Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 407318 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #495 on: July 03, 2011, 06:25:28 PM »
because hes only in rb2 and his moveset from that game did wonders for him in that game. dont know but dont think hed be anything special in kof. his design aint eiji bad but its not great either. xiangfei and rick i agree with though, if it means we could have them with alfred i wouldnt mind at all. in fact i wouldnt mind most characters. some characters i would mind though: hinako, malin, bao, seth, chang, choi among others.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #496 on: July 03, 2011, 07:39:21 PM »
You're forgetting about Real Bout Special Dominated Minds. Alfred was in that too.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #497 on: July 03, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »
hinako, malin, chang
Wait, what is wrong with their designs?

I like Oswald, I just don't want him with Billy. Classic Yamazaki / Mary / Billy is too great.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 03, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »
I always thought that mary figured out  that geese sponsored the 97' team  and she would get revenge for tricking her? If thats the case, I cant see them throwing her back on a team with billy and yamazaki.   I think if anything  she will make it in with a agent team of mary/vanessa/ramon

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #499 on: July 03, 2011, 08:41:20 PM »
hinako, malin, chang
Wait, what is wrong with their designs?

Hinako is the worst sumo wrestler ever.

But SNK can redeem her.

If they made her look like this -

Malin is just a loli Choi. Choi was already a terrible character, but turn him into a girl = Win? lol

Well, Malin is still better than Choi.

Chang... Chang is just a dumb design period.

And I quote Frank Yagami -
To call him a convincing retard is an understatement, and I'm not even talking about the way he looks. The way he acts, sounds, and fights is also distinctively retarded. Visually, he's nothing more than poor man's Zangief... Who just ate an entire McDonald's restaurant. Comic relief? I guess... if you think fat homeless guys who pretend to know TaeKwonDo are funny.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:45:35 PM by Running Wild »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 03, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »
The idea of Hinako is that she isn't a fat sumo wrestler, that's why I like her design

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 03, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »
Hinako is original, I mean you don't have to be fat to practice Sumo Wrestling. Obviously the sport rewards those who are fat, because it's harder to push them out. But in a fight, the sumo fighting style can work against people with normal weight. So IMO Hinako not been fat fits well in KOF, since most of her opponent aren't fat and huge. So she is not that out of picture as martial artist, about her design, well that is another subject. I say it's odd, but that adds and makes her more interesting visually. Is hard to imagine a Blond European girl doing Sumo Moves, I wouldn't have never thought of that, so I give SNKP credit for creativity.

Malin has never been on my liking list, I don't like her voice and she can be annoying. But her design is not bad, is just her voice and the gameplay she has. I think SNKP tried to pull out a character that used Yoyo's like Bridget from GG, but it didn't end up well IMO. Her fight style doesn't really work that well either, but I can see the potential in her if they change a little her fight style.

Choi and Chang... I rather not talk about those 2, I just don't like them. =/

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 03, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »
With all the Chang and Choi hate I've seen in the past, I pray that SNK just puts them both in XIII. It would be interesting to see Choi with a new sprite. A srpite that's small than chin's.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 03, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
I like Oswald, I just don't want him with Billy. Classic Yamazaki / Mary / Billy is too great.

Amen to that man. I agree 100%.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #504 on: July 03, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »
To do sumo wrestling, you need to be fat. Also, to do any martial art you need to be asian, and to eat hamburgers you need to be American.
I don't see how Chang is that bad anyways. He's an original character and whatnot. It'd be interesting to see him with the fully mastered Hienzan and whatnot.
In KOF13, we don't have a fast, annoying character who bounces around the screen.
Malin's nice, although I agree that she could be redesigned a bit.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 03, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »
I doubt that this will happen, but will be cool if all the sprites are being prepared to make KOF XIV, which will be the dreammatch of the ash saga, problem, is that you need tons of new characters according to their previous entries in 2003 and XI

Tizoc
Jhun
Chang
Gato
Yamazaki
Blue Mary
Shingo
Hinako
Malin
Whip
Chizuru
Adheleid
Oswald
Duck King
Vanessa
Ramon
Eiji
Kasumi
B. Jenet
Momoko
Gai
Silber
Hayate
Jyazu

So, there are 24 characters that had appeared within the ash tales, but I seriously doubt that they will had 24 more characters if they ever develop XIV (unless they release the game in 2 more years, and being generous) lus add other classic characters like the new face team

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 03, 2011, 11:11:15 PM »
ok so running wild is a chubby chaser

and i like chang and choi even though i dont use them all that much

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 04, 2011, 02:09:55 AM »
ok so running wild is a chubby chaser

and i like chang and choi even though i dont use them all that much

To be fair, that explains WHY he's RUNNING WILD.

