Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027512 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #885 on: March 14, 2011, 08:56:55 PM »
what situation are you talking about?

Well the bait (at least I'm assuming it was a bait cause he did EX burn knuckle from full screen and then went for RT) was around 33:06. Earlier at 27:01 he did something similar but it was more of a defensive maneuver. I know RT is good for halting momentum but I kinda feel like you should be prepared to cancel it if it gets blocked, or hell even if it doesn't get blocked.

I see where you are coming from, but canceling a RT on reaction is really hard I actually think it's not possible. From what I see when the Terry players cancel RT is because they all ready knew they were going to cancel it.

Yeah that's ridiculous to ask of most players, though I may toy around with always canceling RT in non-combo/anti-air situations. In that sense, I'll always know I'm going to cancel it, it's just too risky to throw out on it's own.

Pretty sure you need to cancel Rising Tackle on the first hit. Also you can't drive cancel on blocked special attacks unless it's in HD mode.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 14, 2011, 11:01:55 PM »

Well the bait (at least I'm assuming it was a bait cause he did EX burn knuckle from full screen and then went for RT) was around 33:06. Earlier at 27:01 he did something similar but it was more of a defensive maneuver. I know RT is good for halting momentum but I kinda feel like you should be prepared to cancel it if it gets blocked, or hell even if it doesn't get blocked.

I see where you are coming from, but canceling a RT on reaction is really hard I actually think it's not possible. From what I see when the Terry players cancel RT is because they all ready knew they were going to cancel it.

Yeah that's ridiculous to ask of most players, though I may toy around with always canceling RT in non-combo/anti-air situations. In that sense, I'll always know I'm going to cancel it, it's just too risky to throw out on it's own.

Pretty sure you need to cancel Rising Tackle on the first hit. Also you can't drive cancel on blocked special attacks unless it's in HD mode.

Exactly, however about canceling I'm pretty sure I've anccidentally cancel Liz's DP into fireball on a block string before.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 15, 2011, 12:25:45 AM »
I saw what you were talking about and yes it is a bait, but a super risky bait at that. At a certain distance you can do a BK and be safe, so if you suspect they are gonna try throw or stick anything out for the punish you can beat it with a rising tackle, if you stick anything else out they will beat you. A player savvy to that trick will wait for you to do it then punish real hard, it works 100 % on new players or people that don't play that character often, and yeah there is no canceling out of rising tackle unless you are in HD mode or land a the hit

I saw what you were talking about and yes it is a bait, but a super risky bait at that. At a certain distance you can do a BK and be safe, so if you suspect they are gonna try throw or stick anything out for the punish you can beat it with a rising tackle, if you stick anything else out they will beat you. A player savvy to that trick will wait for you to do it then punish real hard, it works 100 % on new players or people that don't play that character often, and yeah there is no canceling out of rising tackle unless you are in HD mode or land a the hit
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 15, 2011, 01:00:43 AM »

Exactly, however about canceling I'm pretty sure I've anccidentally cancel Liz's DP into fireball on a block string before.

In the beginning I've tried to drive cancel many different things on block, confirming multiple times DC does not work in block unless it's in HD mode. You probably saw something that looked like it, or found a bug =/

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 15, 2011, 02:54:37 AM »
Aw well...learn something everyday!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 17, 2011, 11:41:20 AM »
Combo Guide - Iori Team from Smoai

KOF XIII IORI TEAM COMBO MOVIE(ふわふわコンボ 庵チーム)

I'm totally loving Mature combos. Metal Messacre is never seen, (looks like Mature players don't find this move useful in XIII..) but from what I see in this vid is an important key for combos.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:45:25 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 17, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »
The last vice combo was just....wow.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 17, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »

I'm totally loving Mature combos. Metal Messacre is never seen, (looks like Mature players don't find this move useful in XIII..) but from what I see in this vid is an important key for combos.

Wow Mature looks real interesting right about now...time to say goodbye to Chin.

or Shen.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 17, 2011, 11:58:25 PM »

Wow Mature looks real interesting right about now...time to say goodbye to Chin.

or Shen.

Shen then. Please keep Chin
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 18, 2011, 12:43:26 AM »

or Shen.

Shen then. Please keep Chin

Haha, you can't pry Chin from dead hands =)

The last vice combo was just....wow.

Yeah, hilarious.  Did you see how perfect his meter built up?  Watch careful it's pure pwnage.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 01:02:47 AM by Kane317 »

StolenHope

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 18, 2011, 01:46:50 AM »
Kane317 your Chin is a beast i never knew he could be that pwning lol

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 20, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »
New Vids. Nice Joe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpCjg1tTVHk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Um00779R6c

That was a great Joe player. And so glad to see versatility too; Ryo and Duo put up decent fights against K', Terry showing of what looks like a great 1-meter BnB combo, Leona's team-sweep. Best XIII vid I've seen in a while.

In the second vid around 13:10, that's the first time I've seen Kyo cancel from Fireball into aerial Orochinagi.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:23:51 PM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

No.17

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 20, 2011, 09:54:52 PM »

Hi everyone.
This movie was made in my friend SHIMA and Tomo who play in a-cho, Japan. :)
(Smoai copied this video from Nico that is Japanese movie website, but I don't know who.)
And now, they are making female fighting team's combo. Coming up soon! :D

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 20, 2011, 10:00:02 PM »

Hi everyone.
This movie was made in my friend SHIMA and Tomo who play in a-cho, Japan. :)
(Smoai copied this video from Nico that is Japanese movie website, but I don't know who.)
And now, they are making female fighting team's combo. Coming up soon! :D

Good shit Kunio!!! thanks for the update I'm looking forward to the next vid!!! ( I know you are seating next to me lol)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof