Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1044771 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1320 on: May 26, 2011, 04:14:41 AM »
EDIT2: Who knew Kyo's Ex hcb+K, a command grab, had so much range.

Command grab? I always thought it was a short-ranged overhead.

Nope the D and B version are like his old running hit-based grab.  The Ex is just a command throw.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 26, 2011, 11:27:32 AM »

That was one heck of a start for the Leona v. Leona match.

Sweet Ralf combo.

Clark needs more tools.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:29:03 AM by Diavle »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1322 on: May 26, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »
EDIT2: Who knew Kyo's Ex hcb+K, a command grab, had so much range.

It's so odd, it looks better than the EX grabs of the ACTUAL GRAPPLERS, lol. People are more willing to use Kyo's EX grab than similiar ones from Vice, Clark, or Goro... (And really makes me wish King would get Illusion Dance back, if the EX could be THAT good!)

Sweet Ralf combo.

Clark needs more tools.

The Leona thing was awesome, as well as Ralf.

In regards to Clark... I wish you'd see the people make more use of the tools he has, as well. No one ever uses EX Vulcan punches, or his Step, well. Not to mention Air Throws are kept to a minimum. Still would like to see a move or 2 derived out of the Step. They take the time to give him a new tool that's suppose to kinda replace his old runs, but no one uses it... so finding a way to make use of it would be great. Like a Clothesline for a Punch press after Step, and a Shining Wizard (that could be HD canceled at hit 1 into something else) for a Kick press...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 26, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »

Sweet Ralf combo.

Clark needs more tools.

Agree with SAB-CA that what Clark has isn't utilized like it should be, but that's a lot of the roster in the videos outside of the high tiers. A patient and even more skilled Clark might've taken two fighters easily. I'm really liking more Maxima use, and how the view takes the fight from one side of the stage to the next and almost back to the beginning, in seconds.

And did it look a little odd how two K's were both light and dark contrasts, like it was intentional?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 26, 2011, 11:12:49 PM »

Fer reals.  I linked it to Leona's thread because of that.

Clark needs more tools.

As an occasional Clark user, he definitely does but a lot of his stronger combos never get showcased.  Several are listed in his thread mainly revolving around [DC]'ing a juggled Vulcan Punch (rapid P) into more Gatling Attack (c.b~f+P).

In regards to Clark... I wish you'd see the people make more use of the tools he has, as well. No one ever uses EX Vulcan punches, or his Step, well. Not to mention Air Throws are kept to a minimum. Still would like to see a move or 2 derived out of the Step. They take the time to give him a new tool that's suppose to kinda replace his old runs, but no one uses it... so finding a way to make use of it would be great. Like a Clothesline for a Punch press after Step, and a Shining Wizard (that could be HD canceled at hit 1 into something else) for a Kick press...

I use his Ex Vulcan Punch into SABB (hcf+K) when I get a chance (it also does slightly more damage than just doing his UABB, hcb x2 DM) but it's no longer as easy to get in with him.  As for his Step (f+BD), it's not as useful as you think; even a blocked s.CD cancel into Step doesn't put them in stun long enough for mixups.  After a few times most opponents will punish you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:22:51 PM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1325 on: May 27, 2011, 01:01:20 AM »
As an occasional Clark user, he definitely does but a lot of his stronger combos never get showcased.  Several are listed in his thread mainly revolving around [DC]'ing a juggled Vulcan Punch (rapid P) into more Gatling Attack (c.b~f+P).

I guess that's just one of the things about this game; unless you're say Kula or K' (or Raiden), you really don't look too special without SOME meter use. And barely anyone is willing to use any on poor Clark. It'd sure be nice to see a Clark on camera do more than "Gattling... into gattling... into reset" over and over.

I use his Ex Vulcan Punch into SABB (hcf+K) when I get a chance (it also does slightly more damage than just doing his UABB, hcb x2 DM) but it's no longer as easy to get in with him.  As for his Step (f+BD), it's not as useful as you think; even a blocked s.CD cancel into Step doesn't put them in stun long enough for mixups.  After a few times most opponents will punish you.

