Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364848 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 9/9 1st page)
« Reply #780 on: September 29, 2011, 12:38:43 AM »
Atlus announced November 22th as a new date, I doubt that they will that stupid to throw a random date and hoping that SNKP will finish it to release the game at that time

Unfortunately the one making the game is SNKP, ATLUS & RGS are just releasing that game in the other continents. ATLUS might have posted a date, but the one that has the final word on the date is SNKP, unfortunately.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 29, 2011, 12:43:11 AM »
That's true, but well, I just hope that SNKP don't break relations with atlus for stupid errors like that, at least for that I think that they will not delayed the game that more, plus as we saw in the early builds, isn't like they need to finish lots of things, at some places the game even looks almost finished.

I don't know if it's been possible that Atlus and RSG will release the game first since they need something to compete on christmas, while SNKP will just release later just to avoid competition in Japan

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #782 on: September 29, 2011, 12:56:22 AM »
Unfortunately the one making the game is SNKP, ATLUS & RGS are just releasing that game in the other continents. ATLUS might have posted a date, but the one that has the final word on the date is SNKP, unfortunately.

It would be very stupid and immature of Atlus to post a date "just to pressure" SNKP though. They never had a confident release date posted anywhere (they never supported the Oct 25th one anywhere but on Game Informer's vid), but now they're boldly plastering 11/22/11 on their site, and all over a mass-media press release.

Random thought, but I love the art from the iPhone games, lol. I don't know if SNKP figured it'd make it's way onto the net and be plastered places, but it's all so well-rendered, with solid resolution for the sprites, and overall just very classy. I really hope it's made a greater range of people conscious of the quality that this game presents in it's characters, stages, and artworks.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 29, 2011, 01:22:28 AM »
It wouldn't be unheard of for Japan to get the game after the US, but the difference would probably only be a few days.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 29, 2011, 02:19:09 AM »
KOF XIII might actually be using MVC3's hype to fuel their own game's marketing, since umvc3 is just a 5 characters expansion, and since KOF XIII is an immensely iconic new entry of the series, totally new for ps3, it's worth it way more, and that's how marketing will make it look like.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 29, 2011, 02:22:11 AM »
KOF XIII might actually be using MVC3's hype to fuel their own game's marketing, since umvc3 is just a 5 characters expansion, and since KOF XIII is an immensely iconic new entry of the series, totally new for ps3, it's worth it way more, and that's how marketing will make it look like.

IIRC UMvC3 it has 8 new characters, but dunno how using UMvC3 hype will work for KOFXIII.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 29, 2011, 02:24:29 AM »

IIRC UMvC3 it has 8 new characters, but dunno how using UMvC3 hype will work for KOFXIII.
i think it was 12 new characters  also i have to agree with you i dont see how any hype for marvel could bleed over to KoF "awwwww dude marvel is sick this is so much better than the last one now im totally hyped for KoF XIII" does that sound right to you?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:26:56 AM by Xxenace »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 29, 2011, 02:27:59 AM »
Yep, Marvel under no way will help XIII except for people who don't liked the game/ got sick of it and will want to try another fighter

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #788 on: September 29, 2011, 02:33:55 AM »
Yeah, UMvC3 has 12 new Characters. Strider, Firebrand, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Nemesis, Vergil, Iron Fist, Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon, Nova, Frank West. Brings their Roster up to 50 characters.

And it's nice to see you actually talk in a conversation, pablofsi, rather than just dropping hints ;) Your Theroy of KoF using MVC to properl it, remind me of Working Designs "If you buy one RPG this year... Get Final Fantasy VII. If you buy 2, Get Lunar!" marketing strategy, lol.

I feel XIII has the content and freshness to stand VS it's competition, but not sure if that's a workable platform, unless Atlus REALLY wanted to push it. A lot of people DON'T agree, and I think it's more risky than need be. It'd be pretty bold if they tried it, however.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 29, 2011, 02:35:58 AM »
I feel Atlus could be putting commercials out for it atleast. Maybe that seems old hat, but they really need to reach casual gamers.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 29, 2011, 02:38:02 AM »
It's 12 Characters, but it doesn't really matter.

SNKP and Atlus isn't going to run a smear campaign ala EA to get people to come over to their game.  And it will be really hard to straight up win an advertisement campaign when it's not that popular of a series outside of a few areas while UMvC3 can garner attention on name and flashiness alone.

In the General Market it has nothing over UMvC3, not even price, and to straight casuals the month is loaded with a lot of heavy hitting non-FG's to deal with (including the generic FPS that shall not be named).

Now as for the FG community, XIII obviously has the KOF community and those looking to enter the series with this game or are people now on the Capcom hate train and need a vehicle in order to really fuel their rants.  It had a really solid chance of gaining steam with those wanting something to play before UMvC3's release (and the possibility those may just prefer it instead rather than wait it out).  But as of now, people would have to choose either to spend $90 on both, or to decide between one or the other and outside of disaster, those on the fence at that point will probably choose UMvC3 which doesn't bode well for XIII's sales.

Now I believe the change won't affect sales TOO much (most of the people that it will lose are only those that were probably going to use XIII as a go between until UMvC3), but every lost sale can indeed be annoying to a game series trying to desperately regain it's place.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 29, 2011, 02:43:50 AM »
Don't Atlus have a NA hq in the US?

Ign, Gamespot, Gametrailers are all located in San Fransisco, them 3 alone can accumulate a lot of traffic in their site, just like they did the preview with Gameinformer, doing previews guys will really help, even if it gets someone who wasn't interested in the first place to  take a look. I really want to see snkp do a revamp version of technical references that include the changes done for the console ver. and maybe videos of the staff working on the game to show people that they not slacking off but putting hard work into it.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #792 on: September 29, 2011, 03:32:43 AM »
It's freaky, because Ignition did some of the things you 2 mention.

Shane of Ignition went to Japan, and showed conducted a Nice Interview. They released casual-appealing trailers (Such as the "One way or Another" Sousai trailer, or this "Legacy" Trailer), they made sure each of the trailers recieved attention on sites like 1up and Gamespot (Which Atlus is doing some of, as well), and I think they even KoF to sponsor something like UFC one night, though I can't find a source for that anymore...

Then you had the KoF XII Tourney Ignition sponsored, with the grand prize a KoF XII Arcade machine! They also had a fanart contest, and the voting on US cover arts, after they revealed the poor photoshop-like coverart they orignally came up with.

I like how personal it all started to feel by the end. Very western-themed trailers, complimenting the very Japanese variety of SNKP's own, a peek into the SNKP officies, and a big KoF Tourney with it's own expensive prize. Ignition definitely tried with what they had, and you have to respect them for at least that much.

SNKP also stepped up their promo materials for XIII's arcade release. Maybe once Atlus is finished with their own special move intro vids, we can get something more in-depth, like the Tech References. It's pretty hard to know how unique the EX moves in this game can be some times, with what's been shown to the casual press so far.

The Con-going stuff Atlus (and Rising Star!) have done so far has been very nice, however. Just hope they can share those kind of efforts, with an even larger audience.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 29, 2011, 03:43:11 AM »
i do have to say i did like ignitions trailers a lot the atlus ones are just kind of ok-ish

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 29, 2011, 04:03:55 AM »
Some of the trailers were nice, but I can´t stand the Sousai one. It looks retarted imo. Sorry, but I don´t like what they did, KOF doesn´t go with some cute pop song. KOF is supposed to be bad-ass.
Anyway, at least we will have an update on KOF´s blog soon with something and I really hope there's some direct feed videos from Paris Manga but I seriously doubt that will happen.