Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027573 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #2085 on: October 07, 2011, 05:11:54 AM »
if he's as worked out as EX XI kyo but with EX moves that'll be some triple X shit. if they find a way to make EX mr karate different and interresting than these 3 will by far be the best worked out EX characters in a kof. normality EX characters lack moves and get shit like full screen fb's, now they are more fleshed out than ever.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2086 on: October 07, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »
KOF XIII: Athena combo tutorial - Athena the Psychic-Powered Idol.

Eesh. We've seen very little of what DDTC pulls off here in actual matches, lol. Athena is so under-used, but she really has great tools, and probably ranks right by Yuri in the "solid character who'se passed over for SHEN / K' " rank of things, lol.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 08, 2011, 02:56:52 PM »
if he's as worked out as EX XI kyo but with EX moves that'll be some triple X shit. if they find a way to make EX mr karate different and interresting than these 3 will by far be the best worked out EX characters in a kof. normality EX characters lack moves and get shit like full screen fb's, now they are more fleshed out than ever.

Yeah, agree. EX chrs in the past have been nice to have, but have all been lacking in polish. Hopefully with SNKP trying to do everything right, they'll be decent like Iori turned out to be. I'd be happy w/ something like NGBC Kyo.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2088 on: October 08, 2011, 03:33:25 PM »
2011-08-15 KOF XIII(Ver1.1) 8/15 地域対抗戦 【前編】

Haven't watched it myself yet, so no idea what to expect!

MUSOLINI: Yeah, I do agree these have the potential to be the best EX Characters that KoF has ever seen. It seems like since they're EX, it's easier for them to spend the time making original frames on more moves, rather than just getting the character art, and basic move animations right.

Iori looks to be turning out great so far, really hope Kyo has some NGBC in there. Mr. Karate is the one I'm looking forward to most, a shame we probably won't know much about these guys for a few weeks, possibly... wonder if initial plan was to let us know who they were before the original Oct. 25th release date, or after the game was out? They teased Japan early on with those fliers...

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: October 08, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »
More console videos from Gunsmith:
KOF XIII TAC robocop two vs tehray mesatsu set 1 console tournament

The next video is an oportunity to see Billy's stage in HD and also, to check Leona's Neomax, wich includes a new voice sample. Now she says "Ikimasu" as in the arcade, but after she hits the opponent, she says "sayounara". Sounds nice. I have to mention that those colours look awesome on Takuma.
KOF XIII TAC miena kage vs switchplaya 2. console tournament

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2090 on: October 08, 2011, 06:18:27 PM »
Sexy Leona voicework is Sexy, lol. Good to see a little bit of love for classic Rebel Spark returning!

Also, I never really noticed before, but there are phases to how Billy's clockworks come to life.

Pase 1: The intial guest of Krauser and Laurence + other dude. Only live gears are the ones closest to clock face.

Phase 2: Gears to the back of Player 1 come alive, as do some to the right of the walkway. The biggest gear near the center, and the machine to the right, are still idle.

Phase 3: The Big gear and machine are now active. Smoke starts to give off, as everything is fully under way. The meters on the machines react to the building pressure. The guest characters have returned, and now Lilly Kane watches on as well. Also, upon victory, all the steam shoots bellow, as if to cheer on your win.

Phase 4: The gears are moving faster, more steam is given off, and the machine to the right of player 2 shakes violently, as if it could explode. Not sure, but Lilly might me more animated now, as she starts to bop her head back and forward, and shrug as if to a tune in her head...

It's quite well animated. Nothing seems to happen outside (like moving clouds or setting sun), and the clock had doesn't seem to animate any, but it's very nice to see that even a stage like this can be filled with personality.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 08, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »
It seems the Rose-stadium stage no longer projects the fight on the TV in the background. That's a bit of a shame. It's amazing to me that these graphics can prove so taxing to the console hardware. I'm also really, really hoping that they can fix those load times. The music stopping between rounds would slowly drive me crazy.

