Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404136 times)

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2011, 01:29:16 AM »
Why is it so hard for playmore to adopt ggpo netcode?

GGPO netcode has to be build around the game when they are first developing it, not just tacked on like a sticker, Ponder explained that a while ago on a podcast he did for SRK.

How did Capcom implemented it in SF 3rd strike? I don't think that they reprogrammed the whole thing from the beginning for an XBLA PSN dlc to use GGPO.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2011, 01:38:16 AM »
I think that putting GGPO on a game isn't that simple like  ''Yeah, just put it''

I read somewhere that only emuated games could use it, sans only final fight and 33 has the game

But still doesn't make too much sense for me

Waifu Material

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2011, 01:55:21 AM »
Basically, GGPO has to be hardcoded into the actual game itself as the netcode has to be integrated within the game itself as in going into the actual source code for each character and adding the required lines of code where needed is what I would presume.

I'll take a wait and see approach. a beta would help quite a bit though, especially if done early enough.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2011, 02:15:21 AM »
How did Capcom implemented it in SF 3rd strike? I don't think that they reprogrammed the whole thing from the beginning for an XBLA PSN dlc to use GGPO.

Also remember that 3rd Strike has been on GGPO itself for ages. A lot of the "heavy lifting" was probably already done by Ponder himself, minimizing the issues greatly.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2011, 04:35:41 AM »
man ponder needs to get paid.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2011, 05:35:31 AM »
Now that i finally have a Job i might going to buy a nextgen console (+KOF12,13)... I m still thinking about it... but it`s indeed a good news...still...what s gonna happen at the arcade version? i mean, here in Shenzhen it seems is going to die pretty soon ((now that i m thinking about it...god...so long since the last time i played it!))...but well i m might be wrong :) I hope there will still be an arcade scene...online is cool and everything but the real thing is...just the real thing.

ps: yes i m gonna buy 12 xP in Italy my bro and i bought every single chapter for the PS2 (JP), and now that i might be able to get a nextgen i m finally going to play 12 (dont care if the online scene is dead, the practice is still fun to play with)..dont care if the majority of the players didnt like it..i will like it anyway. And if there still is some kind of china online scene..well...i m gonna be there (hoping my bro will buy it too so we might play online (china vs china) xD)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 05:39:09 AM by asociale »
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2011, 06:27:04 AM »
Now that i finally have a Job i might going to buy a nextgen console (+KOF12,13)...
Congratulations

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2011, 06:28:57 AM »
Now that i finally have a Job i might going to buy a nextgen console (+KOF12,13)...
Congratulations

謝謝 :P
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2011, 06:35:02 AM »
Congratulations

哈哈,祝福你在那邊過得愉快,話說以後有機會也可以來台灣待待
這裡環境不錯KOF新作機台也多

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »
still...what s gonna happen at the arcade version?

Based on Arcadia's rankings, it seems games tend to get a boost in popularity prior to console releases. MvC2 randomly appeared in the rankings before MvC3's release, for example. And Japan doesn't even like Marvel!

I expect XIII will get a similar boost, but I don't know how much.

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »
Sorry if you see this as off topic. But I live in Sweden and I was playing XII with a friend, who is also a swede, to try it out again some time after the release. We usually only have little delay when playing BlazBlue, but when we tried XII again post-patch, we experienced alot of delay. This was on PSN btw.
Dunno if we were just having a bad day connection-wise, though, but I wouldn't think so.

Anyway, I'm so psyched for XIII and it feels weird to have a confirmed console port.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:36:55 PM by Grokbu »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
@asociale

You will throw the game (XII) out the window faster than a speeding bullet.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »
Now that i finally have a Job i might going to buy a nextgen console (+KOF12,13)... I m still thinking about it... but it`s indeed a good news...still...what s gonna happen at the arcade version? i mean, here in Shenzhen it seems is going to die pretty soon ((now that i m thinking about it...god...so long since the last time i played it!))...but well i m might be wrong :) I hope there will still be an arcade scene...online is cool and everything but the real thing is...just the real thing.
Congrats on getting the job :).

As for the arcade scene, it depends on where you're talking about.  In Japan, like Rex Dart said, it seems console releases actually help the arcade scene (I'd guess since people are able to practice more easily that way, and then the arcades are where you truly test your skills).  Where I am (Toronto, Canada), the arcade doesn't get a ton of attention to begin with for most fighting games, so console releases tend to mean that the few dedicated players there are can just get together at a house or something and play for free, with maybe a trip to the arcade if more than 3 or 4 people organize a time to play.  Aside from SSF4AE, I rarely see more than two people on any of the machines (XIII is actually the one I've most often seen at least 3 on, counting myself *laughs* ), and I'm pretty sure the local scene for Guilty Gear only comes if there's a group coming in from another city to play with them.  I'd think there's some activity with 3rd Strike, since there are 3 machines for it (never saw them getting used enough to warrant 3 machines, even when I was playing it, but maybe I just wasn't coming at the right times *shrugs* ), and the MvC2 machine has gotten more play in one week than I've ever seen the Melty Blood machine that it replaced get (even though I know some local players who really like Melty...they just don't go to the arcade for it).

But yeah, I guess the short answer is each arcade scene handles itself differently regarding console releases *laughs*
Old man/bad player

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:17 AM »
@asociale

You will throw the game (XII) out the window faster than a speeding bullet.

well i didnt throw out the window games like KOF94/5/03,aof and co xD so i m not afraid on trying out 12 xP and still...kof is kof and i won`t throw any of the chapter out the window xD

Congrats on getting the job :).

As for the arcade scene, it depends on where you're talking about.  In Japan, like Rex Dart said, it seems console releases actually help the arcade scene (I'd guess since people are able to practice more easily that way, and then the arcades are where you truly test your skills).  Where I am (Toronto, Canada), the arcade doesn't get a ton of attention to begin with for most fighting games, so console releases tend to mean that the few dedicated players there are can just get together at a house or something and play for free, with maybe a trip to the arcade if more than 3 or 4 people organize a time to play.  Aside from SSF4AE, I rarely see more than two people on any of the machines (XIII is actually the one I've most often seen at least 3 on, counting myself *laughs* ), and I'm pretty sure the local scene for Guilty Gear only comes if there's a group coming in from another city to play with them.  I'd think there's some activity with 3rd Strike, since there are 3 machines for it (never saw them getting used enough to warrant 3 machines, even when I was playing it, but maybe I just wasn't coming at the right times *shrugs* ), and the MvC2 machine has gotten more play in one week than I've ever seen the Melty Blood machine that it replaced get (even though I know some local players who really like Melty...they just don't go to the arcade for it).

But yeah, I guess the short answer is each arcade scene handles itself differently regarding console releases *laughs*

Well here in Shenzhen it seems that either u play 97,98,2k2 or u can forget having good matches... oh well now with ssf4ae lots of ppl just play that, i remember when i first came in Shenzhen the 13 scene where so strong...really lots of players...but now? i dunno, i feel like they just moved to ssf4ae...maybe cause now it`s the hit of the moment... dunno in guangzhou or hongkong

Congratulations

哈哈,祝福你在那邊過得愉快,話說以後有機會也可以來台灣待待
這裡環境不錯KOF新作機台也多
谢谢你啊! 如果有空的话,我肯定来台湾玩儿一下!我觉得台湾的拳王玩家跟中国的一样厉害。。。太厉害! 哈哈 ;)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:28:20 AM by asociale »