 level (even without her infinite) and Iori should be at 4 IMHO.

Guess that's a sign that there will not be a balanced patch coming?  Oh well.

Just means not anytime soon, who knows in a month or so, we'll see.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #687 on: October 13, 2010, 01:42:47 PM »
A patch is quite expensive for SNKP. It's not about make an update online, is send a new HDD cabinet, if I'm not wrong. So, it's difficult see a balancing patch for now. But maybe in future, they could release some kind of expansion revision with more characters and balancing features.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 13, 2010, 01:58:27 PM »
For being ratio 2 leona and kim are FUCKING beasts

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 13, 2010, 02:13:59 PM »
For being ratio 2 leona and kim are FUCKING beasts

Yeah honestly, there's all sort of wrong with that list. Takuma over Kula? Hwa and Clark over Mature and Vice?

Aside from K' and Raiden, who are clearly ahead of the pack, though still very much beatable, I would put the vast majority of the rest in A and B class, with barely any in C. The game's balance isn't that bad really without the aforementioned two, based on the vids seen. Its like MOTW in that regard, there are tiers but most of the cast is viable.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:16:25 PM by Diavle »