Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1037673 times)

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1575 on: June 29, 2011, 03:34:55 AM »
This video does a great job at showing how much the addition of EX moves added to the KoF cast; It's like getting a mix of the various properties / variations they've had for their moves over the years, plus fresh, new ideas.

Systems come and go in KOF but I seriously hope that SNK keeps EX moves and Drive Canceling permanently in the series from now on.

EX moves and DC canceling is something ive been wanting in kof since before kof 96 got released. i knew back then it was the future for kof, too bad snk/p only realized it just now. i doubt theyd be stupid enough to change EX moves or DC cancelling in the future. its what kof should have been YEARS ago.

But back then, there was also the issue of hardware restrictions. I remember their blog translation about wanting to add Joe's NeoMax, for example, for the longest time but couldn't do it because of said restrictions.

In KOF2003 Joe's LDM was kinda of his new NEOMAX.. except the fancy effects xD
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:38:40 AM by fiol »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1576 on: June 29, 2011, 03:35:48 AM »
notice how he uses 95 themes a lot, that that good shit.

Arranged version at that. Using Funky Esaka on the Orochinagi combo video was win.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 29, 2011, 06:14:17 AM »
I only know the arranged themes bgtw. i sold my aes cause i was too young to buy the carts (too expensive for a kid my age, shouldnt have bought an aes in the first place).

ive had a neo cd since it came out. sold it but bought a cdz in its place, i still got that cdz. ive always had great experiences with neo cd music, its > any other fighting game music i know of. only capcoms very best themes come close, and there aint nearly as many good ones as neo ones. snk from 93 to 99 was untouched in music and gameplay when it came to fighters imo. capcom had DS series and TS, thats it for me.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1578 on: June 30, 2011, 04:50:11 AM »

Edit: This guy is crazy awesome! "Missed" NeoMax comboing into his EX DM? It's like his EX DM should be his NeoMax. xD

And ow. I would never suspect he could combo Close D, df+B, unblockable DM. Why did this connect? Why didn't Vice's Withering Surface connect back when she had it? D; I swear, more reasons to hate (or love) that super.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:13:00 AM by Aenthin »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1579 on: June 30, 2011, 05:38:58 AM »
Wow, Hwa's amount of Air carry on Combo 20 is absolutely superb. I would have though he'd be stuck returning to the ground after 1 rep or 2. Why hasn't Japan shown us all that kinda useage yet? :(

Do goes such strong damage whenever he lands his EX DM, too. And he looks so fun to play... Not many characters in fighters can dance through the air like that, without it being a pre-animated super move...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 30, 2011, 06:03:53 AM »

Edit: This guy is crazy awesome! "Missed" NeoMax comboing into his EX DM? It's like his EX DM should be his NeoMax. xD

Not to take anything away from DDTC's obvious hard work in that video, but the NM --> Ex DM has been seen before many months ago in some of the videos.  I can't remember if it was in his thread or match video, but I remember it was back when I wasn't as organized with the video thread section lol (and before we knew KCE was going to churn out a gazillion videos). EDIT: Found some here and a couple more in his thread.

Wow, Hwa's amount of Air carry on Combo 20 is absolutely superb. I would have though he'd be stuck returning to the ground after 1 rep or 2. Why hasn't Japan shown us all that kinda useage yet? :(

Once again, not to put Japan on a pedestal, but we have seen some Hwas beasting back in the opening months.   Also, objectively speaking, creating a combo video isn't the same as doing it in real matches--that's why.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:14:48 AM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1581 on: June 30, 2011, 06:25:15 AM »
Once again, not to put Japan on a pedestal, but we have seen some Hwas beasting back in the opening months.   Also, objectively speaking, creating a combo video isn't the same as doing it in real matches--that's why.

Eh, they've had like... a year for someone in a KCE Vid (or something similiar) to show that Hwa could do something like that... I don't fault them for the corner combos they've done with him (not in the least, it's great to see when it happens), but they've done some really straight-forward stuff over and over.

It's kinda like Bala's King; even though I'd agree that it'd be hard to pressure most JP players like that before they'd GCCD you away or something, over almost a year of footage, there's been very, very little JP play that did much more than use her as a zoner.

But hey, I guess that's "high level" and "competative" play for you; creativity and showing off takes a lower rung than victory, and actually making back some of the money you might have used to get there!

Ultimately, however, it's a good thing that this game is so robust, that you can still see some highly under-utilized situations and tactics. It'd be great to see a Hwa take the "Shen or Iori last spot" on a team beforehand, but it'll also be great to get that chance myself, without so many past impression sin mind, come console release.

At any rate, a very welcome sight. The Hype meter continues to raise....

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 30, 2011, 05:14:32 PM »

And ow. I would never suspect he could combo Close D, df+B, unblockable DM. Why did this connect? Why didn't Vice's Withering Surface connect back when she had it? D; I swear, more reasons to hate (or love) that super.

Why has it taken this long to see the properties of a missed NeoMax or a DM after activating Drink Pink? I wonder how much of Japan knows what it's missing with a character like that. Even without the excessive use of meter, Hwa's got several things going for him; he's a great replacement as Kim team's Choi. His aerial play in XIII looks unmatched now.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 30, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »
um kane is right, all of this hwa shit was seen like a year ago. you guys have bad memmories and you probably dont even smoke ganja, whats wrong with you guys ;).

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1584 on: June 30, 2011, 05:53:32 PM »
Not really. Loads of Japanese Hwa's JP players do maybe 2 instances of Air carry, into the corner, and then begin doing the Dragon Tail that pops him down-backwards, letting him land on the ground, and Dragon Kick back in. I'm specifically talking more on the forward moving Dragon Tail, to Dragon Kick, to Dragon Tail, to Dragon Kick.

Most of Japan's playing of Hwa would lead me to think that he has a similiar problem to King, in that he has a hard time doing full-screen carry, and could only take an opponents from 3/4th of a screen over into the corner. But that appears not to be the case.

It's not too big a deal, but as much as you see the same corner-carry HD combos with Shen, Andy, Takuma, and Iori, it'd be nice to see one like this get used more often.

Regardless, just more fun for us who won't be sticking our teams solidly to the tier / ratio listings. A Chin / Maxima / Hwa Jai team sounds pretty fun right about now... ;)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 30, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »

Because Japan has reached it's max potential at this game and they decided to seal their fate on Shen, K' and Raiden. Wait till other regions pick up the game then you'll see the rest of the cast to their full potential.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 30, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »
No
Because Japan has reached it's max potential at this game and they decided to seal their fate on Shen, K' and Raiden. Wait till other regions pick up the game then you'll see the rest of the cast to their full potential.

You're a funny man.  I lol'd.  You must really resent Shens.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 30, 2011, 06:38:12 PM »
OT?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 01, 2011, 05:47:05 AM »
um kane is right, all of this hwa shit was seen like a year ago. you guys have bad memmories and you probably dont even smoke ganja, whats wrong with you guys ;).

It'd be easier to remember if they'd kept using Hwa. It's hard enough finding a match that didn't include a K' you know.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 01, 2011, 06:15:27 AM »
hes the kind of guy who can ocv entire teams, but needs barsa to do that. i think most people just orefer different anchors. shame actually cause a good hwa is nice to see.