Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 367747 times)

freddie1999

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1005 on: October 09, 2011, 11:58:10 PM »
Maybe its not being promoted until the loading/slowdown bugs are fixed or there something new to show.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 10, 2011, 12:21:27 AM »
Maybe its not being promoted until the loading/slowdown bugs are fixed or there something new to show.

That's not a bug. All the slowdowns are caused by there not being a hard drive and being run on a debugged machine. The actual game won't be that bad.

Para Para Pony

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 10, 2011, 01:13:00 AM »
eh... honestly i just think atlus needs to advertise more. all my fighting game buds know about XIII and are a little hyped for it but had no idea it was coming out soon at all, so i think word of mouth is doing pretty well.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 10, 2011, 02:08:34 AM »
funny thing is i know atlus will be all over the persona fighting game

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 10, 2011, 03:35:49 AM »
Man, I hate being the guy to say this but you guys need to turn the whining down a few notches. Atlus would have to be insane to waste the kind of time and money you guys are asking for to promote this game. Seriously, if they go a week without announcing something new you guys start complaining they aren't doing enough and that's just silly. I would love to see this game brought to a wider audience just as much as any of you but a giant marketing blitz isn't going to happen. The KOF franchise has consistently failed to gain a foothold in the US since it's inception almost 20 years ago. A smart publisher trying to get it established here would do it in baby steps.

With all that said they may step things up a bit later on. But I can guarantee it won't be till the release day is nearly at hand.

I know everyone is really tense right now as we are getting closer and closer to release. Just take deep breaths and relax. It will be okay.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 10, 2011, 04:50:12 AM »
Man, I hate being the guy to say this but you guys need to turn the whining down a few notches. Atlus would have to be insane to waste the kind of time and money you guys are asking for to promote this game. Seriously, if they go a week without announcing something new you guys start complaining they aren't doing enough and that's just silly. I would love to see this game brought to a wider audience just as much as any of you but a giant marketing blitz isn't going to happen. The KOF franchise has consistently failed to gain a foothold in the US since it's inception almost 20 years ago. A smart publisher trying to get it established here would do it in baby steps.

With all that said they may step things up a bit later on. But I can guarantee it won't be till the release day is nearly at hand.

I know everyone is really tense right now as we are getting closer and closer to release. Just take deep breaths and relax. It will be okay.
nope and honestly what promoting is there left to do for the game when it's out? and most people here are worried because there have been many conventions happening round the US and atlus either hasn't been there or either brought catherine instead of KoF while RSG on the other has been taking it along everywhere

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 10, 2011, 06:44:53 AM »
So let me get this straight you guys want Atlus to a) stop promoting there other games because 13 is close to coming out and they should just abandon those games b) they should spend money on every convention even though it's highly likely that they probably haven't gone to them because they can't afford to attend every convention. c)they should advertise more but why wouldn't they want to advertise more? but once again can they really afford to do that? Also it's not like Catherine, Persona etc. had huge marketing budgets compared to KOF most of the advertising was centered around the time the game came out opposed to weeks in advance because once again they can't afford to spend money like Capcom or Namco. Seriously people take a step and think to yourself why did they move the release back? because to me that says look guys we need a bit more time to improve the game so you get a quality product and Atlus has included a huge preorder bonus
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:09:07 AM by baccano1932 »
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 10, 2011, 07:00:17 AM »
make it say 22 again

i liked that

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 10, 2011, 07:14:46 AM »
RSG is no Capcom or Namco, but they can afford a booth and two staffers to be responsible for a debugged XBOX360. All I'm pointing out is the lack of exposure for XIII. It doesn't take a huge thing to put the game in the hands of arcades around the states and give it a shot. Why does Catherine need promoting when its already released?

My point is if we weren't carrying the game around, nobody would even know about it. Their marketing budgets are not small business status. I'm not saying we should just whine and do nothing. I am saying we should get in someone's ear about this as a whole.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 10, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
I had a big rant ready to go but I don't wanna be an asshole, all I'll say is I'm frustrated, lots of people are frustrated, and Atlus promoting Catherine at Dromstruction isn't really helping, refusing to float a demo to Southtown Arcade so they can do a similar event to Ultimate Norcal vs Capcom isn't helping. We're doing everything we can here to push this game and while I understand, respect and HOPE that they have their own genius ideas for how to promote this game, I can also see how the mood around the fan can start shifting to bipolar-esque states. I'll agree with MTMadman, we gotta be patient, it'll be out eventually...