Good to hear about the damage of EX Vulcan -> SAB being a bit higher, and that you actually use it! (Get vids! ^_^) Oh, but I understand the Step isn't as mighty as one might wish it was (I'd love to be able to do the old KoF XII :df;c *step* ;df;c *step* ;df;c *SAB* as a normal blockstring / B&B if it were.) I just wish you'd see people use it to either hop under approaching jumpers, or mix up with normal dash movement / following after retreat rolls. I guess that'd be another thing I'd ask for in the console release: Make STEP recovery better / cancelable, so it can be used at LEAST for blockstrings / meter building pressure combos.

I think the Youku vids even showed a Clark do ;dn;b, s.;b normal SAB as a combo (something I believe whiffed ALL THE TIME in XII, as Clark's cmnd grab range was the worse in game...), and you don't even see most players using THAT.

I really got the feeling that the player in this vid only used Clark... as a kinda-Ralf, because he really likes RALF. Played in that way, Clark really DOES simply look like a gimped Ralf.

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 28, 2011, 03:11:56 AM »
I know most of the users here have problems with Youku so i uploaded these videos on my utube channel:

[first part]
[second part]

they are from Beijing (2011.05.27)
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 28, 2011, 08:39:22 AM »
thank you.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 28, 2011, 09:18:36 AM »
This is what Professor posted in MMCafe today:

Quick heads up- Voice actor Michihiro Ichiki (the challenger in SNKP's KOFXIII strategy videos), Dune, and a few other players will be streaming live today at 5PM JST/Japan-time. What they'll be playing for a hefty 5 hours, I don't have the foggiest idea. Probably on console.

This will be a stream so it can't be run with the NicoRedirector.
http://nico.ms/lv50926372

Is it safe to get hype?

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 28, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »
They were playing 2002 um

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 31, 2011, 12:50:06 PM »
It's always a good day when there are new KCE videos! Courtesy of Smoai:

2011-05-22 KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その281第2回アニメ杯1-1
2011-05-22 KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その281第2回アニメ杯1-2
2011-05-22 KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その281第2回アニメ杯1-3

It's 13 people representing KCE vs. 13 people representing the U-Rushia Army. There are some special rules for this event I couldn't quite make out. But they do say that anything goes (which apparently means Raiden and Mai's throw bug are okay).

EDIT: If I had waited a few more hours, I would have seen some of the other videos he's added now.

2011-05-22 KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その281第2回アニメ杯1-4 <-- Leona <3
2011-05-21 KOF XIII 第2回関西対抗戦 Kyoto VS Osaka Part1 <-- No.17!
2011-05-21 KOF XIII 第2回関西対抗戦 Kyoto VS Osaka Part2
2011-05-21 KOF XIII 第2回関西対抗戦 兵庫 VS Kaoru.U(カオル・ウー) Part1 <-- The beast returns.
2011-05-21 KOF XIII 第2回関西対抗戦 兵庫 VS Kaoru.U(カオル・ウー) Part2
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:01:27 PM by Rex Dart »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 31, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »
Ryo fireball domination.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 31, 2011, 06:50:47 PM »
Mai's throw bug?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 31, 2011, 07:30:45 PM »
Mai's throw bug?
Apparently, if some characters try to throw Mai when she's in the corner, the throw can simple "miss." I don't know the details well, but remember seeing a video ages ago. To my knowledge, it's never been seen in an actual match video. It's situational enough to be almost a non-issue.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 31, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »
*is watching the 2nd video* OMG... wow...

These matches have to be the best ones I have seen in a while. All of them are great! A incredible Mature match, Awesome King combo, Amazing Ralf, Ryo ownage, Kyo using his NeoMAX as a finisher, wow, so much good stuff.  *keep watching*
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:58:25 PM by DarKaoZ »