Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184901 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2011, 12:28:25 AM »
Could somebody explain the assist gems?

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2011, 12:44:22 AM »
Could somebody explain the assist gems?

Sure.  Basically gems made for scrubs so they can do moves and defense easier at the price of huge penalties (except for the Auto-Throw tech with a very minor 1/2 meter per tech...but let's be honest, no one's throwing with these crappy ranges anyway).

In other words, if you see someone using them...free win.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2011, 01:35:19 AM »
That's my doubt, I get the easy input gems, but the autotech and autoblock tech, what kind of punishment had?

I need to had gauge to use them, or I will sacrifice my gauge pre match, instead of 3 gauges, I will only had 2?

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2011, 01:39:57 AM »
That's my doubt, I get the easy input gems, but the autotech and autoblock tech, what kind of punishment had?

I need to had gauge to use them, or I will sacrifice my gauge pre match, instead of 3 gauges, I will only had 2?

Every time the auto-block blocks for you,  you lose a meter.  So pretty much, you'll never get punished hard as they'll have no meter for it.

Auto-tech is half a meter you lose for every tech, but like I said...throws are so bad in this game, it's a waste of a slot.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2011, 02:12:50 AM »
Well, in that case imo gems are not that bad, I still think that it will cause more troubles than benefits, but don't see it as something that bad

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2011, 02:22:39 AM »
The problems with gems aren't so much the gems themselves, it's that they were executed horribly.

With the way they're set up now, tourneys would run to a halt if they allowed gems as you can't select them on character select so there'd be as many problems as MK had with its button config.  On top of that, Preorder/DLC Gems are just stupid.  Plus, when TO's do ban gems, which they will unless Capcom makes them more friendly for tourney events, the online doesn't even have a filter for non-Gem users so you can't even use Online to level up reliably.

It's just a big mess right now.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2011, 06:31:26 AM »
^^ Not only are they executed horribly, they're placed in a game already bogged down by too many systems to begin with. You can tell this game was made by throwing darts at board.

/startderail

The SF cast still works because they're archetypes, rather than individuals. Ryu is the disciplined martial artist, Ken is the hot-headed martial artist; Zangief is the big guy; Honda is the sumo. Other characters are more defined by their personality rather than their fighting style. That's where SNK characters shine. I don't know which fighting style Iori uses, but I do know that dude is pissed and has purple fire. In fact, the only KOF character I identify by style is Kim. 

That's a type of character design that you could only get away with in the 90s. SF, FF, AoF, FH, MK and ect. had plenty of those because it was akin to being able to play as Van Damme, Seagal, Mike Tyson, Bruce Lee, anime characters, etc. These days those have been overplayed and don't work anymore. That's why they're forced to make more unique designs now, some that work (like Tekken 6 that keep getting better) and some not so good (Street Fighter IV). This also shows which designs stand the test of time.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2011, 07:19:28 AM »
People are overexaggerating that point.  Honestly, leave out Gems and Pandora, and bring back Chaining to Specials, and the game is perfect...or at least as perfect as this game can get.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2011, 08:09:31 AM »
People are overexaggerating that point.  Honestly, leave out Gems and Pandora, and bring back Chaining to Specials, and the game is perfect...or at least as perfect as this game can get.

Hopefully Capcom is smart enough to leave development open for an on-and-offline mode that does exactly that, and hopefully Capcom is smart enough to make it free if it isn't included in the final console build.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2011, 08:23:52 AM »
People are overexaggerating that point.  Honestly, leave out Gems and Pandora, and bring back Chaining to Specials, and the game is perfect...or at least as perfect as this game can get.

Hopefully Capcom is smart enough to leave development open for an on-and-offline mode that does exactly that, and hopefully Capcom is smart enough to make it free if it isn't included in the final console build.

Not even a mode, it should be in the main game.  If it's a separate mode, then obviously the point didn't get across well enough and the game can STILL go to hell.  Pre-Pandora build, that's what I want, only with more characters.  Nothing more than that.  Hell, I'll buy that build from Capcom, just so something decent from that game can actually see the light of day.

EDIT:

THIS is the game I want, this is the game I want to see the light of day.  Cross Assault is still nice, Chaining into Specials, I mean look how active these fights are.  I'd kill to have THIS SFxT.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:27:36 AM by Saitsuofleaves »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 21, 2011, 10:06:14 AM »
EDIT:

THIS is the game I want, this is the game I want to see the light of day.  Cross Assault is still nice, Chaining into Specials, I mean look how active these fights are.  I'd kill to have THIS SFxT.

I'll give you that, that was a great build and match. Yeah, it is too bad they decided to go experimental on a title they knew we'd want. No one bothered to ask "what's the catch" when it was announced.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2011, 08:48:53 PM »
Except that even with the Pre-Pandora and Gems, there were still many players complaining that the game was marred by being focused on weak attacks into big combos. Just about everyone that played it complained that if you don't have good low shorts for your characters, you might as well not use them.

We could all be wrong, but the fact that the game has been significantly ignored for other fighters consistently in its development time doesn't bode well at all. There simply is almost no hype rolling for this.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 21, 2011, 09:04:14 PM »
Except that even with the Pre-Pandora and Gems, there were still many players complaining that the game was marred by being focused on weak attacks into big combos. Just about everyone that played it complained that if you don't have good low shorts for your characters, you might as well not use them.

We could all be wrong, but the fact that the game has been significantly ignored for other fighters consistently in its development time doesn't bode well at all. There simply is almost no hype rolling for this.

That much could've easily been worked around by just upping the damage scaling when comboing from Lights.  Make it so you can do it, but the damage will really be watered down for it, encouraging good hitconfirms from better pokes and riskier situations.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 22, 2011, 05:34:16 AM »
I would hope they would do something like that, but as it is looking right now, there isn't much hope. As excited as I am for seeing Poison and Hugo make a glorious return and be able to play Bob and King in a game I don't suck at, I really honestly do think this game is going to DOA just like Tatsunoko vs Capcom was.

I dunno, here's hoping the game has glitches that make the game unintentionally better.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2011, 06:10:11 AM »
No, this game is long gone unless they want to go back to the build that match was from.  Since they won't, game's fucked.