Author Topic: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)  (Read 364663 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 4th |OT| Thread:Console countdown edition (UPDATE 10/4 1st page)
« Reply #1320 on: October 21, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »
ok so one thing i wanna know for the older KoF games are we gonna have the OST tracks or the AST tracks on the disk?

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: October 21, 2011, 05:08:46 PM »
Does anyone know if Atlus is planning on hving an exhibition during the Socal Regional tournament for players to test out the online mode vs someone from their company building? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to know this.

I wonder if it's a brand new netcode or if they've improved on the netcode that was used in NGBC and Samurai Showdown Sen?

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 21, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »
Does anyone know if Atlus is planning on hving an exhibition during the Socal Regional tournament for players to test out the online mode vs someone from their company building? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to know this.

I wonder if it's a brand new netcode or if they've improved on the netcode that was used in NGBC and Samurai Showdown Sen?
So someone, please correct me if I'm wrong here. But doesn't the XIII netcode use the XII netcode as base?

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 21, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
ok so one thing i wanna know for the older KoF games are we gonna have the OST tracks or the AST tracks on the disk?
I want to know too. Wouldn't mind having the old school Iori's Arashi no Saxophone on disc.

[spoiler]

The King of Fighters '98 - Arashi no Saxophone

[/spoiler]

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 21, 2011, 07:12:16 PM »
I miss how older artwork used to portray the characters at some suit and tie dinner party, like KoF is some sort of high-class event.  They should go back to that.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 21, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »
I'm a bit confused about this
Quote from: The Professor!
Changes in game system:
- The Hitstun on normal jump attacks have been reduced. (Meaning it's harder to do combos)

Does this mean combos are harder to do or is harder your opponent get stun in a combo?

Noted at Evo already, you have to land your hits  alot deeper like mid-chest to waist height vs shoulder height for the arcades.  I remember finding it hard to adjust.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 21, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »
Yeah, that's something that always threw me off when playing the OG KOF's. I'm so used to just jump in heavy and you have huge hitstun to do your little combo. Now, I don't know. Knowing me, since I'm certainly not at a pro level and maybe not even decent. Doing consistent Hops takes some getting used to. So I see myself going for tick throws a lot more or jump in CD and try to corner them and take on their wakeup game.

*This could go either way. One the one hand you could jump in heavy, didn't time it right to combo, but you have tick and mind game options. The other guy could see that you mis-timed the jump in and thinks you're going to do something and just do SRK or whatever. It's a subtle mind game but I think this is going to make Clark even scarier. Either he jumps in and combos or he hits you and sets up an awesome SAB with full autoguard and the other guys only option is to try to throw him which doesn't seem very likely considering Command grabs in KOF beat out regular throws, or they run the fuck away. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:27:19 PM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 21, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »

SCR is on December 17.

samirerre

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 21, 2011, 09:07:01 PM »
did anyone saw the gamespot online demo video of kof xiii?
if you pause it at 00:20 you can clearly see joe's stance been tweaked.

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 21, 2011, 09:47:39 PM »
it's ost unless they decided to go ast sometime after evo

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 21, 2011, 10:21:27 PM »
it's ost unless they decided to go ast sometime after evo
well thats fine though i do prefer the ast version for some of the tracks

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1331 on: October 22, 2011, 11:19:36 AM »
sountrack pics

Oh my...I should have asked that for my christmas present instead...

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 22, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
you guys cant be fucking serious, ost? i didnt even listen to the shitty ost (as good as they where) because i owned a neo cd. now in the blu ray age where getting the sountracks to kof in horrible ost sounds? wtf is wrong with snkp if this is true, really. i hope you guys are wrong on the cd's thing, i was actually thinking of preordering the EU version for the art cd and ast's, not ost's. fuck man. somebody confirm.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 22, 2011, 07:28:47 PM »
you guys cant be fucking serious, ost? i didnt even listen to the shitty ost (as good as they where) because i owned a neo cd. now in the blu ray age where getting the sountracks to kof in horrible ost sounds? wtf is wrong with snkp if this is true, really. i hope you guys are wrong on the cd's thing, i was actually thinking of preordering the EU version for the art cd and ast's, not ost's. fuck man. somebody confirm.
well it's not like you cant go download the different version of the soundtrack of the internet bro..........

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 22, 2011, 07:44:37 PM »
Lots of themes are more cool from me in their OST form (actually, KOF is the only series where the arrange version are better for me but anyway) and I had no problem with them being OST

Waifu Material