Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)  (Read 373094 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)
« Reply #1455 on: September 01, 2011, 03:11:12 PM »
I must confess seeing Mai as protagonist made me like the movie (if I didn't pay attention to her fighting costume, her non ninjitsu fighting style and her lack of fans...). Even my brain was telling me that is a very BAD movie. I hated Mature, Vice and Rugal the most.
not surprised any fuck that movie how can they make kyo a japanese kid in some scenes and then turn him into the fuckin kid from never back down

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII 3rd |OT| Thread:Console Edition (UPDATE 8/26 1st page)
« Reply #1456 on: September 01, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »
Ronald McDonald Maxima is great lol. Also Kim looks like one of his sons from Garou, kinda.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 01, 2011, 04:36:20 PM »
Professor posted Benimaru in blue is cosplaying Doraemon, so is some kind of Japan vs. USA match xD
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: September 01, 2011, 05:14:18 PM »
Professor posted Benimaru in blue is cosplaying Doraemon, so is some kind of Japan vs. USA match xD
had a feeling that was doraemon

now if anything i can make a b.jenet alt for mai

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: September 01, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »
http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/file/atlussite1.jpg

SNK, release Leona Fruit Kinect NOW

And Kim Jae Hoon and Ronald McXima are my favorites, Also, I loved that Shen Has an special sign on his back
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:29:57 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: September 01, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »
It looks like not only each team will have an emblem, i can see what it looks like Kyo's emblem, so i think each character will have one too :)

And good to see more chibis, i hope we can see them in full screen and not only as icons.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: September 01, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »
http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/file/atlussite1.jpg

SNK, release Leona Fruit Kinect NOW

Not to burst your bubble, but isn't Fruit Ninja a iPhone game? But I can see why you said Kinect, since Leona is using her full body. Oh well, off topic stuff. lol

The Customization is amazing, it had to be SNKP to step it up and show everybody how it's done. Heck after this I don't mind paying money for any of their DLC, the Customization Option has just save me way more.

EDIT: I thought MMCafe translations were posted here already, but it seems not, let me post them:

Quote from: Professor
Since Toxico hasn't posted translations yet, I'll take the initiative for this round.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/09/post_39.html

For some reason, SNKP isn't calling it "color edit mode". They're calling it "character customization". My guess is that they consider it more than just the usual color editing, since you can make characters look like they've got bionic arms and stuff. Anyways, I'll summarize the points.

Character Customization

- This time, you won't be changing the RGB values. Instead, you'll be picking out of a selection of colours.
- You can save up to 5 presets per character.
- There's going to be a lot of parts that can be colored. Take for example the case of Terry. He has a whopping 21 parts that can be changed, like his shoelaces and belt buckle.
- By default, there's 10 selectable colors per part (the same colors as that of 1P - 10P). In the case of skin color, it'll be a bit different: the left-top color in the selection window will be that of the 1P color, and the rest are shared amongst all characters in the game.
- You can unlock additional colors every time you play with that character. The additional colors are shared between all characters and all parts. (That's exactly what it says in the blog. Make sense? Not completely to me.) New colors have a star icon on them.
- During the customization screen, you can change the character pose by pressing start, which switches the character between three poses: front, back, and misc. The misc pose is different between each character and it basically lets you see places that are usually hidden.
- Example screenshot in blog features Kim and Takuma with Kim Jae Hoon and Khushnood Butt colored costumes. It also features a Doraemon colored Benimaru and Ronald Mcdonald Maxima.

Quote from: Toxico
щ(゚Д゚щ)!!! But there it was nothing there when I went to bed! It's a trap! A conspiracy! I'm being framed!!!

Well, since Prof already accurately surmised what's worth it from the customize article, I'll name a few things from their public events :

Basically, one was in Nagoya and the other one was in Osaka. To make long story short, the Osaka one was held in SNK headquarters and the Nagoya one was held in a local where one of the previews for KoF XII was held; thus the places where much more crowd friendly and pretty much for both events for about the same amount of people that showed up in Tokyo could be found; they are kinda of exited about the support that they are getting.

Now, as a personal note if you are asking me it looks like they weren't interesting in over spending when promoting the game or something; the place for all of these events was "set" from the start we have that Tokyo had to do with a very cheap and uncomfortable location, and the other cities got good places not because they where thinking about the size of the audience, but because it would be cheap to do something there.

Also, about the customize deal, I remember reading that they told us that "parts" for the characters might be available (such as a "with moon" or "without moon" for Yagami's back); I suppose that they are calling it that customization to be more hip and all? Also using a new name for it instead of the old one kinda looks like they are advertising changes to the system instead of keeping it as it was.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:53:43 PM by DarKaoZ »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: September 01, 2011, 09:55:26 PM »
dark fruit ninja is on kinect

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: September 01, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »
Yep

I would have said '''Leona Fruit'' but maybe the joke wouldn't be that clear

Still, I loved the reference with that icon

Waifu Material

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: September 02, 2011, 04:35:56 AM »
Oh yeah, I know it's on Kinect. But since it came out in iPhone first, it sounded weird to call it Kinect Fruit. lol

But yeah, stupid off topic complain. lol

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: September 02, 2011, 05:18:27 AM »
I know 2000 people who just decided that they're gonna main Ronald McDonald Maxima.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: September 02, 2011, 05:24:01 AM »
I will try to make a maxima bison, with the shoulder pads and all those things

Also, I will love to see a head swap for mature without the eye Patch

I really hate it lol

Waifu Material

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: September 02, 2011, 06:16:47 AM »
I wonder if they will include custom items, like Raiden and Takuma's mask, etc, but for more and other characters. That would add a lot of points in my book.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: September 02, 2011, 06:25:19 AM »
I know 2000 people who just decided that they're gonna main Ronald McDonald Maxima.

There's just something demoralizing about getting hit by Ronald McDonald...R.M. Maxima FTW!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: September 02, 2011, 06:31:05 AM »
<--- He doesn't stand a chance against colonel sanders yagami

I must see if there is a way to put colonel sanders on iori outfit

Waifu Material