Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404310 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2011, 04:19:56 AM »
Thing is you don't get many chances to do Urien's shit.  It requires two super bars to do the Aegis setups.  So it isn't something that's easily abusable.  And if you mess it up, you don't really have another chance to do it again.

Please tell me you're joking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO7_zkU9Ax8&feature=player_detailpage#t=7s

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2011, 04:28:56 AM »
Urien's reflector is really easy to setup bro, lolol. It requires one super, that's all.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2011, 04:44:13 AM »
Urien's reflector is really easy to setup bro, lolol. It requires one super, that's all.

Hmmm.  I was assuming it was the double one that used two reflectors.  One on the ground and one on the air.  Guess I was mistaken.

Still you need super to do it and it doesn't build up that quickly.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2011, 05:04:20 AM »

In a game where you can whiff normals to build meter? Right.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2011, 05:17:34 AM »

In a game where you can whiff normals to build meter? Right.
Your lack of knowledge is showing. Once again the Unblockables are escapeable and don't do anyting to make Urien or Oro OP. And just standing their and whiffing especially with urien or Oro is going to get you punished hard and rushed the fuck down, once saw Hayao punish RX whiffing Standing MP with EX Clothesline, good times. And god forbid if you do that against a Gouki or Makoto player. The strength of Whiffing to build meter is grossly overestimated by people who don't play the game.

Anyway hella off topic

On topic, personally I'd rather not see any balance changes, I've always prefered playing games as is unless it's a major update.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:21:44 AM by Zabel »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2011, 05:18:46 AM »
And why are we discussing 3S in the KOFXIII thread?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 23, 2011, 05:32:38 AM »
And why are we discussing 3S in the KOFXIII thread?
because there is nothing to do on a Wednesday night ?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2011, 05:39:31 AM »
Your lack of knowledge is showing. Once again the Unblockables are escapeable and don't do anyting to make Urien or Oro OP. And just standing their and whiffing especially with urien or Oro is going to get you punished hard and rushed the fuck down, once saw Hayao punish RX whiffing Standing MP with EX Clothesline, good times. And god forbid if you do that against a Gouki or Makoto player. The strength of Whiffing to build meter is grossly overestimated by people who don't play the game.

Anyway hella off topic

On topic, personally I'd rather not see any balance changes, I've always prefered playing games as is unless it's a major update.

Lol, yeah because when I said whiffing normals I meant to stand right in their face and do it. Whiffing normals to build meter is the norm in this game if you think otherwise then you are wrong. Watch pretty much any high level match and you will see it.

Oh and you must be amazing to easily escape Urien's traps, b/c Japan's best sure as shit can't 99% of the time.

Anyway, 3rd Strike was a valid example before we trailed off into a discussion. My question is directed at the SoCal guys who seem to be in contact with No.17 and Dune. I'm interested in knowing what the arcade scene there thinks of a balance patch.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:45:55 AM by Diavle »

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 23, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlkXCEewh6k&feature=related

On topic. As i said before the only one who is game breaking is raiden. Just do something with his drop kick. If they nerf K' and Kula other tiers will rise.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:49:50 PM by JohnCrawley »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2011, 07:41:32 PM »

Anyway hella off topic

Lol, yeah because when I said whiffing normals I meant to stand right in their face and do it. Whiffing normals to build meter is the norm in this game if you think otherwise then you are wrong. Watch pretty much any high level match and you will see it.

Oh and you must be amazing to easily escape Urien's traps, b/c Japan's best sure as shit can't 99% of the time.

Anyway, 3rd Strike was a valid example before we trailed off into a discussion. My question is directed at the SoCal guys who seem to be in contact with No.17 and Dune. I'm interested in knowing what the arcade scene there thinks of a balance patch.

I've never thought of that but I'm curious now, I'll ask them and get back to you.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2011, 07:48:46 PM »
^Thanks, appreciate it.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2011, 03:56:34 AM »
Someone is teasing at SRK forums, saying that they know what kind of netcode SNKP will use for KOFXIII, here are the post:

Quote from: pablofsi
I have confirmation from someone that collaborates closely with Atlus and the KOF XIII development team about the netcode, I can't say anything, -anything, but when I knew what KOF XIII will use as it's netcode, and I'm a huge skeptic, I became very happy and all I can say is that KOF XIII will have the best netcode of -all-, yes, and it's not an overstatement, ALL console fighting games released till now. News should be coming soon... at an important event somewhere. Sorry people, I can't clear up anything else.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/kof-xiii-general-discussion-part-ii.138416/page-2#post-5488191

Here are some other responses of his:
Quote from: pablofsi
So 8 golden letters then
---------
I can't go on further.
---------
I didn't confirm 8 letters. Whatever it is, it has more than 8 letters.
---------
I'll laugh at you in no more than a month.

8 Letters? Obviously its not GGPO, but someone said "RollBack", that is 8 letters, that would work. But at least there is some "rumors" for now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, "Supercade" could also be.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:32:23 AM by DarKaoZ »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2011, 04:26:51 AM »
if thats true and if we got additional characters etc this will be the best kof package to date. lets hope its true.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2011, 04:39:29 AM »
could this be the all around best fighting game ever?
" you fight well in the old style"

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2011, 07:24:23 AM »
It's kaillera