Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184940 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2011, 05:49:59 AM »
>_>  Anyway...P-Groove was the worst groove in the game for the most part.  The Grooves you're thinking about A-Groove.

Remember, C-Groove = A3 A-Ism
A-Groove = A3 V-ISM
P-Groove = 3S

S-Groove = I think 98 Extra
N-Groove = 98 Advanced
K-Groove = Garou/Samurai Showdown
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2011, 05:54:26 AM »
Oh shit, you're right. I meant A groove. Lemme' edit my post so I don't look like a scrub.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2011, 03:00:47 PM »
K-Groove is the shit.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2011, 06:40:35 AM »
lol K groove was the only groove I ever used. Sure the Just Defend in it sucked, but for some reason I just liked it. And maybe it's cause I was the only person who used Todoh, Maki and Ryo as my main team. Then again, I really didn't like that game that much. 

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2011, 07:18:56 AM »
K-Groove is the shit.

AMEN!!! K-Groove Geese/Haohmaru/Cammy all day!!! Matter o' fact, K-Groove Hibiki/Raiden/Todoh all day, too!!!

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2011, 11:28:30 AM »
I'd be happy if I could at least play a Benimaru that didn't suck ass.

Yeah, I could live with a CvS2 rebalance...it's not even like the 3S where you can work hard and make anything work.  Nah...anything lower than maybe...Rock Howard tier, and good fucking luck.  Not to mention P-Groove and all that.

But honestly, no, no rerelease of VSav.  You wanna play it, get on GGPO, they won't bite...they'll just body you free for a long time.  But at least you can make a ghetto training mode on it.  If they fuck up the netcode, or it turns into another 3SOE debacle, and VSav is taken from GGPO like 3S (only with less Karnov's Revenge), people will riot.  Do not even risk it.  If it's on GGPO, do not touch it, at all, ever.  If it's on Supercade, don't touch it.

As for the Japanese developer thing, yeah, quality there is really bad these days.  Hell, to reinforce your point, let's look at Metal Gear Rising before Platinum took over.  The ENTIRE game was built around cutting everything and the mechanic.  They thought of that mechanic, and built everything around it, without thinking clearly.  Shit hit the fan, and they had to hand it off to a developer that actually knows what they're doing.

Yeah, I'd go on GGPO if I could. I use a Mac hombre. That's why I'm asking for that, not to mention I hear people having incompatability issues as well. And then there's the fact that most people can't even own it legitimately to begin with. (If you're like me, I refuse emulation unless it's abandonware or I own it.) I would be fine playing offline to be real honest without buying a cabinet.

On Japanese developers: It's an ongoing problem for many developers and you can see it happen time and time again. Sometimes they'll come up with mindblowing ideas that never pan out in the end, are over produced, don't work in a videogame at all or Devil May Cry miracle. (Turn your game from RE4 into one of the best action games of all time.)

Yeah, Japan's weird like that. I respect them for their crazy ideas and different way of thinking but I sometimes wish they would pair that with some western sensibility.

As for Metal Gear Rising, they had a fantastic idea, but they had no experience making balls-out action games work on 60FPS on their FOX engine. No surprise that Platinum stepped up to it.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2011, 05:35:34 PM »
On Japanese developers: It's an ongoing problem for many developers and you can see it happen time and time again. Sometimes they'll come up with mindblowing ideas that never pan out in the end, are over produced, don't work in a videogame at all or Devil May Cry miracle. (Turn your game from RE4 into one of the best action games of all time.)

Yeah, Japan's weird like that. I respect them for their crazy ideas and different way of thinking but I sometimes wish they would pair that with some western sensibility.

As for Metal Gear Rising, they had a fantastic idea, but they had no experience making balls-out action games work on 60FPS on their FOX engine. No surprise that Platinum stepped up to it.

I know there's not much to talk about with SFxT right now, at least nothing positive. This is an interesting enough topic that it deserves its own thread elsewhere - one for Japanese Game Development, the other for the new Metal Gear.

Anyway, I'm getting this feeling from watching a lot of videos now. Anybody else thinking Sakura/Karin might be some kind of down-the-line-DLC?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:18:33 PM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2011, 01:01:04 AM »
Sorry about that. Became a bit sidetracked there for a sec.

