Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 367951 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #615 on: September 25, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
The gamefly link has a review for Xiaolon Showdown in place for KOF XIII.....
yeah i noticed that too

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 25, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »
Damn, since it's Sunday, I donĀ“t think we will get any official confirmation or denial until tomorrow.

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 25, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »
The gamefly link has a review for Xiaolon Showdown in place for KOF XIII.....
yeah i noticed that too

Is not just the review, but everything: Videos, Screenshots, Cheats, Codes & FAQs, You May Also Like..., is about  Xiaolin Showdown

I just think that, maybe some body make a mistake with the data... well, we will probably know the true sometime around this week... Hopefully!
Xbox live: Chipymax

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 25, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
I'm going to hold out hope that the initial release of the game is going to be a limited run, since it will be bundled with the preorder bonus. The next shipment will be just include game, and will reach more distributors.

You'll notice that Amazon and Gamestop, the two places Atlus told people to preorder, haven't changed their dates.

Still, if it comes down to it, I think a delay is better than needing to patch major problems post-release. IF it comes down to that.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 25, 2011, 08:39:24 PM »
1. Spectator Mode will be added
2. English/Japanese Voice overs will be added to story mode/dialogs.

You are thinking the same thing I am thinking.

Both minds come alike, huh? And my guess for the delay is that Sony most likely denied the PS3 version for a disc release the first time. Could it be because of the lack of an English Dub? or probably something else?

And while there is some spoken English in the game, that probably did not comply with the "English Dub must be required for foreign games if sold on disc" policy.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:42:38 PM by Mikel »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 25, 2011, 09:02:10 PM »
I can't believe people are taking such a flimsy rumor so seriously. The official Atlus KOFXIII site still says October so every one can just chill out. Unless Atlus or SNKP says something I'm not going to even consider such a silly rumor.

I mean what evidence do you guys have? Some dude who says he works at gamestop and the release date posted on Gamefly? I'm not going to trust some random guy and I have heard nothing good about gamefly and they are probably on the bottom of my list of game distributors to trust. And as some one else said, the initial run of this game may be limited to only a few retailers.

While I certainly believe there is always a possibility of a delay. This weak-ass rumor is not a good reason to think one is happening.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 25, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »
1. Spectator Mode will be added
2. English/Japanese Voice overs will be added to story mode/dialogs.

You are thinking the same thing I am thinking.

Both minds come alike, huh?

I rarely speak in absolutes, but no. They don't delay a game one month to add extra features that aren't necessary to selling the game. You do realize that adding voices for all the story scenes would involve recording the voices of almost forty people, right? And that's not even counting English voices. Do you honestly think SNKP said to themselves "Well, we could release the game on time, but fuck it! Let's spend a ton of time and money adding voices to our game. It's okay though, because it won't increase our sales at all!"

And my guess for the delay is that Sony most likely denied the PS3 version for a disc release the first time. Could it be because of the lack of an English Dub? or probably something else?

And while there is some spoken English in the game, that probably did not comply with the "English Dub must be required for foreign games if sold on disc" policy.

Ask yourself, have you ever heard of a PS3 game being announced for a disc release, and then Sony pulling the plug? Have you? No? That's because it's never happened. Companies don't announce disk releases and THEN go ask Sony for permission. It's the other way around.

Also, don't make up policies that don't exist. The Yakuza games were subbed.

Look, the fact is that no delay has been confirmed. If it is, it'll be to fix some glaring problem with the game that would prevent them from selling it. Something like excessive slowdown, maybe excessive loading, or perhaps netcode.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 25, 2011, 09:35:18 PM »
Ask yourself, have you ever heard of a PS3 game being announced for a disc release, and then Sony pulling the plug? Have you? No? That's because it's never happened. Companies don't announce disk releases and THEN go ask Sony for permission. It's the other way around.

Also, don't make up policies that don't exist. The Yakuza games were subbed.

Look, the fact is that no delay has been confirmed. If it is, it'll be to fix some glaring problem with the game that would prevent them from selling it. Something like excessive slowdown, maybe excessive loading, or perhaps netcode.

Section 8 was the first game I have heard of that was intended for a disc release for PS3. But it was canceled and later revived as a PSN game. But it was released as such for different reasons.

The policy does exist. Yakuza was released on disc, even with English subs because it took place in Japan, and they believe it would make more sense if Yakuza were Japanese voice only with subs because of the setting. The policy was most likely the reason of why Battle Fantasia and Agarest War 1 were released on PSN, as they don't have English voice overs, but Agarest War Zero is an entirely different story because they have managed to bypass it.

