Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 370154 times)

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread: Console Edition
« Reply #795 on: August 12, 2011, 05:14:07 AM »
I feel like people are forgetting that the game's only $50 anyways. At the most the dlc characters can't be more than $15 so it's not going to put you down much more than it would if it was priced regular with the dlc being included.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 12, 2011, 05:29:12 AM »
GAME COMPANIES DON'T OWE CONSUMERS ANYTHING.[/u

thats where your wrong. most gaming companies (especially capcom lately, and activision) will give you the bare minimum and get away with it cause the consumers will buy it none the less. if this argument doesnt hold value for a company they will have to make a product that the people buying it will accept and pay for. its just that the sf and cod folk are willing to accept and buy anything from particular series (cod, mvc, sf) not even arguing about the content.

look at se, people are accepting less andf less from them and its showing in the amount of games they are selling. capcom and activision are companies that can get away with this (se used to be able to do so to, but back then they also actually made good games that overshadowed the not so good ones).

i know for a fact that if capcom made a sf game in 3d and it featured 12 characters and sold for $65 and did poor, the next time they release a game like that theyll either ask $30/40 or have the game feature at least double that amount of characters. or theyd just completely quit it, not likely since making 33 3d characters is still cheap and doesnt consume much time, theyll make a huge profit even if the game would feature 40 characters. lets not even talk about characters with the same jumps arcs and basically same basic design (ryu, ken, gouki, dan etc).

end of the day, they have the power to release a product how they see fit. but when the people dont buy said product and they know they can still sell it if they actually make a better product, they will just have to do that. one of the big reasons capcom went second place after 93 was partly because of these rehashes and still having people pay full dough. people just didnt accept it anymore. now theres a new generation, and its acceptable again, but for how long?

bout xiii, i couldnt care less if game is 40 euros. if theyd actually make a version where you can just buy the game for 5 or 10 bucks more with all content without having to buy psn cards and dl shit i wouldnt have minded at all. now that i think about it, players with no internet are gonna have even more trouble getting the characters. though i suspect 99% of the next genners do have interwebs.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 12, 2011, 05:41:42 AM »
*Feel free to correct anything I say if need be*  

From what I understood, SNKP was going through some financial issues and managerial problems, so releasing the game earlier would probably not have been the best idea...... even if that meant we got the game earlier.  I completely understand that it's frustrating that the console release took as long as it did, especially without any notice of what was going on for those particular months.  I was pretty upset myself.  The thing to keep in mind is that it's better that they took their time to make sure the game is good than rush to put out a piece of crap.  I see it as a privelige that they are making the effort to get our opinions and feelings on the previous takes of 13 to make sure it's good.  Yes, the game has been available to the consumer for a while and maybe should have a bit more to it than it does, but for all we know, most of the stuff we are complaining about is probably there and to be revealed at a later date.

DLC characters are a bit of a pain to download and pay for, but we all need to make money somehow right? From their point of view, they are making a game that a vast majority of the community is happy with (which is a HUGE step up from most companies nowadays that make mediocre games to make a buck), make movements in the right direction to make it even better and plan to add even better things in the future.  The least we can do is shell out a few extra bucks to help support them, which in turn, helps us.  

On top of that, it wouldn't be a great idea to rush or delay extra things in the game any further, especially considering there are people out there wouldn't haven't even been able to touch the game yet.  It's funny how if the game was released earlier, people would complain that they should have made sure it was good.  Now that they took the time, people complain it took too long.  We don't know their agendas and all the things that happen behind the scenes, so who are we to complain? it has been said a million times already: you can't please everybody.... no matter how good something is.  In regards to the stages... i'm sure that is the least of people's concerns when it comes to competitive play.  Sure, a nice looking stage is always nice, but i doubt having a couple simpler stages would make or break a game, especially for die hard fans like ourselves.  

My point is, SNKP is doing what they can to ensure a quality game and while they have made a lot of good moves in the right direction... nobody's perfect.  They are putting in efforts that they frankly don't have to put in, let's show we appreciate it by helping support what they made for us.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 12, 2011, 05:46:30 AM »
Here is how I see it:

What we expected:
  • Arcade Port (Broken Raiden Mayhem)
  • 1 or 2 Extra Character
  • Average Netcode
  • Versus/Training Mode
  • $60 Dllrs Price Tag

What we are getting:
  • Rebalanced version of KOFXIII
  • Full fledged Story mode separated from Arcade Mode
  • Possibly Great Netcode (Basing off NGBC and KOF95 NGStation)
  • Several New Modes: Trials/Gallery/Survival/etc
  • Only Japanese Voices
  • 5 Extra Characters (to be confirmed)
  • DLC Character besides the 5 Extras (to be confirmed)
  • DLC Stages and Music
  • $50 Dllrs Price Tag
  • 4 CDs full of awesome KOF Music as Pre-order Bonus

I don't think we should be complaining a lot. The game has 30+ hand drawn characters, way more than what you will see of any other hand draw sprite base fighter out there, specially with the great animation those sprites have.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 12, 2011, 05:55:32 AM »
The only thing that I will say, is that considering the low standard that SNKP has gave us the last time, the game feels fine from a content perspective

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 12, 2011, 06:27:36 AM »
so uh how bout that saiki

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 12, 2011, 06:42:15 AM »
id like to say that its not complaining, just being a little critical. all the things we are geting from console version, as darkaoz listed are all fine and dandy. but the most important thing for the console release are extra characters not in arcade mode (and the small balance changes that renew old characters). from my point of view they cuold have asked money for anything from good netcode only those who buy dlc netcode, extra bg's to those that buy them, story mode for those that buy it. but instead we get the most important part of the whole game, the fighters that the game revolves around costing money and having to take extra meassueres to get them all playable. i wouldnt have minded them asking money for any of those things except for extra characters. as shibaraz mentioned, what about playing the game somewhere else like in a tournament or at a friends house and not having your favorite character available. i think that juts sucks, but thats just me.

