Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 184868 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken
« Reply #525 on: February 24, 2012, 04:53:13 AM »
I don't have a problem because I choose which games I'm going to get serious with or not. I own tons of different fighting games and like giving just about everything a shot, it's that lately I've had insurmountable bills to pay and I've got to get stingy with my purchases. (I have no problems going back to MK9 regardless of how rusty I am. Only issue I have is on SFIV because I hate it, I've put little time into and I'm horrible at it.)

But as it is, my attention keeps turning to SGs because it's probably going to be 15 bucks, Virtua Fighter 5 and Persona 4: Arena because of my love for Megaten. Actually, come to think of it, with all that (plus ME3) I wouldn't get much outta SFxTK anyway... :/

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 24, 2012, 05:09:56 AM »
I like trying to be serious with a lot of games so I stretch myself thin.  I like learning FGs so I don't like to half ass too much, but it starts getting to me after a while.

And yeah, that's what I'm saying...there's so much out or coming out, if you aren't REALLY interested in SFxT, you could skip it quite easily, no insult to the game. 
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 24, 2012, 05:22:20 AM »
Heheh, same.

Basically, la noire, yakuza (zombie killing one), dark souls, have all been collecting dust since XIII dropped (was in the middle of all 3). And I really like these titles a lot. Hah, not really worked up about that tho.

The only wiggle-room I have is to fill my 1hr commutes by train with portable gaming time. If I get it, will be for the vita.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 24, 2012, 05:36:16 AM »
You'd think this is the type of thing we'd notice a while ago.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 24, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »
Around an hour of training a day and a few ranked/player matches a night should be enough to keep...

actually that's a lie. My single-player stuff is HEAVILY struggling. Everytime a BioBooster or someone on our level gets on, 15 mins becomes 5 hours. I'm almost willing to switch the formula now where single player gets 1 hour of play a day, and I can go nuts the rest with 13. Sad enough I've got other fighters collecting dust too.

And according to some of what I'm reading, Cross Assault isn't worth watching too much. Is it too much drama, not enough drama, or all stupid?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:23:19 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 24, 2012, 06:51:48 AM »
That's the thing, eventually one of the two sides will take over.  Either you'll go into the FG's too far by habit, or start phasing them out too much by mistake.  The only time I've ever been able to legitimately ration my playing for anything was with God of War 2 where I could only play for 2 hours at a time, but that was less rationing the time for something else and more that...I just couldn't play that game longer than that a day, it took a toll.  Other than that, it's very hard to actually do.

As for CA...yeah, honestly, it's not worth it.  I gave it a chance first day but Team Tekken don't give a shit other than Steve, Aris is too much of a creep, Max and Spooky sound hella bored, and the rules and changes they do are complete BS half the time.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 24, 2012, 07:06:18 AM »
Aris AKA Ghetto Hagrid.  What a guy.  He can't even talk about Tekken well, because he is so inarticulate and gets hung up on stupid things (like the fact that he likes bad characters and unsurprisingly, their moves have bad frames)
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 24, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
Wow, even capcom's reality shows had stupid comeback mechanics

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:07 AM »
Well this is the Company that gave Phoenix Wright a ton of comeback mechanics in his own series.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 24, 2012, 08:54:49 AM »
One of the few cap titles I still stand by. Have played all and going strong.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 24, 2012, 09:01:28 AM »
Damn right, and with AA5 on the way, it can only get better...or they completely jump the shark and piss us all off.

I wonder though...what they will do?

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:54 AM »
That didn't save Wright from [spoiler]getting disbarred in 4.[/spoiler]

Also:

God this show is incredibly awkward. It makes me appreciate how well run Top Shot is. I see how they stole the concept but didn't bother to use all the right elements. If they lost, let them go. Use a host that has charisma and is kind of a dick, use a particular rule set and stick to it, STOP USING GEMS!, use coaches that don't have a past of being sex offender and being "that guy" from the Metallica concert, and get commentators that are officially excited for this. I'm really surprised that they didn't sign on Gems Chen and Pandora David, because on WNF they actually sounded legitimately excited for the game. I lost it when Max didn't even notice one the most obvious references to Terry's Buster Wolf in the training. Man, Max is so lame.

I'll still keep tabs on CA though. I met Hornett in NEC and the guy is really talented, has one of the best Sakura's I've ever seen and he's hella chill. And of course, Tasty Steve, because he's a KOF player.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 24, 2012, 10:06:34 AM »
Damn right, and with AA5 on the way, it can only get better...or they completely jump the shark and piss us all off.

I wonder though...what they will do?

How about...
Marvel vs. Capcom: The Lawsuit

Matt Murdock (a.k.a. Daredevil) vs. Phoenix Wright in a battle of lawyers!

Wait... that actually sounds kinda good...

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 24, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »
use coaches that don't have a past of being sex offender and being "that guy" from the Metallica concert

Seriously, you don't know who those two coaches are?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 24, 2012, 06:15:05 PM »
use coaches that don't have a past of being sex offender and being "that guy" from the Metallica concert

Seriously, you don't know who those two coaches are?

It's that true or not?

Also I don't like how capcom has taken this ''salty meme'' if you could call it like that and make it seem like some bully moments on the reality, I loathe dr sub zero but even I feel bad when all that happened, at least gave the guys some good prize from staying there, everyone should receive at least the limited edition of the game and an arcade stick

Waifu Material