Chlorophylle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 04, 2011, 02:41:17 AM »
Hello

There has been a very interesting post on a famous french forum about movies ( ... )

ohlalalala...
Ohlalala...
Sa race...
Mais ça va juste être une PUTAIN DE TUERIE la version console !!

Je ressors de 2h intensives de la version X360 debug et c'est juste m-o-r-t-e-l.

Alors debug oblige, y'a des stages pas encore finis (genre fond vert au second round), certaines musiques pas encore implémentées, les couleurs des persos qui manquent, le roster encore incomplet (y'a tout les mecs de l'arcade et même plus, mais on sent qu'il y a encore de la place pour d'autres), mais déjà rien que l'esquisse du truc, ça laisse présager du bonheur en barre de titane.\o/

Y'a pas à s’inquiéter pour la crainte plus haut des gros pixels, c'est juste que mon pote l'avais essayé avant sur une TV pas full HD (), et donc sur une TV qui va bien, c'est aussi beau que l'arcade (voir plus, vu que l'écran est plus grand).

A prendre avec des pincettes vu que la version finale sera peut-être différente, mais pour l'instant en selectionnables dès le début, en plus du roster de l'arcade, y'a:

- Billy Kane (bon, de tout les persos qu'ils pouvaient ajouter, j'en aurais bien vu d'autres, genre Saishû Kusanagi () ou Vanessa, mais c'est cool quand même)
- Saiki (mais dans une version ni torse poil musclé, ni en ombre. Là, c'est un genre d'Ash avec des cheveux longs, mais avec une movelist trèèès intéressante =p)

Pas vu de boss vu qu'on s'est acharnés sur le VS, mais on n'est pas à l'abri d'une bonne surprise.

J'ai compté 4 ou 5 nouveaux stages en plus de ceux de la version arcade, dont certains pas finalisés, mais tous sont plus magnifiques les uns que les autres. Le tableau steampunk de Billy Kane est juste terrible, celui du temple éclairé uniquement par des torches rouges est superbe et renvoi bien à l'ambiance de certains stages des anciens KOF, les deux pas finalisés en plan fixe (une allée désaffectée et un autre avec des ruines dans la nature) vont claquer, celui dans l’espèce d'avion est sympa, d'autres que j'oublie mais surtout, ils ont remis le stage du Ponj du 96 mais version 2011 (avec les passants dans la rue au loin et tout), et avec en prime en fond sonore: Esaka ! (et là j'étais comme un ouf)

Sinon le jeu est aussi nerveux et rapide qu'en arcade, avec la maniabilité toujours au poil de cul (même si les pads xbox, c'est la pire invention ever pour des jeux de stomb 2D, faute de sticks =/)

Pas essayé les galeries et autre conneries de mode mission, online, ect, mais dans les 4 mecs qui l'ont essayé avec moi, même ceux qui sont pas forcément férus de jeux de stomb, le verdict était unanime: ÇA. BUTE.

For those of you who don't speak french :
- It was a debug version of the game so there was a lot of unfinished tings like missing colors, musics, or unmoving stages...
- Billy was playable. Saiki was playable but NOT the muscular boss version of the arcade... It's the Saiki we see in the cut scenes, with a interesting movelist.
- 4 or 5 new stages. A temple with red torches, the Billy Big ben one, Betie's garden, one who takes place in a plane, a deserted alley... and the famous japan stage from KOF 96 totally redrawn in HD.
- This was posted on june 25 of this year ( before we knew anything about Billy, or/and the new stages... )
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:53:33 AM by Chlorophylle »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 04, 2011, 02:50:58 AM »
For those of you who don't speak french :
- It was a debug version of the game so there was a lot of unfinished tings like missing colors, musics, or unmoving stages...
- Billy was playable. Saiki was playable but NOT the muscular boss version of the arcade... It's the Saiki we see in the cut scenes, with a interesting movelist.
- 4 or 5 new stages. A temple with red torches, the Billy Big ben one, Betie's garden, one who takes place in a plane, a deserted driveaway... and the famous japan stage from KOF 96 totally redrawn in HD.
- This was posted on june 25 of this year ( before we knew anything about Billy, or/and the new stages... )

Interesting, I can definitely believe "White" Saiki to be in the cast, he had art done for the character bubble conversations, which was shown in the Countdown page.

But this is interesting, specially how this was posted before everything was announced.