Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547891 times)

phoenix

Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #885 on: October 29, 2010, 10:57:26 PM »
I might write 3 pages reply on how I hate the mechanics especially the command throw :S

I am 100% interested on how you can hate the command throw.. In what way does it work any different from command throws in any other street fighter ever? The only difference is that after hitstun/blockstun there's  absolutely no frames om throw invincibility, this just means you can't mash your way out of tickthrows. That's a good thing.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 29, 2010, 11:37:03 PM »
Alright guys, leave the other fighter hate for another thread at least.  SF isn't my cup of tea but if we're going to really grow this community we gotta respect other games as well.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 30, 2010, 12:36:52 AM »
Alright guys, leave the other fighter hate for another thread at least.  SF isn't my cup of tea but if we're going to really grow this community we gotta respect other games as well.

That is exactly why I stopped posting in the Cibernetico thread about KOF being a 1v1 game.
I could spend hours talking about SF but there is no point.
This forum was created to support KOF, gather people who like it, grow the scene in the states, etc.
SF is a very maintream game, wich means a looooooooot of people like it, wich means that if you say something bad about it, people will jump right out to defend it. It's just numbers.
While I always encourage debate and I think it is great to discuss about absolutelly every kind of topic (games, politics, sex, sports, human behavor, whatever) it will always end in the same way in this case. "Hey, SF 4 is a piece of shit!" "Ah, you don´t know what your are talking about, it is a masterpiece, you just don´t have the skills to play at a high level". It will just go on and on and on. In my case it is even worse, since to me it is difficult to type in English so I decided to stop wasting time talking about why I don´t like SF 4, it is just not worth the time for me.
There is a place to talk about SF 4, and that is Shoryuken. You can share your love for it and post your hate comments for it (but better be ready for what´s coming to you, ha ha).

Now, back to KOF XIII, reading Dr.Faust's posts reminds me that the only thing that I really don´t like about this game is how you can juggle everytime. I know I am part of a minority here but that's how I feel about it.
I don´t like the fact that you can juggle so much, for free, that you can even do the same atack a couple of times and keep juggling (if you are in HD mode, that's a different story). I see combos that with doing a cancel, in wich the characters do the exact same atack over and over, I just don´t dig that.
I know most people like it, but I dont.
Anyway, besides that, this game is really looking extrematelly cool and I really REALLY wanna play it.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 30, 2010, 01:31:50 AM »
Now, back to KOF XIII, reading Dr.Faust's posts reminds me that the only thing that I really don´t like about this game is how you can juggle everytime. I know I am part of a minority here but that's how I feel about it.
I don´t like the fact that you can juggle so much, for free, that you can even do the same atack a couple of times and keep juggling (if you are in HD mode, that's a different story). I see combos that with doing a cancel, in wich the characters do the exact same atack over and over, I just don´t dig that.
I know most people like it, but I dont.
Anyway, besides that, this game is really looking extrematelly cool and I really REALLY wanna play it.

If I'm not mistaken, the juggle anywhere property wasn't introduced until XI, I could be wrong but even if there was before XI it was so rare.  

Now, with the introduction of Ex moves, I think the juggle anywhere property has its place, it works well with Hwa (Ex dp+K), Vice (Ex hcf+K)...IMHO not so well for Liz and Raiden (but good for them lol).  Characters that have limited options like Hwa and Vice could use it, whereas if you took the properties away from Liz an Raiden they would still be good.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:40:10 AM by Kane317 »

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 30, 2010, 07:04:29 PM »
I might write 3 pages reply on how I hate the mechanics especially the command throw :S

I am 100% interested on how you can hate the command throw.. In what way does it work any different from command throws in any other street fighter ever? The only difference is that after hitstun/blockstun there's  absolutely no frames om throw invincibility, this just means you can't mash your way out of tickthrows. That's a good thing.

I hate the fact that the command throw became an essential tool for the game. Anyway Kane wishes to stop here so I won't elaborate more.

Off topic
Snkp radomly released 2002 UM for XBOX. 3rd november my ass lol. It is up for download

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 30, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
Aren't most of the features restricted, though?  That's what was said on SRK.  Unless they're lying.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #891 on: October 30, 2010, 08:55:26 PM »
Aren't most of the features restricted, though?  That's what was said on SRK.  Unless they're lying.

Just online play, basically (You get disconnected from Live while playing). Other than that, full game, full working.

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 31, 2010, 06:43:13 AM »
Hay Has Dandy J played this game yet
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 31, 2010, 07:43:50 AM »
Isn't this supposed to be "unveiled" at Oni Con with SNKP sponsoring some stuff?  Why hasn't anyone talked about that yet?

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 31, 2010, 10:00:36 AM »
Btw anyone knows the dates of Oni con?

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 31, 2010, 10:10:01 AM »
Oni Con started on Friday October 29.  It goes until Sunday 31st.  One more day left of Oni Con.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 31, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »
Isn't this supposed to be "unveiled" at Oni Con with SNKP sponsoring some stuff?  Why hasn't anyone talked about that yet?

This is the only thing I have seen about KOFXIII in Oni Con: http://www.snk-capcom.com/?p=3445#more-3445

There was just a tournament, it seems SNK-CAPCOM will update later on with their interview with SNKP USA. Well that is my assumption.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 31, 2010, 10:39:08 AM »
Guy on the 1p side was SFing it up with Robert.  Kinda felt like he was GUILING with Kim too.  Nice to see other people besides Arcade Infinity play it though.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 31, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »
Nice to see other people besides Arcade Infinity play it though.

Technically Arcade UFO over at Texas has the game too, but we have yet to see one post about it except Nilcam's first impression (and I don't believe he's been back since that visit).  Strange.  I want nothing but more people to play this game.  

Oh and on that note, I met Norris today at AI (sup Norris I know you lurk here) who apparently is a reader but doesn't post.  We traded games for 2 hours and it was refreshing to see a new face who definitely knew what he was doing due to previous KOFs but I haven't bumped into him once since it's been out.  It always trips me out when I say I help out at DC.com they ask, "am I Kane317?" Lol (guess my Chin avatar gives it away since I pick him all the time at AI).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 12:31:06 PM by Kane317 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 31, 2010, 02:37:55 PM »
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/godsgarden

Check this out guys, there is a stream of Mago VS Daigo for SF4 on Godsgarden.

Whats of interest to us is that even though its SF4 they have two KOF13 arcade machines setup in the middle (they are the only machines there actually) and show one guy go at it in practice mode over and over. They talked to the guy playing it and said some stuff but I didn't get any of it. Could they be possibly thinking of taking on 13? That would be too awesome.

EDIT: They stopped streaming him but you can still see both the machines and the guy playing in the background on the commentator cam.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:41:33 PM by Diavle »