Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 553894 times)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1200 on: January 01, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »
Come to think of it, it seems that Takuma has been totally abandoned by players doesn't it? He seemed good enough without his EX bug to me. Could it be that people are just bored with him now?

I see a number of people still playing Takuma where I'm at and he's still pretty good. I don't know about other places though.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1201 on: January 02, 2011, 05:23:09 PM »
Via Madman's Cafe's Professor (And thanks to Frankfurt on GAF for bringing it to my attention), a tale of a possible former SNKP employee, and the desperation they have worked under in the past few years:

For anyone wondering where some of the recent rumors regarding SNKP's situation with the KOF franchise's current development statuses are coming from, it stems from a programmer, who supposedly worked for the company and quit in late September after six years under their payroll.

I was taking it with a grain of salt and didn't think it was worth a mention due to lack of legitimacy until recently, when I realized that he was talking together with Dokimajo producer Yoshiyasu Matsushita about the company's internal situation.

His tweets has some very.. 'raw' tidbits, such as this entry
"Around the end of the development period, I was sleeping under my desk with a towel rolled around me, laying on newspaper. It's just memories now, like the way how I almost caught a cold with the air conditioner on while asleep, or like how I hit my head on my desk when I woke up. XII's console [development] period was seriously really bad."

He avoids from directly naming his ex-company, but there's quite a bit of entries about the workplace and its treatment. Like the way how his supervisor ordered the staff to work on a sleepover for a full week without letting them go home (note: the company doesn't have a shower room), or how he wasn't allowed to even get a replacement for a very unconfortable chair and had to wait for another staff to quit to swap it. The company simply seems to be tight on money.

I symphasize with this programmer. He very obviously loves coding, enough that he'd buy expensive reference books on his own money since his company isn't willing to pick up the expense.

For anyone nutty enough to scroll all the way to the end of September to read some entries of what seems to be about XIII's home port situation, feel free.

Some snippets, but not all, are provided below. The figures sound small, and I think he's just talking in terms of programmers... or is he. Either way, it can somewhat explain the bad net code in XII.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Highlight to view) -

"It seems like the rest has to be done by two staffs and one part-timer at my company too.. I guess there's a lot of projects like that." *1

"I quit without worrying because they were saying that the home port is going to be outsourced" *2

"I heard later that they were going to do it in-house, and I'm feeling like, errm hey...?" *3

"Just to add, the previous home version for the PS3 and Xbox360 was developed with 5 people, so as a company, they might have been thinking that "it's no problem if just one or two people left." Leaving results are important, but I don't like the idea that we left a weird previous instance..." *4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 03, 2011, 12:17:21 AM »
HAHAHAHHA.  Any hope of decent netcode must be gone by now.  Oh well. 
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 03, 2011, 12:35:01 AM »
lol

I hope they engaged someone for XIII netcode

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 03, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »
Well he left in September, and lots of thing happened in this time frame (New President if I'm not wrong)

It's not like those tweets were from october, november and december

Waifu Material

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 03, 2011, 03:15:02 AM »
well VS is a whole different entity. that game never had any stigma against it, and people generally like the game. just, at the time, it was vastly overshadowed. not to keep beating the same drum but, it's capcom and this is america (fans eat capcom for breakfast, lunch, and dinner). let's face it, KOF/SNK and its fans have a very large stigma. if you've tried introducing these games outside of anyone besides your friends, i'm sure you've see the reactions. the fanbase is viewed as "illiterate" and "fobs" and the gameplay is often mocked as "derivative" since its gameplay is really different. there have already been great discussions at length as to why attempts are so unsuccessful. mind you, that people are definitely trying. i really don't think it's lack of effort, it's the lack of openmindedness. tone from norcal pushes KOF pretty heavy sometimes and always wants to play, but he never has any luck. when i used to hold regular sessions i got people to play and learn a bit but they didn't stick with it. even at EVO '10 there were setups and supposed sidetourneys that never happened cause no one cared. i think it was summed up best at socal regionals during grand finals when an onlooker said "KOF XIII is probably a really good game, but i just don't have any interest in it at all." you can't win against people who choose to stay ignorant. that's why so many people have given up on trying to create scenes and pushing the games. but, if you keep playing the games and keep the passion alive, people will take notice. that's about all you can really do. you can't force people to like the games. it might be overlapping with what was said in the EVO 2011 thread, but just because more people see the game doesn't mean they'll embrace it.
Same shit has been said about Melty and it got into EVO, despite all the ridicule and shittalking they kept showing up to tournaments, even if they were just side status. They kept trying build something up. I admit KoF has a bit more stigma than MB due to it's reutation here in the states, but that's not gonna hold it back that much. Seriously, this year at EVO I'm going to try my best to get some stuff happening, and everyone here that wants XIII to be successful should try to.