...Okay I lied, I'm also gonna say, and some of my best friends play this game, FUCK CATHERINE! Damn you Dacidbro!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 10, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »
i gotta say the people bitching are right, so it's not bitching imo. the people bitching about people bitching are bitching because the people bitching first where right in their bitching, unlike the people bitching about other people bitching.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 10, 2011, 04:54:25 PM »
I had a big rant ready to go but I don't wanna be an asshole, all I'll say is I'm frustrated, lots of people are frustrated, and Atlus promoting Catherine at Dromstruction isn't really helping, refusing to float a demo to Southtown Arcade so they can do a similar event to Ultimate Norcal vs Capcom isn't helping. We're doing everything we can here to push this game and while I understand, respect and HOPE that they have their own genius ideas for how to promote this game, I can also see how the mood around the fan can start shifting to bipolar-esque states. I'll agree with MTMadman, we gotta be patient, it'll be out eventually...

...Okay I lied, I'm also gonna say, and some of my best friends play this game, FUCK CATHERINE! Damn you Dacidbro!

I got no problem with them promoting Katherine, but if you are promoting one game why not  two??... and RSG is doing a better job to get the game (XIII) to the hands of people that knows how to play the game, I like to see something similar to the Ultimate Norcal vs Capcom too!
Xbox live: Chipymax

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 10, 2011, 05:50:04 PM »
Not really, Catherine is a surprise, out-of-nowhere hit in the FGC lately.

KOF I wouldn't invest too much into right now until it goes gold and we know it's coming out next month.  I'm concerned another delay is possible.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 10, 2011, 07:46:40 PM »
RSG is no Capcom or Namco, but they can afford a booth and two staffers to be responsible for a debugged XBOX360. All I'm pointing out is the lack of exposure for XIII. It doesn't take a huge thing to put the game in the hands of arcades around the states and give it a shot. Why does Catherine need promoting when its already released?

My point is if we weren't carrying the game around, nobody would even know about it. Their marketing budgets are not small business status. I'm not saying we should just whine and do nothing. I am saying we should get in someone's ear about this as a whole.

Okay for starters going to an event isn't as simple as it might seem as a lot of time, planning and money is needed to effectively demonstrate the game, also everytime Atlus does show the game all people do is bitch about the slow load times, the staff and also if I recall correctly people complained about the PAX both being too small and no one could see it/find it. Also regarding Catherine historically a lot of Atlus'most succesful games don't sell all at once in their first couple of months but rather sell consistent numbers over an extended period of time so advertising Catherine now makes perfect sense to me since it has sold very well(by Atlus' standards) and they clearly recognize people are still interested in the game and want to reach a bigger audience with it. Also in regards to conventions and  HaxMurderer mentioned a Ultimate Norcal vs Capcom type event and while these are all well and good ideas, Atlus probably don't have complete control over the game and likely have to get SNKP's permission regarding things like showing it and other logistical details that SNKP historically has been very rigid about and usually makes everyone else do things their way.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 10, 2011, 08:34:30 PM »
Personally, I think continuing to market a game post-release is a great idea and more companies should do it. The current business model of betting EVERYTHING on launch sales is far too risky, and bad for the industry as a whole.

I really, really hope Atlus continues to push XIII post-release. Even more than Catherine, I think XIII will benefit from post-release marketing.

1. No annoying load times or music-hiccups to worry about (I hope).

2. People will know for certain how good the netcode is (I pray). SNK's poor reputation in this area is killing a lot of people's hype for XIII.

3. The holidays are a really crowded time to be marketing a game. There's just too much coming out that people are excited for. Not just other fighters, but in general. Reminding players that they overlooked an awesome game from last year can't hurt.

I'd be fine with Atlus taking a "slow burn" approach to XIII's marketing.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:37:56 PM by Rex Dart »