Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404140 times)

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2011, 12:02:55 AM »
I've just seen the Revelations video and I have to admit that you DC guys are amazing. I hope SNKp appreciates what you do for KOF. I've seen in many forums ppl paying attention to KOF cause of that rev tourney.

The last year made me have doubts about KOF's survivability but now I think with fans like you this game will never die. And again I hope SNKp appreciates your hard work.

Just logged in to say thank you.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2011, 01:37:35 AM »
I've just seen the Revelations video and I have to admit that you DC guys are amazing. I hope SNKp appreciates what you do for KOF. I've seen in many forums ppl paying attention to KOF cause of that rev tourney.

The last year made me have doubts about KOF's survivability but now I think with fans like you this game will never die. And again I hope SNKp appreciates your hard work.

Just logged in to say thank you.

Sometimes I pinch myself to see if I'm still dreaming.  To have made it this far, without completely pissing of the community, still keeping some ppl interested in XIII, console release on the horizons, is a long shot.  The road is still long and windy ahead of us but with a great community with passionately driven players--nothing is impossible.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2011, 02:34:30 AM »
Yeah, you guys have really been making KOF known this past year or so. It's crazy how SNK dropped off the map after the 90s for the US. Not many know about it anymore. I wish I could help you guys out more, but since I have moved out of NYC(stupid decision), and don't live in Cali, I can't help out as much as I want too.

XIII at Revelations was amazing. Keep up the good work guys.

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2011, 08:09:02 PM »
All I hope for is this netcode to go well and LOL the GS preview saying that Raiden is a new character. I hope what they meant about it being based on XII is that it retains all the great online features XII had.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
So, fair to say next month we should get some info on the Console release? It's usually between 3-6 months before the console release where the companies unveil all of the info.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2011, 10:21:04 PM »
So, fair to say next month we should get some info on the Console release? It's usually between 3-6 months before the console release where the companies unveil all of the info.

Yeah, I been anxious to hear anything about the console version now that it's been announced. But Atlus and SNKP haven't show or updated their sites. Heck I was expecting at least a trailer of the announcement from them by this point.

Well at least the guy from the ON Show started to tease us.
Damn you guys! lol

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2011, 10:59:52 PM »
I've just played the game and all I have to say is PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!!  The have managed to make it feel like the old KOFs with something new at the same time. Seriously if this game has good netcode it will put to shame lots of fighting games of this generation.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2011, 11:45:28 PM »
I've just played the game and all I have to say is PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!!  The have managed to make it feel like the old KOFs with something new at the same time. Seriously if this game has good netcode it will put to shame lots of fighting games of this generation.

What are your impressions JohnCrawley, who did you use and about it do you like so far?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2011, 12:12:43 AM »
I think KOF XIII it will be a great game even without a good netcode. I mean, it's an awesome game and a great KOF. Netcode is a very important thing to become a succesful played game and Atlus/SNKP shouldn't fail on that feature, but even without a good netcode I think KOF XIII will revitalize KOF franchise and will take more presence and importance in fighting games scene. I'm really confident on that.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2011, 12:21:34 AM »
I like the game a lot too, it is very fun. It should appeal very well to new players while having the experienced KOFers feel right at home.

I hope the netcode is well for the console release for newer players wont feel shy to play it at tournaments and they can learn by sparring online.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2011, 11:59:42 AM »

What are your impressions JohnCrawley, who did you use and about it do you like so far?

I used women's team :D King is my favorite. I like the fact that there are so many things to do with your meter :D

I think that the HD bar builds up really fast. It would have been much better if they add a 3rd bar on the HD meter.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2011, 12:04:59 PM »
I think KOF XIII it will be a great game even without a good netcode. I mean, it's an awesome game and a great KOF. Netcode is a very important thing to become a succesful played game and Atlus/SNKP shouldn't fail on that feature, but even without a good netcode I think KOF XIII will revitalize KOF franchise and will take more presence and importance in fighting games scene. I'm really confident on that.
It will be looked down upon by those who only play fighters online, but people like me will play it no matter if the netcode is good or bad. I just won't play online as much. :3
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2011, 04:43:28 PM »
It will be looked down upon by those who don't have offline competition, which is a lot of ppl.

To me the game will be useless without good netcode.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »
More news from Japan from the Professor of mmcafe:

With the announcement of the home console version, KOFXIII's popularity continues to be on the rebound, and amongst the players in Japan as well. Dune and a number of members are now in the process of making a combo movie, slated for release right before EVO. Its explanations will be featured in Japanese and English. Some of the combos have not been publicized up until now. He was showing off a death combo with Joe using just 1 bar & 50%.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2011, 10:38:04 PM »
It will be looked down upon by those who don't have offline competition, which is a lot of ppl.

To me the game will be useless without good netcode.
i have to agree with diavle here im pretty there are a lot of people around the world who have little to no competition where they live so while many of you think that if the netcode is bad that it won't kill it so much i think it might have a big impact, if the net code is sub par  it will just turn out like XII again and im sure most of us wont like to hear all the shit talking again. snk needs to hit the ground running and knock every mother fucker out the way, not start out fast then pass out five minutes in.