I understand what you mean greatly as well.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:44:20 PM by Mikel »

SilverPhoenix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 25, 2011, 09:43:09 PM »
Even if the game is delayed (and until Atlus says so, I don't believe that rumor for one second, simply because it could've been started by someone who doesn't want the game to do well.) then they might as well wait till January to release it for these interconnecting reasons.

1) November is where every non-high profile game will be sent to die. The month is far too loaded for a title like KoF XIII to get the attention it deserves.

2) Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is getting released on November 15th, which means that any fighting game released within 4 - 6 weeks of its release (And just to get this out of the way... Yes I do believe SNKP/Atlus are pushing it with an October 25th Release) that's not named Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat  will almost certainly get ignored by potential American (and possibly Western) Consumers at large. KoF XIII might have legs, but it needs to be released where the attention of the consumers is at a maximum and the competition is at a minimum

3) If its not released in October, January 2012 is the "ideal" spot where this game can do well. November is not going to work and December is usually an extension of what sells in November. There has been precedents where January games do relatively well simply because there are dollars to be spent due to a dearth of releases at this time. Also, SF X Tekken is more than likely a Fiscal 4th Quarter release, which means that it'll be till April before SNKP and Atlus will have another month where they can command as much of the spotlight as possible.

Also, (and this reason is independent of the others) as has been said before, SNKP and Atlus need to make sure that this product is as solid as possible. They've already done an EXCELLENT job with the added Story, Challenge and Tutorial modes, but being a niche product they need to make sure that the "hater fuel" is at an absolute minimum. Which means that the netcode needs to be solid and the loading is at the bare minimum. Those things are far more important than Spectator Mode and must be at their very best.

Finally, it would be nice to rethink their current DLC characters. I rather wait another 6 - 8 months for unique DLC characters than have EX Characters as DLC. And if the current 4 have to be DLC, make sure they're fairly priced (and I'd say fairly priced would be 240 MS Points/$2.99.) and give some us unique ones down the road.

That's my 22 cents on the probable situation.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:49:50 PM by SilverPhoenix »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 25, 2011, 09:53:09 PM »
I agree with the above poster. I really think the companies we're dealing with aren't absolutely idiotic and want their game to do poorly. So the release date might get pushed back even farther OR just stay where it is. Either way, there's nothing tangible to sink or teeth in to prove the rumor is correct except a few secondary providers.

We'll just have to wait for monday. Anyway, off to Southtown, later ladies and gents.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 25, 2011, 09:56:02 PM »
@SilverPhoenix: I do agreed the game should be released in January 2012 instead of November if the delay rumor is indeed true. October was the perfect month to release the game, the hype has been gather and the game is getting some spotlight, but if it gets delayed other games releases will cloud the game spotlight.

I just want to see if the delay is true or not, and if it's, I want ATLUS to say the reason, even if they say "the game wasn't ready". I just hope if they delay the game, they do indeed add something else at the very least. It doesn't have to be spectator mode or dubs (but spectator mode would help a lot), they can just give us EX Iori as a pre-order bonus too. That would be ok in my book.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 25, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »
@SilverPhoenix: I agree, if the game is released on January 2012, there wouldn't be a problem. There is a lot of hype since the announcement in E3, since then, the game got attention at Otakon and EVO.

@DarKaoZ: I would love to have EX Iori as a preorder bonus as well. That should make up for the delay. ;)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 25, 2011, 10:40:56 PM »
I really hope it isn't delayed. This is their small window of release without heavy competition. I don't want to wait another 3 months for release just because some over hyped Capcom game is coming out. But, if it is delayed one could hope that this would make the netcode even better.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 25, 2011, 10:43:22 PM »
Guys, be cool! I have something to show you here. Look at the Japanese on the left hand corner. Don't understand it? I can tell you. It says "Release on October 27th, 2011." If the official site says so, then there is no reason to believe in the rumor.

Also, SNKP now is like holding their last breath and KOF XIII is their only chance to get back to life. I seriously don't believe they will give up this chance and try to crush with Takken. For a company like it, I don't think it is a very smart idea.
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #629 on: September 26, 2011, 12:09:45 AM »
SNK Delaymore is back.

Remember how many times KOFXI, NGBC and KOF98UM were delayed for western release?