And I know some people might just say "you can install the game." Yeah, I know that's a possible solution, but that won't be good enough for a casual player.

Never mind my negativity though. Thanks for the videos!

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: October 08, 2011, 07:04:58 PM »
Don´t worry, Rex.
The fight will still be projected in the screen at the Stadium.
Here, check in the Atlus trailer at 0.49. It is really fast but you can see Saiki fighting Billy and it is projected in the screen.
ATLUS Trailer: The King of Fighters XIII

Regarding loading times, I know that will be fix with the final version installed, and to me that is enough. I heard many games had the same issue so hopefully it won´t keep newcomers from getting the game.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: October 08, 2011, 07:07:42 PM »
The console vids were good.  Valiant effort by King to try and overcome what seems to be a HORRID matchup against Shen (especially as a Final Character). 
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: October 08, 2011, 10:51:26 PM »
2011-08-15 KOF XIII(Ver1.1) 8/15 地域対抗戦 【前編】

I really look down to those who choose both K' and Raiden in his team. I really do. For some reasons, I don't feel like they are using their real strength. Rather than that, I feel they are only using the strongest characters. I have absolutely no respect as a fighter for them.
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: October 08, 2011, 10:58:51 PM »
;-; But I use K'. I don't like Raiden as much as I like Maxima though.

I think Raiden is more dumb out of the two in Arcade, but tier-whoring happens everywhere. They want to win and not leave it up to them as players to decide that.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: October 08, 2011, 11:01:57 PM »
About those Iori videos: is that a remastered version of Arashi no Saxophone 2 in the background?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:08:17 PM by marchefelix »

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 08, 2011, 11:17:09 PM »

I think Raiden is more dumb out of the two in Arcade, but tier-whoring happens everywhere. They want to win and not leave it up to them as players to decide that.
Well...Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. m(_ _)m I think one of them is fine. You know, everybody want to use the strongest characters, so one of them is fine. However, both K' AND Raiden is totally over did it. Moreover, the third character that person chose was Shen. This is totally over powered, even in tournament. I cannot show any respect to this person who made this team choice. It just not fair to those who choose other "normal" characters.
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 09, 2011, 12:08:47 AM »

Well...Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. m(_ _)m I think one of them is fine. You know, everybody want to use the strongest characters, so one of them is fine. However, both K' AND Raiden is totally over did it. Moreover, the third character that person chose was Shen. This is totally over powered, even in tournament. I cannot show any respect to this person who made this team choice. It just not fair to those who choose other "normal" characters.

Oh, it's perfectly fair.  People want to not choose the "overpowered" characters, it's their own deal when they face those who use them.  But anything in most FG's, and this one is no exception, can be overcome by knowledge of the game, fundamentals, and just knowing what works and working at it.

People want to use K'/Raiden/Shen in Arcade, fine.  But they also have to remember since they're so overused, there's no surprise waiting in store, they know what's coming.  If I want to use Kensou(Duo)/King/Hwa Jai, that's fine, and I know I have to prepare myself for better characters.

But I'd also remember this if I were you.  Say they disallowed those three (or at least disallowed them from teaming up) in a tournament.  Do you honestly think there'd be more variety?  You don't think people wouldn't just jump on Liz, Andy, Kula and maybe even Kyo?  Every game tends to get funneled towards a group of characters, you just have to deal with it honestly.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Para Para Pony

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 09, 2011, 12:36:05 AM »
i'm truthfully of the opinion that your knowledge and reflexes are what defines skill. i don't think people would play any fighting game if they didn't believe they could take their favorite or most practiced characters into battle and win. i think some characters just have a shorter learning curve or better tools. for example, i have my own way i'd play against k' or raiden and sometimes when i watch matches i'm like "that's not how i'd use 'character.'" and i love watching the "low tier" characters kick the poo out of upper management. ^-^