also on the low standard thing: back in 93 till 99 we got the best games when it came to graphics and gameplay and music etc. but some of the later games and collections for ps2, the um's and even kof xi have some of the best content for 2d fighters around. snkp wasnt always this low standard. in fact before the mess thats xii and some bs titles like sss snkp was actually releasing games with the same content we are getting now for xiii. and what we are getting the basically the bare minimums you can get as a console fighter released on disc. from a content point of view kof xii imo was more a dlc game than something actually worthy of being in disc form. snkp wasnt always like this, and kof xiii is actually them getting back on the level they used be at releasing quality games. only 2 things i see that are changed is good netcode and a real story mode (not really, because arcade mode was the real story mode back then).

and i dont think anybody was expecting kof xiii $60 barebones with average netcode. its their last chance to make right, i think everybody was AT LEAST expecting what we are getting now. which is basically a good product and an awesome game.

saikis cool in a way, nice change with the teleports but crap from a design perspective (its ash basically). only thing sepperating him from ash is the teleport moves and that air kick move i saw in the combo vid. billy though, hes a breath of fresh air. nothing bad about him but his stance could have been a lil bit more like the one he had in previous kofs (he even moves better in 95 while having this exact same outfit). but thats a minor gripe, cause in game he animates good. though if i could have a stance or 2 changed, it would be billy and ryo. rest of the cast is pretty much at their most awesommest. cept for ryo and arcanest. arcanest = pyromaniac, right?

edit: xiii headswaps btw? saik/ash, clark/ralph, joe/hwa, mature/vice & iori slash/flame. 10 out of 32? thats still quite a lot but we got more than anough fresh characters that are unique.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 06:46:53 AM by MUSOLINI »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #802 on: August 12, 2011, 07:05:17 AM »
...Arsonist? I think that's what you mean! For a second there, I'm thinking "What's this gotta do with Arcana Heart?!?" which I'm sure you, of all people, wouldn't be talking about, lol.

I think there's been some pretty interesting discussion here, and I'm glad it's all been pretty respectful to each other ^_^ I think we've reached the point where further discussion on the topic would just kinda start to loop now...

I think it's awesome to say that a majority of the KoF community is happy with this package, ranging from "Hey, that's cool!" to "All RIGHT! C'MON! GET SERIOUS! AM I OK?!?!" *collapses from Busta Woulf*

SNKP had good standards in the past, but that was all riding on graphics that the majority found much too old; Now they're still riding on graphics some find old, but a strong amount also find extremely pleasing and wonderful. I love the fact that they're pretty much the only one out there making anything that looks like this ATM (Arcana and BB try, but they only win out in resolution, really...), it's just great to see them perfecting their craft, rather than scrapping it, to do something more accepted.

Rising Star Games is bringing XIII to SVB 2011 this weekend! Good luck to any of you who get to go (Travel Safely!), and hopefully, we get to learn even more about the game / get more confirmations on what we already know / see something new, over this time.

Anyone here attending SVB?

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 12, 2011, 07:10:11 AM »
I wish I could, but can't.  I WILL be watching the stream if there is one though.  This may be asking a bit much, but I have an idea.  We should get 5-6 experienced players, split the cast between them and when they get a chance, test their characters and take notes of their assigned character's changes.  That way we don't leave any characters out and we learn more about the game overall.  Again, I know it's a bit much, but I figure I might as well try

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 12, 2011, 07:10:36 AM »
whats svb and where is it?

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 12, 2011, 07:15:13 AM »
whats svb and where is it?
SVB = Super VS Battle, the UK's best known fighting game tournament. It is located in Byron Hall in Harrow, UK.

http://www.supervsbattle.com/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:17:00 AM by Mikel »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 12, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »
well i wont be there, it starts today and is for a total of 2 or 3 days. wish people did more 1 day tournaments though. i hope we get to see some nice play, i know theres bound to be some good koffers in UK. (as id expect from esp, fra and ita too).

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #807 on: August 12, 2011, 07:24:26 AM »
This may be asking a bit much, but I have an idea.  We should get 5-6 experienced players, split the cast between them and when they get a chance, test their characters and take notes of their assigned character's changes.  That way we don't leave any characters out and we learn more about the game overall.

My addition on to this idea (Or just to the pool of "Is anyone listening?" Ideas): Please make sure to try both strengths of a move, when using them! Like at Otakon, I figured out that Hwa has 2 variations of his Dragon Breaker (command throw distance, and leaping throw distance), and that Yuri has 2 versions of her Hyakuretsu Binta (command throw, and dashing) now, depending on button pressed.

So please check to make sure things such as Clark's SAB DM, Robert's Command Throw, or Leona's Earring Bakudan, dont have different button variations! SNKP seems to be trying to modify button strengths to give characters a better moveset (Such as with Clark's Autogard ;b Argentine Back Breaker), so now that we know that, make sure to keep it in mind while testing!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 12, 2011, 07:29:30 AM »
UK members means well probably see gunsmith & crew? i think these guys should have a fair understanding of the game.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 12, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »
Yeah, Orochinagi crew will be there, Gunsmith was the one who organized for the KOFXIII console to be there. He will be in charge of it and test it, so no worries about that.

There will be a Q&A session with Rising Star Games, but I doubt they will be able to answer many of the questions. But lets see if they leak something by mistake. lol