Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364814 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1065 on: October 12, 2011, 02:05:43 AM »
so uh 96 's netcode is pretty good my only complaint with the game is that controls feel way too stiff

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 12, 2011, 02:25:59 AM »
so uh 96 's netcode is pretty good my only complaint with the game is that controls feel way too stiff

that's how it's supposed to control. 96 is like the bad apple in between good apples (95 & 97).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 12, 2011, 02:42:32 AM »

That's like every KOF pre-XI, though.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 12, 2011, 02:47:13 AM »
nilcam and I just finished a set of 96 over PSN. No problems with netcode on my end. Man, it's such a flashback. I haven't played 96 since forever. I remember once 97 came out, I never looked back lol. I hope that XIII's netcode is comparable or even better. I would have no complaints with that.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 12, 2011, 04:25:42 AM »

well i was talking about pulling of move for some reason i cant pull off simple shit when i want to

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 12, 2011, 04:47:27 AM »
My preference for rage quitters is the Arcsys red name approach.  That way you can choose to not play them.

I'd throw in one other penalty- red bar folks can be ragequit on with no penalty, so they can know what it feels like.

Having no penalties just doesn't work- HDR was the worst wasteland I've even see due to this.

As for KOF96, the stiff controls I remember also being in the arcade version, so it's probably WAD.

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 12, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »
Everyone gets a legitimate disconnect every now and then.  Red name should only stay for a given length of time, but perhaps include a stat track that shows disconnects in addition to wins/losses.  That way the red name is the first warning, and you can check to see if they have a habit of doing it, or if the number is low they may have just had a bad connection.

The higher that number is, though, the longer their name should stay red.

derpsunagi79

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 12, 2011, 07:36:09 AM »

well i was talking about pulling of move for some reason i cant pull off simple shit when i want to

You have to be pinpoint  accurate and ultra fast, the controls in 96 are retarded even doing a simple bnb mission let alone harder combos, besides it's 96  just do qcb hk  then up hk with chin it's all you need.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 12, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »

You have to be pinpoint  accurate and ultra fast, the controls in 96 are retarded even doing a simple bnb mission let alone harder combos, besides it's 96  just do qcb hk  then up hk with chin it's all you need.
never liked chin and who ever i played against today in 96 made me hate him more

also

is there any hope that the controls in 97 are better?

derpsunagi79

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 12, 2011, 08:32:39 AM »

You have to be pinpoint  accurate and ultra fast, the controls in 96 are retarded even doing a simple bnb mission let alone harder combos, besides it's 96  just do qcb hk  then up hk with chin it's all you need.
never liked chin and who ever i played against today in 96 made me hate him more

also

haha yeah chin is pretty stupid, can be beaten though, its just really hard/hard

Yeah the controls in 97 are much better, probably at the best/ simplist upto xi maybe, the problem with 96 was that jump in's even when not maxed give alot of push back, couple with the fact you had to be really fast and really accurate just made the game really annoying to play and hard, and then you put in all the gay crap that's in the game,  chin iori clark mature,  glitches, no stun recovery, retarded   jump Cd's just made 96 crap, dont get me wrong i loved it back in the day, but now i wouldn't touch it, but then i wouldn't touch 97 or 95 for that matter, even 98 maybe

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 12, 2011, 08:57:49 AM »

Nope. I'd say every pre-2003 KOF games has stiff controls. 2003 has so good controls that it rivals XI. Or am I only one who thinks like that?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 12, 2011, 09:06:50 AM »

also

haha yeah chin is pretty stupid, can be beaten though, its just really hard/hard

Yeah the controls in 97 are much better, probably at the best/ simplist upto xi maybe, the problem with 96 was that jump in's even when not maxed give alot of push back, couple with the fact you had to be really fast and really accurate just made the game really annoying to play and hard, and then you put in all the gay crap that's in the game,  chin iori clark mature,  glitches, no stun recovery, retarded   jump Cd's just made 96 crap, dont get me wrong i loved it back in the day, but now i wouldn't touch it, but then i wouldn't touch 97 or 95 for that matter, even 98 maybe
well thats a relief cause honestly i feel a bit bad about buying 96 now

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 12, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »

Nope. I'd say every pre-2003 KOF games has stiff controls. 2003 has so good controls that it rivals XI. Or am I only one who thinks like that?

For me 2003 is worse than any other KOF ever control wise

Waifu Material

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

Alucard DX

• Rising Dragon
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 12, 2011, 01:21:38 PM »
They are taking to much time to reveal the rest of the character at least tell us the names.

When 98 UM and 2002 UM was in development SNK show much more info on the games.

The waiting for the game is killing me LOL.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:23:26 PM by Alucard DX »