But yeah, I think there's going to be some on-disc DLC to be announced. Which wouldn't surprise me at all coming from Capcom. I'm pretty sure Sakura, Karin and R. Mika are probably on the plate along with maybe even Alisa and too. Count on it.

Also, how can you even do Tekken justice without the Paul and Law combo? That should be a damn crime.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2011, 02:31:19 AM »
Also, how can you even do Tekken justice without the Paul and Law combo? That should be a damn crime.

You know, you're absolutely right. Paul and Law are too classic to be left out, and I really wanted to see how Capcom would do them. Paul, a Ken enthusiast who went to Guile's barber, and Law, the flipping kung-fu master that can stay airborn almost as much as Vega. Their transition into the SF4 engine could'be been good, even great.

Truthfully, they'd BETTER show up in the game somehow. As excited as I am for TxSF, the whole point of these games was to see each company's take on the other's characters.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2011, 05:38:09 PM »
Does Capcom feel that the Jershey Shore community is integral to the success of this game? I just saw a video for the first time on this game and those are some pretty orange looking characters!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2011, 06:05:13 PM »
Uh, I have, and I've heard a lot of complaints about the game...that's the FIRST time I've heard that one lol.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2012, 06:03:39 AM »
^^ I'm not entirely sure I noticed that. Can I get some sort of evidence?

You know, you're absolutely right. Paul and Law are too classic to be left out, and I really wanted to see how Capcom would do them. Paul, a Ken enthusiast who went to Guile's barber, and Law, the flipping kung-fu master that can stay airborn almost as much as Vega. Their transition into the SF4 engine could'be been good, even great.

Truthfully, they'd BETTER show up in the game somehow. As excited as I am for TxSF, the whole point of these games was to see each company's take on the other's characters.

The character choices on the Tekken side of things are pretty awful. (Capcom's side is actually pretty good) It's almost like they never actually played these games or ever played it for more than a few moments. I feel little to no love or appreciation that doesn't seem forced or faked.

Choices like Hwoarang, Kuma, Heihachi, and Marduk are rather disgusting.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2012, 06:16:14 AM »
...Heihachi and Hwoarang are forced, lolwut?

If you don't include Hei in this game, people would riot.  Plus the roster seems to be built as much around people who would actually team together as just playability.

With that in mind, if Hei's gonna be in the game, which he damn well should be, Kuma makes the most sense to team with him.  King is obviously an easy choice, Marduk's his best friend, easy add.  Hwoarang is a very decent add.  Brings a style not too often seen in these games and he's also well known enough for people to recognize him.

But since we're on the subject, what would be your Tekken cast at this point, while taking pairs into account?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 01, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »
Oh, and before you do that, to enjoy the new year, I bring you Best Bipson.

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/screenlg11.jpg

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 01, 2012, 10:29:35 PM »
...Heihachi and Hwoarang are forced, lolwut?

If you don't include Hei in this game, people would riot.  Plus the roster seems to be built as much around people who would actually team together as just playability.

With that in mind, if Hei's gonna be in the game, which he damn well should be, Kuma makes the most sense to team with him.  King is obviously an easy choice, Marduk's his best friend, easy add.  Hwoarang is a very decent add.  Brings a style not too often seen in these games and he's also well known enough for people to recognize him.

But since we're on the subject, what would be your Tekken cast at this point, while taking pairs into account?

Easy. Don't do pairs, because that's dumb, forced and they don't even have special intros yet and there's probably going to be no story mode. If Marvel wasn't forced to do pairs of three than neither should this. Not to mention some pairs make no sense. Sagat and Dhalsim (Also this man is a terrible choice) are a tepid team at best, while Bob and Julia make NO SENSE at all.

I've also never seen people explode for love over Heihachi ever. All I hear is why Hei is in and not Jin. Hwoarang's playstyle in the game looks atrocious at best. As far as I've been hearing none of my friends that like Tekken are anywhere hyped for this.

From my perspective:

Lars, Alisa, Paul, Law, Miguel and Jin (Karate) would make better choices than those pointed out and would have more intersting playstyles and they're all more popular.

I mean, it's all opinion, but I don't care, I ain't getting it anyway.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:31:50 PM by Proto Cloud »