Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364681 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1035 on: October 11, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »
The problem with the whole ragequitter thing is that...it's hard to find something to discourage ragequitting, as half of them are on pure emotion instead of common sense.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 11, 2011, 12:12:00 AM »
Now I really want to see Botan playable =[

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 11, 2011, 12:14:39 AM »
The problem with the whole ragequitter thing is that...it's hard to find something to discourage ragequitting, as half of them are on pure emotion instead of common sense.
it's not that hard just give a person a loss for disconnecting dont see why devs find this so hard

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 11, 2011, 12:18:12 AM »
it's not that hard just give a person a loss for disconnecting dont see why devs find this so hard

It's not even that.  Just giving them a loss won't stop the ragequitting.  I couldn't care less if the person quitting gets a loss or not, but them quitting is effectively a waste of my time.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 11, 2011, 12:22:06 AM »

It's not even that.  Just giving them a loss won't stop the ragequitting.  I couldn't care less if the person quitting gets a loss or not, but them quitting is effectively a waste of my time.
generally if they dont get anything out of it they usually stop bro besides you get a free win anyway

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 11, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »

generally if they dont get anything out of it they usually stop bro besides you get a free win anyway

If I honestly cared about wins outside of a tournament setting, then yeah that'd be nice, but I don't.  All I care about is having great matches and working my way up to be truly competitive and actually enter the scene truly.  If I beat someone so badly that they had to RQ, it wasted my time, because they probably weren't worth playing against in the first place and thrashing someone doesn't help me get better.  I'd rather be the one getting mauled than the one doing the mauling.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 11, 2011, 12:43:09 AM »

If I honestly cared about wins outside of a tournament setting, then yeah that'd be nice, but I don't.  All I care about is having great matches and working my way up to be truly competitive and actually enter the scene truly.  If I beat someone so badly that they had to RQ, it wasted my time, because they probably weren't worth playing against in the first place and thrashing someone doesn't help me get better.  I'd rather be the one getting mauled than the one doing the mauling.
i guess i understand though im not really a competitive person

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 11, 2011, 01:31:42 AM »
I personally plan to send every ragequitter I meet a personal message thanking them for the win. Personally.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 11, 2011, 01:32:13 AM »
Interesting tidbit of this interview with Ono by EGM:

EGM: Then, before I leave, since everybody is always telling you on Twitter or wherever else what they want from you and Capcom… I want Capcom vs. SNK 3.

ONO: Ahhhh. [laughs] I wasn’t necessarily sold on that idea until I played The King of Fighters XIII. I’m actually really impressed with it, and think they did a great job with it. So, you know, I’m open to the idea, at least more than I was before.

Full interview: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/egm-interviewyoshinori-ono/

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 11, 2011, 01:44:24 AM »

EGM: Then, before I leave, since everybody is always telling you on Twitter or wherever else what they want from you and Capcom… I want Capcom vs. SNK 3.

ONO: Ahhhh. [laughs] I wasn’t necessarily sold on that idea until I played The King of Fighters XIII. I’m actually really impressed with it, and think they did a great job with it. So, you know, I’m open to the idea, at least more than I was before.

Trust me, the only thing to take away from the article is the part where he likes KOFXIII.  Everything else is possible trolling, and the rage that will be felt for miles if people found out that Ono would be involved with a CvS3 would not be worth it.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 11, 2011, 01:45:33 AM »
What's with this fandom for CVS3? It's not like they're going to add updated grooves or machanics from previous fg titles that started in 2009 and up. Nice to see someone like Ono's impression of the KOF XIII.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 02:02:08 AM by AmedoS310 »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 11, 2011, 01:55:35 AM »

Trust me, the only thing to take away from the article is the part where he likes KOFXIII.  Everything else is possible trolling, and the rage that will be felt for miles if people found out that Ono would be involved with a CvS3 would not be worth it.
i dont think it's trolling to much id kinda figure capcom would at least put some though into cvs3 if XIII got enough attention and im all for a cvs3 provided capcom doesn't do it regular costume pack bullshit and make the snk side not shitty

edit: ono could still eat a fat dick though

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 11, 2011, 02:05:12 AM »

Trust me, the only thing to take away from the article is the part where he likes KOFXIII.  Everything else is possible trolling, and the rage that will be felt for miles if people found out that Ono would be involved with a CvS3 would not be worth it.
i dont think it's trolling to much id kinda figure capcom would at least put some though into cvs3 if XIII got enough attention and im all for a cvs3 provided capcom doesn't do it regular costume pack bullshit and make the snk side not shitty

edit: ono could still eat a fat dick though

Or you know, instead we can just get a new SvC that we know could actually be decent (provided they use the new KOFXII/XIII updated sprites) with SNKP actually trying (rather than just putting something just to fulfill the contractual obligations).

Regardless, if all goes well, neither will happen and both companies focus on in-house games.

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 11, 2011, 02:08:44 AM »
CvS2 was amusing in it's day, but I'd rather have a new Fatal Fury than a new CvS/SvC

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 11, 2011, 02:10:53 AM »
yes a new fatal fury would be nice

and as for capcom

they love cross overs and money so it will happen eventually because i dont think anybody wants a my little pony vs capcom just yet