Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world

Started by solidshark, February 22, 2011, 07:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proto Cloud

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on March 29, 2012, 09:36:20 PM
If it has the Tutorials and Training Modes of VF4:Evo, then I might definitely give it a look if the netcode is solid.

It'd be REALLY stupid if they didn't have a good netcode. Honestly, they could just port the one in VF5 and they're good as ever.

LouisCipher

It looks like fun. It doesn't look like a guessing game like SC. If it has good netcode I'm picking it up.

Is it coming out on XBLA/PSN or is it just a disc release?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

jinxhand

FS will have the training modes and tutorials that were in EVO... They said that a few times...

Anyone who's wondering about the netcode, get VF5 for xbox... You can either d/l it from xbla "Games on Demand" or just goto Gamestop and snag it for a few bucks... Before SCV, it was the best netcode for a 3D game-- still up there imo...

The trials aren't too hard once you understand buffering and the other basic things about the game... After that it all boils down to yomi/reaction training... Things got mad easier this time around though, especially with the throw escapes, so don't worry about blowing a fuse trying to understand the mechanics...

No disc release though...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

LouisCipher

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

jinxhand

Quote from: LouisCipher on March 30, 2012, 01:23:33 AM
Is there a release date? Summer 2012 is kinda' vague.

I got a feeling its sometime near the end of June or the beginning of July... The last VF5FS tourney in San Francisco is on the 15th of June, so I'm thinking sometime past that-- unless they bust out Sega Saturn style and release the game the same day of the final tournament...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

desmond_kof

Yeah the Sega reps at Final Round said summer too but they didn't give me a date. I can't wait. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Saitsuofleaves

One thing that jars me about VF is like weirdness of seeing contact.  Like the hits look and sound weird (throws are fine).  Just throws me off when watching.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

I've never had a problem with it and it's not ridiculous like Tekken where every hit is a damned explosion.

Saitsuofleaves

The hitsparks (or splashes I guess) just don't sound like they lineup with the sound, or at the very least it doesn't look like contact does.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Mr Bakaboy

Just curious, is anybody here doing meet ups on VF5 to hype VF5FS? Never really seen a lot of hype for it. Always thought it deserved some.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

jinxhand

Quote from: Mr Bakaboy on March 30, 2012, 01:07:20 PM
Just curious, is anybody here doing meet ups on VF5 to hype VF5FS? Never really seen a lot of hype for it. Always thought it deserved some.

I'm actually planning on teaching 2+ people in the game a few hours before I hold casuals at a local joint... It would be nice to attract others to play, but we'll see what happens...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Mr Bakaboy

^ Bug me for a match or two if you see me online. I'm sure my Lion skills are not what they used to be but I'd be up for trying it out online again. Dusted it off a week or so ago just to see if I remembered anything.

solidshark

You guys see the NorCal matches. Great stuff to know ahead of time. Grand Finals were sooo good (would've been better if announcer was accouncing better).

VF5: FS: Sebo vs Hatperson - NCRX Top 8

VF5:FS: DKL vs Zerochan - NCRX Top 8

VF5:FS: Renzo vs Dennis - Grand Finals - NCRX Top 8
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Mr Bakaboy

Appreciate the matches. Especially the final match. The new character looks interesting (first time seeing him)

solidshark

Quote from: Mr Bakaboy on April 03, 2012, 07:06:33 PM
Appreciate the matches. Especially the final match. The new character looks interesting (first time seeing him)

Jean Kujo is a new favorite for sure. You might see Jean as much as Shen in XIII.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995