Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184918 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2011, 06:31:06 AM »
Yeah, that would've sucked, but it would've been worth it just to see SvC2. Admit it.

Yeah, I agree.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2011, 06:32:59 AM »
on the topic of a CvS3 anyone find it odd that ever since XIII came out people have been asking more and more for a new CvS yet and still they refuse to play KoF XIII

I'd make a guess that people wanting a a CvS3 don't really like Rush Down in KOF.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2011, 06:39:11 AM »
on the topic of a CvS3 anyone find it odd that ever since XIII came out people have been asking more and more for a new CvS yet and still they refuse to play KoF XIII

I'd make a guess that people wanting a a CvS3 don't really like Rush Down in KOF.
i guess still bugs the fuck out of me though

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »

Same people are probably Capcom game whores and will only ever play a SNK character if Capcom made the game.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2011, 07:27:12 AM »

Same people are probably Capcom game whores and will only ever play a SNK character if Capcom made the game.
prolly

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »

I dunno what's the whole deal here in the states, but for the most part they refuse to acknowledge anything but Capcom fighters competitively.

Then there's those that as much as they like characters like Kyo or Terry, there's a lot of characters that just aren't as recognizable as the Street Fighter cast is around the states.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2011, 11:20:32 AM »

I dunno what's the whole deal here in the states, but for the most part they refuse to acknowledge anything but Capcom fighters competitively.

Then there's those that as much as they like characters like Kyo or Terry, there's a lot of characters that just aren't as recognizable as the Street Fighter cast is around the states.
the street fighter cast is boring compared to well hell almost any other fighting games cast cept for virtua fighter

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2011, 11:22:44 AM »

If there first fighter is SF4, then they'd tolerate SNK characters with what I can predict would be a much simpler gameplay style than KOF XIII.

If they've been playing fighters since the '90s, maybe Capcom fighters are still all they know and wanted to know

I wanna ask all these people who's art style would you be more comfortable with between SF4 and KOFXIII, while knowing most might say SF4.

the street fighter cast is boring compared to well hell almost any other fighting games cast cept for virtua fighter

The Street Fighter cast is boring because it's been copied, parodied, and coined by nearly everyone, even people who've never played a fighter. Everytime Family Guy mentions SF, it reminds me that SF was or is almost a household name. And generically people think of the SF2 cast right off the bat. III, Alpha, and other series have had interesting characters, but what makes them interesting usually never goes further than the first game they've appeared in.

VF uses a lot of archetypes, but at least for me the game depth makes them a bit more interesting, especially since Evolution.

But back to SFxT, I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but despite all these varied characters, it feels like I'm supposed to play all of them very similarly. I know you've got grapplers, charge and command characters, tricky characters, etc, but going over some older footage (pre-Gem footage), it didn't seem like so much difference to playing Chun-Li or Kazuya, or Hugo, or Yoshimitsu (well, Yoshi is probably an exception). All the systems in place feel designed to set every player to the same strategy. Hopefully it'll feel a lot different in my hands whenever it gets in them, cause it's not looking like it now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:45:50 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »

If there first fighter is SF4, then they'd tolerate SNK characters with what I can predict would be a much simpler gameplay style than KOF XIII.

If they've been playing fighters since the '90s, maybe Capcom fighters are still all they know and wanted to know

I wanna ask all these people who's art style would you be more comfortable with between SF4 and KOFXIII, while knowing most might say SF4.

None, shinkiro or nothing

Actually the artwork game should be only shinkiro since now will be considered neutral

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2011, 11:13:18 PM »

You know that it came out in more than two decades ago. They are great designs for their time and some like Guile, Ryu and Chun-Li have stood the test of time.

You easily forget stuff like the American Sports Team.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2011, 03:48:00 AM »
The other day thinking the same, I think that the Street fighter cast is well designed, since everyone felt different, and really colourish

The problem started with some designs of 33 which belonged more to darkstalkers, and the big amount of shotos

But in the rest of the games, I like their designs, they had been tried to be imitated, but not duplicated

btw, could somebody explain me how works the assist gems?

specifically autoblock and auto throw

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2011, 06:06:40 AM »
None, shinkiro or nothing

Actually the artwork game should be only shinkiro since now will be considered neutral

Mr i-can-draw-only-one-kind-of-face Shinkiro? No thanks.
I know he was the artist of classic SNK, but seriously, people need to take out their nostalgia glasses when talking about Shinkiro.
And yes, i have seen his latest works, and still, no thanks.

But that's like my opinion brah, didn't want to offend any Shinkiro fan..... or did i ?

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2011, 06:35:01 AM »
Mr i-can-draw-only-one-kind-of-face Shinkiro? No thanks.

Coming from a guy with The Simpsons in his sig.

I think alot of artists out there suffer from same-face syndrome, I mean look no further than any anime/manga artist lol. Some American comic book artists are no better.

Shinkiro at least very draws well and very detailed.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »
Man, I dunno what this man is talking about, but Shinkiro has a come a LONG WAY from his old days. I've always loved that he's had a clearly defined style and after seeing his work on TvC and MvC3 I'm blown away. He's very versatile with various styles and is able to feel each character. Seeing stuff from Gold Lightan, Deadpool, Zero, Alex, Karas, Ghost Rider, Ironman, and etc. isn't easy. Look at both of the American covers for Marvel 3 (especially Adi Granov's) and tell me who's a more versatile and talented artist. (Not to bash on Adi Granov, but the dude is better at designing costumes and robots than drawing characters)

/derailover

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »
/startderail

The SF cast still works because they're archetypes, rather than individuals. Ryu is the disciplined martial artist, Ken is the hot-headed martial artist; Zangief is the big guy; Honda is the sumo. Other characters are more defined by their personality rather than their fighting style. That's where SNK characters shine. I don't know which fighting style Iori uses, but I do know that dude is pissed and has purple fire. In fact, the only KOF character I identify by style is Kim.