Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 369992 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
I'd be pretty excited for Persona Fighter... it it wasn't being developed by the BB team! ;) The fact that Akihiko has a chance to appear (they confirmed P3 characters) is quite cool.

The only way this has anything to do with XIII is if they paid SNKP to put a Persona team in XIII, to help promote their own fighter! (Which I'd actually be OK with, lol.)

Anyway, the US website update is kinda nice. Most interesting is the images in the "Customize" sub-option of the Online section. We can see that we'll have player icon images, learn that you'll be able to select a default team for online play, and we get to see a large list of colors available on that mod-screen of Leona's palette.

The player Icon images (save for ones like the Mai picture) seem to offer original art too, not just re-purposed versions of the iphone's chibi art. We also see that the team crest are selectable as icons, and that there are loads to unlock.

And last, we get to attach a message to our profile. This is pretty similiar to SSFIV's style, then. Gotta love how one of the messages is a very Terry "OK!"

Quote from: C 3
I know this is off topic, but it crossed my mind and wondered what you guys thought.  Does anybody else feep that the kof story line to a certain degree hinders the series? Characters dying off seems counter productive.  For example, im sure there are heavy d players, orochi series characters, brian players, etc.  That are stuck playing only certain versions because their characters never see new gen games.  Im assuming that was one of the main reasons why the scene was split up.   I know they have dream matches every now and then, but i just dont feel thats enough.  Thoughts?

No, not really. While I'd love to get to play some favorite characters, the fact that the cast and story actually GOES SOMEWHERE is one of the biggest bonuses that KoF has over stagnant stuff like SFIV. The UM games do a great job at keeping everything relevant and bringing back what was important for that specific series, we're much better served on this front than almost any other fighting game series.

KoF is at it's best when it offers change and growth. The only think I think that holds KoF back any, is SNKP's lack of new content output now-a-days, compared to other companies. But if XIII can give them a foundation to stand on, I believe we'll be in a prime position to see them act as a comfortable, profitable company, again.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Personally, I like that the cast changes regularly.  It gives a chance to make space for cool new characters (like Jhun in 99, Vanessa in 2000, Shen and Duo in 2003, etc.).  It gives more reason to play the older games from time to time (consider how often 98 still gets played today, compared to stuff like BBCT or SF2T).  It keeps character selections more fresh (as opposed to the hordes of Ryu/Ken/Guile in SF games).  Yeah, there is the downside of sometimes not getting to play with the characters you like, but I think the cast in every KOF game (possibly not counting 94 and 95, since I didn't play those) is robust enough that you shouldn't have trouble finding at least one team you like.
Old man/bad player

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile

The only way this has anything to do with XIII is if they paid SNKP to put a Persona team in XIII, to help promote their own fighter! (Which I'd actually be OK with, lol.)

What are you trying to say here? P4:TUM X KOF ?!?!?!?!?!!? Oh shit!!! Make it happen Atlus!!!!!!!!!!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile

What are you trying to say here? P4:TUM X KOF ?!?!?!?!?!!? Oh shit!!! Make it happen Atlus!!!!!!!!!!
fuuka blue mary and yukari? TAKE ALL MY MONEY

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Sorry can you guys not talk about Cris' personal life on here, regardless what you know, or what you have heard it's not cool to converse about people's private life on a public board.

Let's stay on topic guys.   Musolini, keep your double posts in check but more importantly stay on topic.

EDIT: Seems there was an update to the KoF Website today. Team K' was added in! They also misspelled "Ray Spin".

Apparently it's been misspelled all these years and Lay Spin is the correct term after the Figure Skating technique, Layback Spin.

I feel a little more pwned.  Engrish:1  Kane317:0
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:03:43 PM by Kane317 »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I'd be pretty excited for Persona Fighter... it it wasn't being developed by the BB team!
I think exactly the same. I loved Persona 4, but I don't like BB, and I don't like 2D sprites with 3D powers...

Anyway, the US website update is kinda nice. Most interesting is the images in the "Customize" sub-option of the Online section. We can see that we'll have player icon images, learn that you'll be able to select a default team for online play, and we get to see a large list of colors available on that mod-screen of Leona's palette.

The player Icon images (save for ones like the Mai picture) seem to offer original art too, not just re-purposed versions of the iphone's chibi art. We also see that the team crest are selectable as icons, and that there are loads to unlock.

And last, we get to attach a message to our profile. This is pretty similiar to SSFIV's style, then. Gotta love how one of the messages is a very Terry "OK!"
Customize Mode will be cool, not only because I like this kind of SFIV's style of profile, but because there will be a lot of content locked, what is always funny to unlock :)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
online for XIII sounds better every second now lets just hope the netcode is pretty good then it will probably end up being my GOTY

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
The Atlus website takes forever to load or is it just my crappy connection? I'm talking specifically about the Characters section.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
The Atlus website takes forever to load or is it just my crappy connection? I'm talking specifically about the Characters section.
i think it just might be you well at least i didn't have any problems

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)
« Reply #1434 on: September 01, 2011, 01:08:49 AM »

Yeah I had to reload it 10+ times to get it to work when I tried. Do you use firefox?
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)
« Reply #1435 on: September 01, 2011, 01:39:06 AM »
Apparently it's been misspelled all these years and Lay Spin is the correct term after the Figure Skating technique, Layback Spin.

I feel a little more pwned.  Engrish:1  Kane317:0
I think it is called Lay Spin in one of the wiki entries (maybe for 2002UM?  too lazy to check *laughs* ).  Granted, I've always just called it the twirl or twirly kick.  Unofficial move names, ftw.

I'd be pretty excited for Persona Fighter... it it wasn't being developed by the BB team!
I think exactly the same. I loved Persona 4, but I don't like BB, and I don't like 2D sprites with 3D powers...
I'm really hoping it ends up being a lot closer to HnK or GG than to BB.  Also, needs more playable Teddy.
Old man/bad player

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 01, 2011, 04:10:33 AM »
Screw Persona, I'm still hoping than atlus swerve us and put a power instinct team on the game

Actually, I don't know why atlus don't make something with the last version of matrimilee, give it as an extra on XIII or launch it in the XBLA/PSN combo, but there atlus had their own franchise which they could try to revive one day if they got some love for FG games

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 01, 2011, 04:42:39 AM »

Yeah I had to reload it 10+ times to get it to work when I tried. Do you use firefox?

Yup, FireFox 6.0.
I had to reload a couple of times and wait some more, but it's finally loaded, i had problems only with the characters section.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st p
« Reply #1438 on: September 01, 2011, 05:04:26 AM »
Fair enough, I respect that.  It will take a bit off getting used to considering i came from the sf scene, where u will easily see the same 12 or  so characters for years on end.  Thanks for the responces!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 01, 2011, 05:19:16 AM »
[spoiler]this is off topic and i dont really care i just watched the KoF movie now i need a hug[/spoiler]