Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition  (Read 404172 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 2ND |OT| Thread: Final Edition
« Reply #885 on: July 15, 2011, 09:18:28 PM »
The new Mortal Kombat is awesome.
LOL. If you like MK, I guess.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 15, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »
The game is actually pretty solid, some balance hitches but what game doesn't. MK9 and KOF XIII are probabl gonna be my main games along with MBAACC and ChaosCode if it gets released other here along with 3SO.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 15, 2011, 09:50:55 PM »
The game is actually pretty solid, some balance hitches but what game doesn't. MK9 and KOF XIII are probabl gonna be my main games along with MBAACC and ChaosCode if it gets released other here along with 3SO.
oh god i hope chaos code comes out

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 15, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »

Best fighting game of this year, so far. Until 3SOE comes out.

Also funny hearing someone call the new Mortal Kombat shit when they play Melty Blood lol.

You wanna talk shitty fighting games, look at the vast collection of old crappy Neo-Geo fighters.

lol 15 year old neo games ARE better than mk9, mk is ass and mk9 is no different. your probably one of those folks that plays mk and mk vs dc and talks about how great it is and the next year talks about how he thought it was always a shit game. mk is shit, its for people who dont know great fighters and like retarded ass designs. you know who plays mk here? people that dont know how to play fighters. you know what people that actually play fighters play? real fighters. and no, mk is not a real fighters. its a fighting game, and a shit one at that. same way those old neo games like the aof series, gangan and savage reign are shit games, same way ff1 and 2 are shit games. mk9 is not even on ff3 tier, and ff3 is weak compared to actual great ff titles like the rb games. mk is just shit, its like clayfighters, ki and whatever shit series there is. /rant.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 15, 2011, 10:16:26 PM »
Opinions are opinions. Let people have them. Anyway, less talk about MK, more talk about KOF.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 15, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »

Best fighting game of this year, so far. Until 3SOE comes out.

Also funny hearing someone call the new Mortal Kombat shit when they play Melty Blood lol.

You wanna talk shitty fighting games, look at the vast collection of old crappy Neo-Geo fighters.

lol 15 year old neo games ARE better than mk9, mk is ass and mk9 is no different. your probably one of those folks that plays mk and mk vs dc and talks about how great it is and the next year talks about how he thought it was always a shit game. mk is shit, its for people who dont know great fighters and like retarded ass designs. you know who plays mk here? people that dont know how to play fighters. you know what people that actually play fighters play? real fighters. and no, mk is not a real fighters. its a fighting game, and a shit one at that. same way those old neo games like the aof series, gangan and savage reign are shit games, same way ff1 and 2 are shit games. mk9 is not even on ff3 tier, and ff3 is weak compared to actual great ff titles like the rb games. mk is just shit, its like clayfighters, ki and whatever shit series there is. /rant.
For the love of god why do we not have an ignore option here.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 15, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »
Opinions are opinions. Let people have them. Anyway, less talk about MK, more talk about KOF.

Will you be attending the next Southtown ranbat?

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 15, 2011, 10:52:20 PM »
Will you be attending the next Southtown ranbat?

I most likely will, yes. Why do you ask, nilcam? I actually had a lot of fun just talking to people about the game and seeing people actively interested in person. It's vastly different from when I played at AI/AA. Seeing as how the SoCal guys have been a group (for the most part) dedicated to KOF, NorCal has a lot of new blood coming over from SF/MvC/BB, which is really encouraging to see. I'll try to jump on the mic and commentate on the next stream. As Demoninja stated in the NorCal thread, Haunts has given the green light for streaming all summer ranbats for XIII at Southtown through IPW. It's not much, but I really hope the exposure helps to draw interest up until the console release. I missed the stream chat, but I heard from Kane that, minus stream monsters, the game was pretty well recieved by viewers.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 15, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »
Just wanted to say something regarding all these opinions on MK.

If we want people to respect KOF for what it is, we need to respect other fighting games for what they are. MK might not be the cup of tea for a lot of people, but in no way it's a bad game. Same goes for KOF, so as I said, we can give our opinions but not insult other gamers preference. Because who knows, maybe the next big KOF player might have MK backgrounds or viceversa.

Well since I got out of my system, we can continue talking about KOFXIII.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 15, 2011, 11:30:38 PM »
Just wanted to say something regarding all these opinions on MK.

If we want people to respect KOF for what it is, we need to respect other fighting games for what they are. MK might not be the cup of tea for a lot of people, but in no way it's a bad game. Same goes for KOF, so as I said, we can give our opinions but not insult other gamers preference. Because who knows, maybe the next big KOF player might have MK backgrounds or viceversa.

Well since I got out of my system, we can continue talking about KOFXIII.
i refuse to talk about kof that game is crap more mk talk plz

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 15, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »
One thing I' curious about, how many people here are coming from other scenes are play other games at a serious *Not casual* level?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 15, 2011, 11:47:28 PM »
tbh i dont think i could take any game seriously no matter how much i loved it because then becomes work

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 15, 2011, 11:55:07 PM »
Wow, impressive news regarding KOF XIII and EVO. Check main page. Very good news!
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 15, 2011, 11:58:46 PM »
Wow, impressive news regarding KOF XIII and EVO. Check main page. Very good news!
one could only wonder what people would ask but  good news none the less

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 16, 2011, 12:15:40 AM »
Holy hell, my respect for some of you here has dropped really far, really fast. Opinions are fine and all, and I certainly don't expect everyone to like the same things, but some of you guys are talking like people should feel bad if they like MK. What the hell kind of shit is that? If you wanna hate a game then go ahead and hate it, but don't go and make assumptions about people cause they like something you don't. KOF is my favorite 2D fighting game series, and VF is my favorite 3D fighting series, but I happen to like many other games including MK. Those just happen to be the games I like and I'm not a better or worse person for it.

Sorry for being off topic, but it's shit like this that I thought I was getting away from when I came here.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the KOF XIII panel at Evo. I'll definitely be attending that.