Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364659 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1140 on: October 14, 2011, 09:54:40 AM »
An interesting mechanic to me, as I don't remember any specials being cancellable into command normals *ever* in KOF. Was pretty cool seeing that demonstrated in the video, adds depth to her air game for sure.

Hahah- yes I'm setting the stage for someone to correct me. It's a challange then!

Is not the first time Mai can cancel Musasabi charge into normal or commands moves. Since 99 (if I'm not wrong) she cancel Musasabi charge into Ukihane (as well as into dD or dC, or into D air grab) The weird thing this time is that you have to cancel it before she gets the corner, in old KOFs you had to cancel it when she bounced off from the wall.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 14, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »
An interesting mechanic to me, as I don't remember any specials being cancellable into command normals *ever* in KOF. Was pretty cool seeing that demonstrated in the video, adds depth to her air game for sure.

Hahah- yes I'm setting the stage for someone to correct me. It's a challange then!

Is not the first time Mai can cancel Musasabi charge into normal or commands moves. Since 99 (if I'm not wrong) she cancel Musasabi charge into Ukihane (as well as into dD or dC, or into D air grab) The weird thing this time is that you have to cancel it before she gets the corner, in old KOFs you had to cancel it when she bounced off from the wall.

You are wise my friend. Didn't know that  m(_ _)m
Thanks for the info...

I wonder if it is still possible off the wall, would be cool if that were the case.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 14, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »
You are wise my friend. Didn't know that  m(_ _)m
Thanks for the info...
No, I'm not wise... just an old Mai user  :)

I wonder if it is still possible off the wall, would be cool if that were the case.
I don't know, but KOF XIII Musasabi charge is like her early encarnations one (she doesn't jumps off from the wall, just land in the ground when gets corner), so looks weird execute Ukihane after Musasabi charge, makes more sense do it before getting the corner. But if you could do wall jump after musasabi charge (in arcade you can't, if I'm not wrong), then you could execute Ukihane (or any aerial move), which could be really great. But since blog doesn't say anything about this... I don't see this happening.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 14, 2011, 06:48:01 PM »
Question: Is KOF XIII going to be at NYCC in any shape or form?

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 15, 2011, 02:30:58 AM »

Nope. Not Atlus/SNK type booth to speak of. Capcom has a rather large presence and Skullgirls had some setups (which is nice). But no KOF

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 15, 2011, 02:49:06 AM »

Nope. Not Atlus/SNK type booth to speak of. Capcom has a rather large presence and Skullgirls had some setups (which is nice). But no KOF

Why am I not surprised?

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 15, 2011, 02:51:47 AM »
Don't me so harsh. Namco, Arc Sys/Aksys, nor Netherrealm have booths (Harada is showing up for a SF x T panel and thats it afaik.

We know Dream Cancel is bringing KOF XIII Console with Atlus to  So Cal Regionals at the end of the month. Best place as any to give it a bit of presence.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 15, 2011, 02:52:51 AM »
SoCal regionals? Wait, that happens in December, right? Or does it happen twice?

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 15, 2011, 03:00:18 AM »
Ahh its in December? I heard it was October but i guess i had the dates mixed up.

Edit: IGN uploaded some KOF XIII footage. Some crappy play overall except for one vid which is a complete online match.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/14/king-of-fighters-xiii-extended-online-footage.

Now to find both their locations. on another note, load times is shorter
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:13:48 AM by Phoenixazure »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 15, 2011, 08:58:27 AM »
Ahh its in December? I heard it was October but i guess i had the dates mixed up.

Edit: IGN uploaded some KOF XIII footage. Some crappy play overall except for one vid which is a complete online match.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/14/king-of-fighters-xiii-extended-online-footage.

how exactly would be able to find out the locations of the players?

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 15, 2011, 11:10:46 AM »

Well since IGN didn't write something up about this, yet, explaining exactly what was happening here, we won't find out. My guess is it was on two systems in the office..which is..well on office-grade net, it's really hard to sell to consumers. "Look how well netplay runs on our offices awesome network, you guys should buy this!". If they on the other hand, playing on consumer grade net, in two different locations and had a positive experience, that would be sweet.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 15, 2011, 03:01:41 PM »

Well since IGN didn't write something up about this, yet, explaining exactly what was happening here, we won't find out. My guess is it was on two systems in the office..which is..well on office-grade net, it's really hard to sell to consumers. "Look how well netplay runs on our offices awesome network, you guys should buy this!". If they on the other hand, playing on consumer grade net, in two different locations and had a positive experience, that would be sweet.

And because the play is crappy, there is no way to discern tightness of online... Think they just wanted visits to their site IMO.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 15, 2011, 03:39:35 PM »
.... I wonder if IGN got permission to post the video of online play.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:48:26 PM by AmedoS310 »

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 15, 2011, 05:52:12 PM »

And because the play is crappy, there is no way to discern tightness of online... Think they just wanted visits to their site IMO.

This. We need high lvl combos to decide on the netcode. The video looks smooth, so does KOF 95 on neo-geo station which has like 1 second delay input.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 15, 2011, 05:56:05 PM »
wow 95 is that bad?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!