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 03, 2011, 07:20:59 AM »
Well he left in September, and lots of thing happened in this time frame (New President if I'm not wrong)

It's not like those tweets were from october, november and december
this programmer was wokring on XII,not XIII

or the last part is about XIII?...if so....

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARE THEY FUCKING PORT THE GAME IN....A FUCKING HOUSE?

Its like I tought...all those months without ANY news means that snkp is fucked up(prolly because of a bad financial situation)..and so the game is going to be release in late 2011 just for japan....... without a good netcode and...god even the training mode will be fucked up

fuck.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:51:17 AM by Gramas »

krazykone123

« Reply #1207 on: January 03, 2011, 08:20:13 AM »
HAHAHAHHA.  Any hope of decent netcode must be gone by now.  Oh well.

Maybe they'll putz around with the netcode and end up with something freaky like NGBC.

Same shit has been said about Melty and it got into EVO, despite all the ridicule and shittalking they kept showing up to tournaments, even if they were just side status. They kept trying build something up. I admit KoF has a bit more stigma than MB due to it's reutation here in the states, but that's not gonna hold it back that much. Seriously, this year at EVO I'm going to try my best to get some stuff happening, and everyone here that wants XIII to be successful should try to.

Gotta echo this quote right chere, so very true.

With that said can we finally move pass this "Comparison Fighter IV" mentality? it's getting monotonous.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:22:23 AM by krazykone123 »

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:37 AM »
As much as I don't like him and disagree with him about allot of things DigimonEmporer is right about one thing, more people need to go out and try some more local stuff. We're not gonna get XIII into EVO just sitting on our thumbs now and waiting & hoping the game gets picked up by more people.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 03, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »
Though there seems to be a rumor of Capcom/Snk appear at CES 2011, heres the link
http://www.cesweb.org/docs/2011_Gaming_Showcase_Flyer.pdf scroll down to Attendees from game companies
If it's true, it seems really strange

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 03, 2011, 06:37:13 PM »
Capcom/SNK, that is really something. I hope is a typo.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 03, 2011, 06:41:37 PM »
Maybe it means Capcom is publishing the game in America?  Ignition said they weren't gonna do it this time around and Capcom loves them fighting games.  Perhaps more exposure?

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 03, 2011, 06:48:22 PM »
Lol this page of comments made me sad and hyped at the same time:S

Is there a possibility that Capcom will publish the home port of kof xiii? Or maybe a presentation of CvS3?

EDIT: On a second thought CvS is not possible at the moment cause capcom is working on 3 titles with marvel and namco. So I think most probably Capcom will publish XIII outside Japan. OMG I can't wait until the 6th of January

Capcom/SNK, that is really something. I hope is a typo.

WHY? ><
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:54:29 PM by JohnCrawley »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 03, 2011, 07:07:11 PM »
Capcom is monopolizing the fighting games industry. I think is fair another companies try to do their best without Capcom help. Arc Systems is doing it pretty decent, Midway failed but now MK series are re-birthing with WB. why not SNKPlaymore?

Besides that, I think is a typo. SNK doesn't exist, it's SNKPlaymore.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 03, 2011, 08:04:35 PM »
Because I would hate to see a noob friedly 6 button KOF game just to cater to the Capcom fans. In other words for KOF to sell it's soul to the devil to make a buck.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof