Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404118 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2011, 01:31:25 PM »
Man, emotions that flip at the drop of a hat, lol.

I don't know about PS3 users, but for 360, the "Improved" XII netcode was pretty much equal to a 3 or lower 4 bar match in SFIV at the time. The friends I was playing in rotation with all pretty much agreed: with the right people, it was almost BETTER than SFIV, as once it settled, it didn't fluxuate, making it easier to have consistent responses. I was playing from online to offline back to back, and staying consistent with my gameplay and timing, something that really kinda sucks in Vanilla IV, as those games seemed to pause and de-sync in mid gameplay on occassion, which REALLY threw me off.

The XII improved code is a decent basis to START with, compared to what the game had beforehand (netcode that slowed down the games actual movement, in order to keep button presses consistent. Hence "Like fighting underwater!"), but yeah, I know the words we'd all like to hear involve things like "Pre-match synchronization" "Predictive buffers" and "Rollback".

But that's why it's a GOOD thing that this release is towards the end of the year, right? They have TIME to react to community expectations. I really wonder if Atlus knows what they're getting themselves into here; if they can really find a way to assist SNKP with meeting the communities demands, then that will be fantastic, and a lot of hard work!

I'l be most interested to see what becomes of our questions to Atlus, and what'll happen when they relay impressions to SNKP (again)... I truly hope things go much better than they did with Ignition...

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »
KOF XII patched version substituted laggy slow motion for input delay. At least in Europe. I didn't play USA or japan people, because it was unplayable (the same as SSFIV), but in SSFIV I can play with european ones with no problems. In KOF XII I can play against spanish people (same country) but I can't play french, deutch or italians. If they are going to base KOF XIII into KOF XII patched version online they must IMPROVE it, or the game will fail again.

DreamCancel and strong communities of KOF should try to pressure the much they can to be sure SNKP/Atlus don't fail on this. Just read it everywhere, all pressure is in the online issue. So...
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2011, 01:53:37 PM »
Something to consider before freaking out: XII's netcode at release was horrible. The patch improved upon it considerably. If more work is put into the netcode, it could be as good as BB. In fact, does anyone know if the Samurai Shodown Sen is not the same netcode after improvement?

Don't worry, we'll definitely ask Atlus about the netcode. Both SNKP and Atlus understand the importance of good netcode at launch.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
@nilcam

What improvement man?The imput lag is worse than MK.Like i said i am willing to film a comparison between KOF XII and ssf4 or mvc3 online with someone with a ps3 based in europe.I have the region 1 disk for KOF XII and cable internet.I can play ssf4 lagless most of the times (mvc 3 is a bit laggy sometimes but still enjoyable) but i couldn't play 1 match without imput lag in XII.I don't know who you played against (people across the street or a few miles away) but you sir are the only man on this planet that had a good online experience with XII :))

le: i will try later maybe some lost soul is still playing XII and show you the "improvements"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 02:05:57 PM by KBlackNoah »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2011, 02:12:30 PM »
If they are going to base KOF XIII into KOF XII patched version online they must IMPROVE it, or the game will fail again.

Oh yeah, we agree, it needs to be improved ^_^ Just saying it's a better startpoint than what XII originally had, or the crap that SFII' Hyper Fighting had.

It's amazing how like.. very fighter that comes out, even BB, seems to mess up Netcode stuff early on. This is REALLY, REALLY why they need to run an online Beta! Even original BB had to get a day 1 patch to be as good as it was... and lets not even talk about MK9 (Which has frickin' Warner Brothers funding backing it!)

In fact, does anyone know if the Samurai Shodown Sen is not the same netcode after improvement?

Not a Clue... Sen doesn't really move well in my experience, so testing netcode with a game that already feels clunky OFFLINE is kinda iffy.

NGBC definitely feels like the best of the bunch, though; I found Japanese players on it that felt fairly good (I'm on East Coast US), which really was quite suprising. 2K2UM also gave me some decent matches VS Japan and Europe, though it could have been better (the games buffer systems are not as forgiving as NGBCs...)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
@nilcam

What improvement man?The imput lag is worse than MK.Like i said i am willing to film a comparison between KOF XII and ssf4 or mvc3 online with someone with a ps3 based in europe.I have the region 1 disk for KOF XII and cable internet.I can play ssf4 lagless most of the times (mvc 3 is a bit laggy sometimes but still enjoyable) but i couldn't play 1 match without imput lag in XII.I don't know who you played against (people across the street or a few miles away) but you sir are the only man on this planet that had a good online experience with XII :))

le: i will try later maybe some lost soul is still playing XII and show you the "improvements"

I think nilcam is not saying he has a good online experience with XII. Is saying that the patch improved the first online of the game, and I must agree with that. But KOF XII patch wasn't enough, is still bad. Nicalm is pointing that with more work could get better, and this is what I want to get sure of. More work. That online needs to get improved.
I'm confident with KOF community feedbacks to Atlus and with Atlus itself. Don't let KOF fail again.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »
@nilcam

I don't know about the situation in Europe but I've had mostly good experiences post patch. I've played people regularly in Canada, Florida and, recently, Minnesota. I'm not saying it's perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it's been consistently good for me.

That netcode is also 2 years old. Since XIII was in development at the same time as XII, I'm sure they've put some time into it to improve the performance.

My point is that there's no reason to start freaking out over this information. It's far too early.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2011, 02:16:43 PM »
.I don't know who you played against (people across the street or a few miles away) but you sir are the only man on this planet that had a good online experience with XII :))

Nilcam and I played a near lagless match of XII a month ago because we shared the same upload and download connection speeds. He lives in Oklahoma and I live in MN. We can play with each other soon the prove that.

Fame Douglas and hdcloudstrife were playing KOFXII almost every night and they had near lag free matches because they share the same connection stats as well. If the KOFXIII netcode allows players of different bandwidths to play each other with some kind of rollback technology or whatever BB used, it can be great. I seriously think SNKP can do this if they listen to us, and allow us to help them test it somehow.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2011, 02:28:33 PM »
I don't know man this is weird.But i have a good internet connexion and this game was and still is unplayable because of the imput lag.

I'm sure they've put some time into it to improve the performance.
That is not saying much.If you put work in anything you can make it better.For now this XII code stuff is bad news but i hope Atlus will be testing this shit out because another XII like online won't cut it.Why is it so hard for playmore to adopt ggpo netcode?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
Why is it so hard for playmore to adopt ggpo netcode?

GGPO netcode has to be build around the game when they are first developing it, not just tacked on like a sticker, Ponder explained that a while ago on a podcast he did for SRK.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2011, 03:36:36 PM »
Nilcam and I played a near lagless match of XII a month ago because we shared the same upload and download connection speeds. He lives in Oklahoma and I live in MN. We can play with each other soon the prove that.

Fame Douglas and hdcloudstrife were playing KOFXII almost every night and they had near lag free matches because they share the same connection stats as well. If the KOFXIII netcode allows players of different bandwidths to play each other with some kind of rollback technology or whatever BB used, it can be great. I seriously think SNKP can do this if they listen to us, and allow us to help them test it somehow.

Assuming SNKP or Atlus aren't aware of the fact that laglessness was due to two players with the exact same connection speeds in XII, we should probably let both of them know.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2011, 06:11:30 PM »
First we had to ask Atlus and later we could start to freak out

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »
Why is it so hard for playmore to adopt ggpo netcode?

GGPO netcode has to be build around the game when they are first developing it, not just tacked on like a sticker, Ponder explained that a while ago on a podcast he did for SRK.

K, hope SNKP is content with using NGBC's netcode as a base then improving upon it.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2011, 08:23:13 PM »
K, hope SNKP is content with using NGBC's netcode as a base then improving upon it.

This would be best case and make many people happy. Is there any way to find out what the different netcodes SNKP has used are called? That might help in communicating with Atlus.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »
About kof xii online in europe. Between sweden and france i've played pretty close to lagfree games with one person, beyond that i've had a hard time finding people to play with at all so i can't comment more on consistency.

The netcode wasn't good, but under the right circumstances it worked. I hope it can be improved further,